ADVERTISEMENT

Just an update on my condition

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
My buddy DP had posted I was really struggling with some issues. Not to go into detail, but Thursday was the worst pain I've ever felt, it was unrelenting, and pretty much all day. I went to my GP and was diagnosed and treated appropriately. Here is my update from Facebook this evening:

I'm laying flat in the bed with my Bucket List glasses on enjoying the Battle at Bristol and the Race at Richmond. I have my furrever friend Jerry, laying on my lap, and best of all I'm pain free!

Thanks friends

Glad you enjoyed the Battle at Bristol I did to GO VOLS! I finally watch the game Sunday when I got home well except for the first quarter.

Reactions: mike salem
Glad you enjoyed the Battle at Bristol I did to GO VOLS! I finally watch the game Sunday when I got home well except for the first quarter.
I DVR'd it and watched it Sunday evening. VT got the beatdown put on them from the second quarter on. 5 turnovers??!!! Shoot, they had 4 turnovers last week and they still beat Liberty, which tells you a lot about Liberty! 7 total turnovers last season and they already have 9 this season in the first two weeks. Not looking good for the Hokies. Loved watching an SEC team beat an ACC team too!

Nothing better than a good high school football game. But to be 1 of 156990 had to go.

During the game, the Aflac trivia question was how many FBS division schools did not have attendance totals for 2015 football season that were greater than the attendance at the Bristol Motor Speedway attendance for the Tennessee and VT game. The answer was over 40!!

Reactions: Louisadad
Oh no..., not you too? Where is the locality around here?
I apologize for DP's spelling. Not everyone in Dinwiddie is intellectually deficient. Locality really? Don't even give me the auto correct excuse either "Ernest T Bass"! Oh I forgot, DP graduated from Petersburg High. How i don't know. Just so I don't offend anyone let me explain. It seems his problem was not with the school system or teachers. DP was a truancy problem and was often caught running from the Wild Irish Rose Wine factory.

Now you know the rest of the story. BleedingNavy, good day.

Last edited:
I apologize for DP's spelling. Not everyone in Dinwiddie is intellectually deficient. Locality really? Don't even give me the auto correct excuse either "Ernest T Bass"! Oh I forgot, DP graduated from Petersburg High. How i don't know. Just so I don't offend anyone let me explain. It seems his problem was not with the school system or teachers. DP was a truancy problem and was often caught running from the Wild Irish Rose Wine factory.

Now you know the rest of the story. BleedingNavy, good day.

I gave you a "like" just for the ending. Except I read it as: "BleedingNavy..................GOOD day!

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Spartan, see what I mean? A friend would have simply sent me a note telling me I had a misspelled a
I gave you a "like" just for the ending. Except I read it as: "BleedingNavy..................GOOD day!

word. But no, he threw me under the bus, put it in gear, and rocked back and forth across my body. No wonder my back hurts all the time.

That's enough. I'm going to start charging his wife more to be his "friend"! No way I can continue at the rate she pays me and the rest of the guys. I like her, and I certainly feel sorry for her, but she is asking an awful lot of us.

Hey Mike, not much from you the last couple of days. Everything ok?
I'm not having the kind of pain I was dealing with before, a little discomfort a couple times of day, but certainly very tolerable. (Level 2 discomfort-pressure, ache, 2x a day vs level 10 sharp, acute, knives stabbing pain, 50x a day) From that perspective I'm obviously doing so much better and I'm very appreciative.

I think I'm just dragging from the abx and the toll my immune system has been under from sediment for 4 months, and having an untreated UTI and bladder infection for at least 5 weeks. I have a post trauma malaise I guess.

I got up yesterday to go to my friend's son's little league football game and I immediately felt nauseated and lethargic. I called her and explained that although I'm not in pain, I'm still not back to me yet. I hope to go to an ALMS 8 game Thursday and Varsity vs Northside Friday, but I'll have to feel better to do so.

I'm achy overall, but my mid to lower back on each side is especially sore. I assume that means the infection affected my whole tract from kidneys, to bladder, to urethra. I'm calling the pharmacy today to extend my abx for another 10 days (3 weeks total) because I'm halfway through the abx treatment and I still have a little blood in the urine. I don't think 10 days will be enough to completely eradicate the pathogen. I want to be sure we nip this in the bud.

Anyway TMI I assume, but I'm not having the severe pain, just achy and lethargic. Football generally helps to soothe my ailments for a couple of hours. Being in the skybox enjoying a game is the best medicine!

I'm not having the kind of pain I was dealing with before, a little discomfort a couple times of day, but certainly very tolerable. (Level 2 discomfort-pressure, ache, 2x a day vs level 10 sharp, acute, knives stabbing pain, 50x a day) From that perspective I'm obviously doing so much better and I'm very appreciative.

I think I'm just dragging from the abx and the toll my immune system has been under from sediment for 4 months, and having an untreated UTI and bladder infection for at least 5 weeks. I have a post trauma malaise I guess.

I got up yesterday to go to my friend's son's little league football game and I immediately felt nauseated and lethargic. I called her and explained that although I'm not in pain, I'm still not back to me yet. I hope to go to an ALMS 8 game Thursday and Varsity vs Northside Friday, but I'll have to feel better to do so.

I'm achy overall, but my mid to lower back on each side is especially sore. I assume that means the infection affected my whole tract from kidneys, to bladder, to urethra. I'm calling the pharmacy today to extend my abx for another 10 days (3 weeks total) because I'm halfway through the abx treatment and I still have a little blood in the urine. I don't think 10 days will be enough to completely eradicate the pathogen. I want to be sure we nip this in the bud.

Anyway TMI I assume, but I'm not having the severe pain, just achy and lethargic. Football generally helps to soothe my ailments for a couple of hours. Being in the skybox enjoying a game is the best medicine!

It's not TMI until you start talking about pooping.:eek::D:p

My buddy DP had posted I was really struggling with some issues. Not to go into detail, but Thursday was the worst pain I've ever felt, it was unrelenting, and pretty much all day. I went to my GP and was diagnosed and treated appropriately. Here is my update from Facebook this evening:

I'm laying flat in the bed with my Bucket List glasses on enjoying the Battle at Bristol and the Race at Richmond. I have my furrever friend Jerry, laying on my lap, and best of all I'm pain free!

Thanks friends
All my sincere, best wishes to you MIke - I'll keep some good thoughts for you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT