ADVERTISEMENT

JR Tucker High School

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
Football:
J.R. Tucker seeks new head football coach as George Earle steps down after eight seasons with the Tigers. The new coach will inherit an unusual situation, as J.R. Tucker will not have any home games in 2020 as construction of the new high school is underway.

EPozzEgWAAAr_2c

Marshall, not Monroe (for those wondering about which JM)
The Colonial has the most intriguing assortment of coaches. Bedwell (Herm), Jones (Glen Allen), and Sims (JR Tucker). Tucker and Herm will both be getting a lot of kids thanks to the new redistricting. Smart move by Sims.

Reactions: mbonape1
The Colonial has the most intriguing assortment of coaches. Bedwell (Herm), Jones (Glen Allen), and Sims (JR Tucker). Tucker and Herm will both be getting a lot of kids thanks to the new redistricting. Smart move by Sims.
for a decade or so Tucker has been a sleeping giant waiting for the right coaches in football, basketball and baseball.

I have heard that the new HS will be bigger (Class 6 enrollment) but does anyone know what size the new Tucker will be?

Watch out for Glen Allen
The Colonial will be up there with the Capital in a few years. Glen Allen, Deep Run and Herm are going to be very good in 2020. Glen Allen’s JV team was very good this past year. Freeman and Godwin are always competitive.

Reactions: Rakie13
I don’t know Glen Allen’s coaches personally, but I saw a game live this year and they are building that program up the right way. Kids seem highly disciplined. Coaches are emotionally under control on the sidelines. I saw a lot of positive things from GA in ‘19.

Reactions: Rakie13
Meet Coach Sims Night!
Our returning football players, prospective players for 2020, rising freshmen interested in playing football at Tucker and their families are invited to a meet and greet with our new football coach, Phillip Sims.
Thursday night at 6 in the JRT library.

The Quotable Coach Sims: “Athletes will be held to a higher standard. Always expect more of yourself than others do. My job is to change to your life.”
EQsf7G1WsAENPIK

I see HSHS construction site every day. HS has the walls up and roof going on the gym and auditorium sections with the 2 classroom wings going up with the steel.
Does Tucker have the gym and auditorium up as well?

I'm more familiar with the city schools than the county schools. They definitely need it!
People saying Springs and Tucker were that bad but no where near as bad as the city schools. I used to work at Wythe and the old Springs and Tucker were state of the art campuses compared to the city schools. Rodents, roaches, mold/mildew, you name it. Kids in Richmond City deserve a lot better. I will say that the maintenance and custodial staff do a great job in RPS given what they are dealt with.

People saying Springs and Tucker were that bad but no where near as bad as the city schools. I used to work at Wythe and the old Springs and Tucker were state of the art campuses compared to the city schools. Rodents, roaches, mold/mildew, you name it. Kids in Richmond City deserve a lot better. I will say that the maintenance and custodial staff do a great job in RPS given what they are dealt with.
I believe you!

The “Friday night lights” were installed this week. Let’s Go!
FKtF8hOWYAAvnTx

The Jungle is going to be ROCKING in the fall!!!

Congratulations to Cam and Noah!
You played huge roles in a memorable season.
We wish you well!
You’ll always be a Tiger!

FKoe14qXMAA9Qq5

Congrats to Tuckers own Craig Bohlman!
Named a swim All-American this week!!
FXOkGSeXkAAwkkf

Reactions: springer76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT