ADVERTISEMENT

Kettle Run 41 James Wood 14

Oct 6, 2017
Fauquier County
Real slow start for Kettle Run after a bye week. As a 9-1 team, I am still not convinced that the Cougars offense can carry them into the playoffs. Very concerned about playing Millbrook again in the first round of the playoffs do to total lack of creativity on the Kettle Run Offense. I would much rather play a Loudoun County school then Millbrook.

The Colonials looked really impressive in the first half with the power running game. The Misdirection plays really had the KR linebackers confused. They just could never finish a drive to score. The Colonials just were finally outmatched in the second half by a bigger and better opponent. Tip of the hat to the James Wood Squad for never giving up in this game.

On to round one of the playoffs!

Which Loudoun County school? The one that has already beaten Millbrook or the one that has beaten Loudoun County HS? Your post makes no sense.

Which Loudoun County school? The one that has already beaten Millbrook or the one that has beaten Loudoun County HS? Your post makes no sense.

I get what you're saying, but I think he means that Millbrook has improved a ton in recent weeks, especially with Savon Smith being healthy now and them having a new solution at QB that has freed up one of their best players in Gavin Evosirch. I think I'd rather play Loudoun County or Riverside than Millbrook for a second time, if I were in their shoes. Nothing against either one of those teams, it's just that I think Kettle Run matches up better with them than Millbrook.

What makes no sense?

We have a one dimensional offense. Kettle Run doesn’t have offensive superstars to break a game wide open on talent (like millbrook). So wouldn’t you think that the Millbrook coaching staff could scheme to eliminate the cougars offense the second time around?? For the record, I don’t think I would want to play Liberty either if they were in the 6th slot.

As for Woodgrove or LC, KR would have better odds playing a team for the first time. I am not saying who has a better team, just saying that Kettle Run would have more of an advatage of playing those Loundon teams for the first time due to the way KR plays offense.

Plus Millbrook is an entirely different team since Smith is back.

I would agree if you had said Riverside since KR and Riverside shared a common opponent in Culpeper. I don’t think a matchup with LCHS or Woodgrove would be better for the Cougars but, that’s just my opinion. Good luck to you guys either way.

I get what you're saying, but I think he means that Millbrook has improved a ton in recent weeks, especially with Savon Smith being healthy now and them having a new solution at QB that has freed up one of their best players in Gavin Evosirch. I think I'd rather play Loudoun County or Riverside than Millbrook for a second time, if I were in their shoes. Nothing against either one of those teams, it's just that I think Kettle Run matches up better with them than Millbrook.

Yep. Yep. And Yep.

You know why I am not looking forward to KR playing Millbrook.

I would agree if you had said Riverside since KR and Riverside shared a common opponent in Culpeper. I don’t think a matchup with LCHS or Woodgrove would be better for the Cougars but, that’s just my opinion. Good luck to you guys either way.

I was not throwing any Shade to the Loudon teams. Clearly they are solid football teams that deserve a lot of respect. Personally going against Millbrook is not a good matchup for Round 1.

Good luck to your team also.

Kettle Run’s defense is one of the best I’ve seen this year, I don’t think it would have a whole lot of trouble with Millbrook unless it gets burned on the edges like Sherando’s did in the first quarter against Millbrook. Though KR does need to work on offense, that is there weak spot.

Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT