ADVERTISEMENT

JF information

Guys, I'm not a board moderator. I know the fall board is not a high priority to moderate during early summer break. This is none of my business, but I respectfully ask that the Appomattox aspect of this thread be dropped please. Feel free to post about JF information as that's why the thread was started.

Thank you guys, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm not a board moderator. I know the fall board is not a high priority to moderate during early summer break. This is none of my business, but I respectfully ask that the Appomattox aspect of this thread be dropped please. Feel free to post about JF information as that's why the thread was started.

Thank you Mike. I hope they will respectfully take your advice.

I apologize to everyone on the board about deferring this thread into Appo talk. I will save my thoughts about previous coaching for other appropriate "labeled" threads. Don't think it would have went as long as if did if "tigger the tiger" wouldn't have got butthurt.

Can you prove any of that?
Shauntclair, I have a pretty distinguished person I know from the J.F. area and he told me like this "Christmas going to look out for Christmas, he wouldn't have came back if he didn't know boosters was going to put a little extra on it." Now is that hearsay? I don't think so coming from this person (No, Im not going to drop a name), but is could have the possibility. Is it wrong? I don't think so, to each his own, but I know when boosters add 10-30,000 to your salary a year, it will change things and lure in coaches that are very well known.

Shauntclair, I have a pretty distinguished person I know from the J.F. area and he told me like this "Christmas going to look out for Christmas, he wouldn't have came back if he didn't know boosters was going to put a little extra on it." Now is that hearsay? I don't think so coming from this person (No, Im not going to drop a name), but is could have the possibility. Is it wrong? I don't think so, to each his own, but I know when boosters add 10-30,000 to your salary a year, it will change things and lure in coaches that are very well known.
I thought booster clubs put money back into the programs for the kids not salaries

Reactions: shauntclair
By definition, that is hearsay. By definition, booster funds go to the kids.

Hearsay definition:
information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

This board is full of it, which is fine, it makes things more interesting. It could be true; could be false.

Christmas puts in extreme amounts of time and effort (as do most every high school coach) for the small stipend he is paid by the school system. IF he is given extra incentives it is NO WHERE NEAR the $10-30k you implied. Boosters make $ from concessions, fundraisers, etc and that money is given back to the program as they see fit (uniforms, equipment, camps). As booster president advo should know this!! Separate donations given by individuals/companies are another story. They sometimes come in the form of mini footballs, horns, bells, towels (for DOFO to wear around neck during games), etc but they can also be given as the individual sees fit.

Reactions: shauntclair
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT