ADVERTISEMENT

Kettle Run at Sherando - NOW AT SHENANDOAH UNIVERSITY @ 4:45 Friday

Sweet stadium!
I was out there 4 weeks ago watching some Woodgrove alumni playing for Randolph- Macon and Shenandoah!
Hey, at least your field will not get torn up.....
You might host Loudoun County next week IF Woodgrove doesn't take care of business Friday night!

Sweet stadium!
I was out there 4 weeks ago watching some Woodgrove alumni playing for Randolph- Macon and Shenandoah!
Hey, at least your field will not get torn up.....
You might host Loudoun County next week IF Woodgrove doesn't take care of business Friday night!
Tom Potter suggesting Woodgrove might lose :eek:

Seating will be limited , and the earlier time might cut down the attendance some. The visitors side is very small . All in all a good decision for this game. Best of luck for a injury free game.

Seating will be limited , and the earlier time might cut down the attendance some. The visitors side is very small . All in all a good decision for this game. Best of luck for a injury free game.

Damn Weather.

It will be hard for most of the fans from Warrenton to get up there for a 445 game. Plus I was looking forward to a big playoff atmosphere at Warrior Stadium.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
Yeh I agree , and we would love to have it at home also, however , the field is already soaked , and ice and snow coming Thursday would tip it over the edge of having it at home. Moving it to Saturday was not really going to help the field much. At least the players can decide it on a clean surface. Thankful for Shenandoah being so kind to let the game to be played on the Hornets home field. We had the same problem in 2013 the week before the state game , couldn’t practice all week , until the the last two days before the State game , Shenandoah cleaned off half of there field for us to at least get two days of real practice. Even though it didn’t help much , thankful they are so considerate to the Warriors .

Reactions: Shruikan
True , and No horse and “ the good , the bad , and ugly “ coming Down the stairs. You guys are to good to be into that anyway , almost like a nuetral game :D

Guess we will see, I just like seeing both teams playing with the best footing the cleats will grab as possible . We will see what happens . I think KR has a great team this year , and they deserve to be where they are . They beat a very good Millbrook team.

Reactions: Tom Potter
Guess we will see, I just like seeing both teams playing with the best footing the cleats will grab as possible . We will see what happens . I think KR has a great team this year , and they deserve to be where they are . They beat a very good Millbrook team.

@Smallfry2015 Sherando and KR have both done pretty good year! They have been fun to watch this year.

Reactions: Smallfry2015

If fans want a good seat, you will need to arrive early as seating will be limited when compared to Sherando's seating capacity which is probably in ballpark of 3,500 - 4,000. I would venture to guess that Shenandoah's seating capacity is maybe 2,000 - 2,500.

Parking is not at all adequate there. One would of thought SU would of built the parking garage next to the new athletic center but they built it down and up the hill an old field hockey field. It was approx $5 million garage and was told that basically nobody parks in there because it's so far away from the school. Only used during football games. Sounds like $5 million well spent.

No doubt, it's a big downer for high school football fans with the game not being held at Sherando and it's understood that their field is not most ideal for playing conditions as it does not take water very well. The area had rain Monday night and looks like more of something Thursday.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
If fans want a good seat, you will need to arrive early as seating will be limited when compared to Sherando's seating capacity which is probably in ballpark of 3,500 - 4,000. I would venture to guess that Shenandoah's seating capacity is maybe 2,000 - 2,500.

Parking is not at all adequate there. One would of thought SU would of built the parking garage next to the new athletic center but they built it down and up the hill an old field hockey field. It was approx $5 million garage and was told that basically nobody parks in there because it's so far away from the school. Only used during football games. Sounds like $5 million well spent.

No doubt, it's a big downer for high school football fans with the game not being held at Sherando and it's understood that their field is not most ideal for playing conditions as it does not take water very well. The area had rain Monday night and looks like more of something Thursday.
From afar my question would be why would a large 4,000 seat stadium not have turf in this day and age?

Back when I was in school, one of the coaches told me that Sherando was originally supposed to have black turf but ultimately the funds weren’t there
Because if one Frederick County HS gets turf, all of them get it. Think Millbrook and James Wood. It won't happen anytime soon because a fourth HS is in the works.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
Game is at 445pm because of possibility of another high school game after at 830pm that is unconfirmed at this time .

Wonder why Sherando did not ask Handley officials to use their turf field on Saturday? You could easily get 4,000 fans in that stadium with the bowl and plenty of FREE parking everywhere. :)

Forgot to mention a couple of things about Shenandoah Shentel Stadium.

- The concessions will not be like what you get at Sherando .. if you are smart ... wear a heavy coat and pack your pockets!

- If you are on the visitor's side of the field ... you cannot go over to the home side unless you exit the field ... same goes for the home side, you cannot get over to the visitor side of the field.

- Just be prepared for a cluster as parking is very limited and expect to do some walking to get to the stadium if your arrival is not very early.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shruikan
It will be interesting if Winchester gets 3 to 4 inches of snow/sleet tomorrow into Friday morning, then early Friday remains cloudy, will it all melt off in time for the game. I'd be surprised if Shenandoah uses any of their resources to clear the field for a high school game.

Reactions: Smallfry2015
Seems to me they could have started the game at 6pm....2nd game could start at 8:30 and be fine.

Seems to me they could have started the game at 6pm....2nd game could start at 8:30 and be fine.

I dunno about that. Last 3 years this area has had games at JMU. Where do these 2nd teams warm up? Not on the field they are going to play on? Everyone complains about the time in between the 2 games at State Championships, but that is the main reason for it

A lot of snow has fallen in Winchester today, more coming thru the evening. SU may do a good job pushing snow off the field tomorrow, but wonder if they will take the time to clear the bleachers of snow. Hopefully the sun melts a lot once it does come out tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT