ADVERTISEMENT

Ji Burton

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
Are they as good as some say? Personally I think they are a bit over rated I don't see them beating a lot of the teams in the West. I think Radford, GW, PM, Galax would all handle them pretty easily so far they have only played 2 teams of note in Union and Honaker. The other 8 they have played or have left to play are not good at all in Chilhowie, Lee, Unaka TN, Twinsprings, East side, Castlewood, Rye cove and Thomas walker. I just do not see how they are leading the points right now. This is not to put them down at all they are 6-1 right now and should finish 9-1 but that is a 9-1 with only 1 good win and 1 good loss and 8 wins that are not impressive. Who knows they may prove me wrong and win the state title but if the right team comes to town in the 2nd round of the playoffs I think they go home. What is your take on them or anyone else?

Burton has a pretty good program and pedigree so id be inclined to give them more latitude

They are legit in my opinion. I didn't believe the hype either but they proved me wrong. Their offensive line are massive and they move very well. They came to honaker and put on a good show. Honaker was never in the game. The score was so low because all the rain was the only thing that slowed them down that night. I will admit Honaker is not very good and that win might not mean a lot but EVERY team in the west will have there hands full with this team.

I don't think anybody on here said that Honaker was going to be anything this year. Your basing all your jabs at Honaker off of where they were ranked in a poll? What is your problem with them? And just for the record who is your team that you support? You know the majority of the people on this 1a fall board debate and discuss their team and the others with respect most of the time I would just like to know what your beef is?

I don't think anybody on here said that Honaker was going to be anything this year. Your basing all your jabs at Honaker off of where they were ranked in a poll? What is your problem with them? And just for the record who is your team that you support? You know the majority of the people on this 1a fall board debate and discuss their team and the others with respect most of the time I would just like to know what your beef is?

He's not happy with the rankings. It's a weekly thing, wouldn't give it much time or thought.

I think you do a good job with the rankings. I also applaud you for not breaking bad on him once or twice lol

LOL.

Meh, there's always one or two guys per year who make "discussions" about rankings their "thing". I've pretty much seen it all by now.

It's always the same argument where someone wants the rankings to be a predictive tool which is not at all their purpose, in my opinion.

Different criteria...... I've said that a number of times.
Not sure what charade you are speaking of.

My team is King & Queen... the mighty royal tigers

Different criteria...... I've said that a number of times.
Not sure what charade you are speaking of.

My team is King & Queen... the mighty royal tigers

The charade that you are actually interested in real discussion instead of snark with emoticons and "*chuckles*" at the end of your posts.

That charade.

It was a very real discussion when I questioned Honaker and Auburn at that point... the chuckle was for being right on both accounts

It was a very real discussion when I questioned Honaker and Auburn at that point... the chuckle was for being right on both accounts

"Right" based on a predictive model which, again, isn't at all the way that the VirginiaPreps.com rankings work

giphy.gif

Reactions: lovethisgame78
I have to agree with Goat about Auburn. I had no idea until learning recently that Honaker had such an inexperienced team.

But..you were wrong on Luray last week. So that deducts some brownie points.

I wish we had more people from far deep SWVA to chat on here. I dont think most of us know too much about Burton because they're so far away from schools like Radford and GW. You just dont hear much about them.

We ( far swva fans) have a msg board called swvasports.com. it's free to join and it's a really good place to go and get info for people that are not familiar with some of the teams.

I agree with Bravesfan. JI Burton is legit. They have the total package for a small far SWVA school. Their offensive line is huge, I mean college size, and those dudes can move. The QB is good, and they have 3 good backs. This D is good also. In other words, you better not draw Burton; If you do you will have your hands full.As for Honaker, the Tigers have one of the best programs in the State. I would have voted for them too. Honaker is no slouch in any sport!

As I said on my other post I think they are legit but with the teams they have seen this season and will see are absolutely no comparison. With the exception of Union and Honaker who is a very good team deserved that spot yes they are young but they will make waves in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT