ADVERTISEMENT

John Marshall 82; Trinity Episcopal 73

My goodness I didn't mean to start all this. I just noticed the schedule and thought that was impressive.

No need to go the disrespectful route to try and make a point. If someone feels some type of way about how they are addressed (whether you agree or not), the answer isn't to address that person the same way multiple times just to get a reaction. You guys disagree, it happens every day, no need to try and ruffle feathers to keep it going
just a little internet talk dude
it's all good
We are all anxious for the post season to begin
this is actually rather tame compared to some of those Tidewater folk in C4 and C3

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
just a little internet talk dude
it's all good
We are all anxious for the post season to begin
this is actually rather tame compared to some of those Tidewater folk in C4 and C3

I don't care if it is said to me, I wasn't talking about me. And I wasn't talking about you. DSH seemed like he didn't care for "dude". To me, using the same word over and over just because someone doesn't like it doesn't help make a case for a side of argument.

But if you can say that it wasn't used JUST to get under someone skin because they disagreed then I misread.

Either way doesn't bother me

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I don't care if it is said to me, I wasn't talking about me. And I wasn't talking about you. DSH seemed like he didn't care for "dude". To me, using the same word over and over just because someone doesn't like it doesn't help make a case for a side of argument.

But if you can say that it wasn't used JUST to get under someone skin because they disagreed then I misread.

Either way doesn't bother me
It’s all good bro. EPJr is the only real JM fan on this board and he didn’t take offense to what I initially said so that’s all that matters. I wasn’t coming at Marshall, I want to see the 804 teams win.. However, I am more saddened that basketball has been watered down these days. We can all debate for days, high school, college and NBA basketball is nothing like it used to be, but especially high school ball! My lament is over.

It’s all good bro. EPJr is the only real JM fan on this board and he didn’t take offense to what I initially said so that’s all that matters. I wasn’t coming at Marshall, I want to see the 804 teams win.. However, I am more saddened that basketball has been watered down these days. We can all debate for days, high school, college and NBA basketball is nothing like it used to be, but especially high school ball! My lament is over.
I am glad you are moving into the 21st Century. Everything is now watered down because the product is spread out more. There are twice as many high schools both public and private as there were in the "good ole days".

I for one love it because there are many more opportunities for the kids to have a place to play and show what they can do. Why should a kid sit on the end of the bench at Armstrong when they can start at the Church Hill Academy? Or not even make the team at Meadowbrook when they can play at The Carver Academy?

I am glad you are moving into the 21st Century. Everything is now watered down because the product is spread out more. There are twice as many high schools both public and private as there were in the "good ole days".

I for one love it because there are many more opportunities for the kids to have a place to play and show what they can do. Why should a kid sit on the end of the bench at Armstrong when they can start at the Church Hill Academy? Or not even make the team at Meadowbrook when they can play at The Carver Academy?
I agree. I have no problem with the kids spreading the love and going to other schools... What I DO have a problem with kids playing for the highlight play and ohhhs and ahhhs. I’d like to see kids go to schools like Church Hill Academy or Carver and not go to places like Benedictine, Trinity or St. Chris. Give the smaller schools some notoriety. RPS is reping hard this year. Could have 3 state champions in JM (2A), Armstrong (3A) and Huguenot (4A).. It would be great for the city.

Reactions: kw85
My goodness I didn't mean to start all this. I just noticed the schedule and thought that was impressive.

No need to go the disrespectful route to try and make a point. If someone feels some type of way about how they are addressed (whether you agree or not), the answer isn't to address that person the same way multiple times just to get a reaction. You guys disagree, it happens every day, no need to try and ruffle feathers to keep it going

Okay dude. It was hilarious that he got in his feels over dude and that was my way of pointing it out.

Son you like arguing over nothing. I know it’s not much to do out there in Marion or Wise or Bristol or wherever you’re from so I get it. If you think these SOFT kids these days could play back in the 2000s against some of the names I’ve named then you’re terribly mistaken.. You wouldn’t know anything about the 06 Booker T team or the 2007 Highland Springs team or the 08, 09, 10, and 12 Petersburg teams..1 because there’s not a lot of information about them online and 2 you don’t even have a clue because you’re 7 hours away from watching what I consider elite talent

whatever you say dude. You really believe eight years has changed generations, I don't need to argue you've shown yourself.

I'm not debating any individual team or player. You're right, I know nothing about those teams because that isnt the point. The point is you're trashing kids now (when apparently you're a kid yourself if you're that much younger than me) because you feel they play for highlights of whatever and refuse to see that isn't a new thing, it's just bigger now bc everyone sees it. You've consistently failed to address my point that highlight-centric basketball is not a new phenomena and has been prevalent in the AAU circuit for decades.

The only difference now is a kid can get his name out there easier and showcase his skills for the next level and not have to rely on a scout being there or a coach who may or may not have another agenda stumping for his kids.

Basketball has evolved, but not in the way you're saying. Toughness didn't go away because of Twitter, that's a dumb take. It has evolved and finally realize how important the 3pt shot is and how the best offenses shoot threes, get dunks/layups and free throws because those are the three most effective ways of scoring. But just because kids can post clips online or social media outlets broadcast games didn't magically take away toughness or determination.

Last edited:
Reactions: aw19752
80's and 90's was even better. Hand checking was part of the game. If you took it to the rack you better be tough because good chance your getting laid out. Going tohave to earn it at the line. No freebies at the rim. If a man tried to cut across the lane you knocked him down. It's just a much different game. They have removed the physicality out of the game. Good hard fouls then would be ejections now and all post players would be fouled out in the first quarter now a days compared to then.

80's and 90's was even better. Hand checking was part of the game. If you took it to the rack you better be tough because good chance your getting laid out. Going tohave to earn it at the line. No freebies at the rim. If a man tried to cut across the lane you knocked him down. It's just a much different game. They have removed the physicality out of the game. Good hard fouls then would be ejections now and all post players would be fouled out in the first quarter now a days compared to then.
Thank you!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT