ADVERTISEMENT

John Marshall ranked #1

Dinwiddie is 9-5 and has had some close losses. They recently lost by 1 point to a 11-2 Hopewell team. Petersburg is decent and the Central District teams are beating up on each other right now. The surprising thing is Prince George's fall from grace. They are just a horrid basketball team. In fact, so was the football team. Thomas Dale basketball is struggling too. I agree with you on Hanover. By playoff time the Hawks should be very good. They lost to a very good Oscar Smith team by 1 point in late December. I still believe everything goes through Varina. I have a staff member who is a head coach for a Class 1 team and he gives me his opinion on the top teams. He is leaning towards Varina, King George, Matoaca, Courtland and Hanover in Region B. He appears to be very fond of Kings Fork and indicated Region C has excellent balance. @BoKnowsSports GW still has a punchers chance, but Glass seems to be the big dawg in D. Good luck to all of the teams.
Thank you Navy, I know a few years back, Cortland was very good. Eastern View is normally pretty good but they don’t play any defense. I’ve seen GW play in person twice and they’re just not the same GW of the past with size and depth. Glass will win 4D but my Eagles will definitely have a day in that. I think Hanover will be the biggest threat to Varina in 4B. They can shoot it and play smart basketball. That’s a huge IF. Varina is the team to beat.

I agree with the fall from grace from PG. You know wayyy more about them than me but they have size, athleticism and the numbers out there. If they had the right coach, they’d dominate. We were thinking we’d play them in the playoffs in the spring season and those guys were huge and had a lot of speed everywhere. HS got them instead and PG didn’t even show up. Been downhill ever since.

Dinwiddie is 9-5 and has had some close losses. They recently lost by 1 point to a 11-2 Hopewell team. Petersburg is decent and the Central District teams are beating up on each other right now. The surprising thing is Prince George's fall from grace. They are just a horrid basketball team. In fact, so was the football team. Thomas Dale basketball is struggling too. I agree with you on Hanover. By playoff time the Hawks should be very good. They lost to a very good Oscar Smith team by 1 point in late December. I still believe everything goes through Varina. I have a staff member who is a head coach for a Class 1 team and he gives me his opinion on the top teams. He is leaning towards Varina, King George, Matoaca, Courtland and Hanover in Region B. He appears to be very fond of Kings Fork and indicated Region C has excellent balance. @BoKnowsSports GW still has a punchers chance, but Glass seems to be the big dawg in D. Good luck to all of the teams.
Are Hopewell and Petersburg better, worse, or the same as last year?

Hopewell is very good. Hard to compare teams, but I would say they are a better. Petersburg is not as talented as last season. Neither team is a slouch and will be well tested if not beat up come playoff time.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Hopewell is very good. Hard to compare teams, but I would say they are a better. Petersburg is not as talented as last season. Neither team is a slouch and will be well tested if not beat up come playoff time.
@schoolboard I was shocked to see the number of losses that Petersburg has. Chris Fields is the real deal and I know they brought back a good core from last year. I felt like they should’ve won the state championship last year but them and Cave Spring gave us one of the best games I’ve seen in the past 5 years.

Yes, I knew that even if they were worse than last year, they would still be pretty elite. I watched a lot of film last year and saw Hopewell in person last year, I just have not taken the time to watch film this year.

ranking are all subjective and is of little value now as everybody is concentrating on intrastate games.
JM is playing some big money district games before the playoffs.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT