ADVERTISEMENT

Key Returners, losses

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
So, Who are some of the key players returning for your team, key losses?

Graham lost their QB Devin Lester, Aaron Edwards and Ben Kastner (LB's) and Tre Booker (RB) and a couple of other key players. Seems like a lot to lose, but Graham has a good stable of athletes returning and should be solid again. Among key players returning are Brody Meadows (OL) and Xayvion Bradshaw (ATH). I think that Jamir Blevins (QB) will be solid at the QB position, but he played behind Devin Lester last year, so didn't get a lot of playing time. Connor Roberts will be a player to watch for Graham on the defensive line also. Also, Aaron Jackson, a transfer from WV looks to be solid on the OL. The lineplay for Graham may actually be better this season, but they lost some key players at LB and the skill positions. They need to find a RB for short yardage situations and another receiver to take pressure off of Bradshaw. I think Brayden Watkins may step into that role. I look for Bradshaw to have a big year in a shortened season. Can't wait to see how they do. Graham seems to be re-loading every season since Palmer took over. They work really hard in the weight room during the off-season and it seems as if they always have some surprises because of all of the hard work.

Reactions: Stabler1980
I've heard people say that Graham wlll be down this year but I don't see it. I think you guys will be very good again. You got some big "keys" and just need to fill in some other spots to be solid I would say.

I try to get a list for the Raiders in a bit.

Last edited:
It has been a phenomenal past 5 years for the Raiders!!! I think I'm correct is saying that over that 5 year span they were 68-5 with 4 State Championships. As a dad who has or had boys on all of those teams, it's been a cool ride!!
My youngest son will be a senior this year and I'm hoping they get to play as I see there are school deciding to not play (what a shame for those kids!!!)
Here is the best I can tell of what the Raiders have returning. The following are returning starters or ones who rotated into the starting lineup.

Offense:
Lineman: Center, Jacob Williams 71 / Guard, Quamay Gray 51 / TE Bronson Williams 43
Backs: Keyshawn Baker 10 / JaQuan Walker 21
QB: Trey Lawing 8
Receivers: Tez Booker 2 / Jonathan Pennix 4 (possible RB as well) / Jordan Scott 14

Defense:
Lineman: AJ Moore 52 / Quamay Gray 51 / Bronson Williams 43
Line Backers: Keyshawn baker 10 / Landon Wilson 41 / JaQuan Walker 21 / Toby Bryant 17
DB: Tez Booker 2 / Jonathan Pennix 4 / Jordan Scott 14

Special Teams:
Long Snapper: Bronson Williams 43

Lineman will be the biggest holes to fill for the Raiders. We have some very capable kids to fill in they will just need some work. I don't see us as big up front across the line as we have been, but with 3 starters returning hopefully they can fill the gaps.
QB wise we are solid as Lawing returns as a junior but started there as a freshman. If his passing continues to develop like it started to show at the end of last year....Look Out because he's loaded with weapons to get the ball to. Booker 6' and FAST, and Scott who is 6'4" will make you respect the deep ball. Add to them Pennix and Keith Callier, they will be loaded at receiver. The TE Williams is a good blocker, has great hands, and good speed for 245lbs
RB Keyshawn Baker is going to punish defenses much like Furguson did last year. Walker is another bruising back and they might throw Pennix in there for some speed.

Defensively the DB's are and should be solid. Lots of experience and talent!!!
LB should be a good group but Baker will be the standout there (he's impressive with speed and size (muscle mass).
Lineman should be fairly solid with some size but they can all move well. probably the better moving lineman as a group than most teams will face. If they beat your line they wont be the lumbering lineman trying to get the QB, they will close in fast and hard.
Also we have what they call "squirrels" at D line. Smaller guys who are extremely quick that will be under and past most O lineman before they can do much about it. They cause pure havoc in the backfield!

Special teams is going to be a whole to fill that has been a strong point for the Raiders for years.
Two of our last three kickers received scholarships and our last two long snappers also were recruited by DI schools as snappers.
Our great kicker last year went back to Italy so we are looking to fill his shoes with a kid from the soccer team. Ironically, our Long Snapper, Williams could start at punter and kicker if need but then they would need to fill his shoes at snapping.

Last edited:
Unfortunately he can't. But the prayer is that he will recover well enough to be back with the kids next fall.
Please keep him in your prayers. That man brings a lot of what these kids need to the table (and I'm not talking football)

Edited today: On a positive note Coach Smith did make it in to talk to the boys last night and encouraged them to stay positive through the "trials" and to not settle for average in school, football, or life. He spoke a bit about his battle and told the boys about how hard he has been fighting to make it back.

Last edited:
I've heard people say that Graham wlll be down this year but I don't see it. I think you guys will be very good again. You got some big "keys" and just need to fill in some other spots to be solid I would say.

I try to get a list for the Raiders in a bit.
Coach Palmer is saying that this is his strongest team in the weight room that he has had.

Reactions: Bo Bob
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT