ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to Salem Jefferson Forest Game

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Turnovers and flags will play a huge part in this game. However, the game will be decided by which defense can slow the other teams offense. Can Salem keep JF below 30 points? Can JF keep Salem below 30 points? The benefit game was 34-28 Salem before substitutes entered the game the final was 35-34 JF. I expect about the same number of points to be scored with a turnover here or there making the difference.

As has the JF offense though. Wasn't clicking really at all the way it should until the Magna Vista game. And only progressed since. I'm excited to see hap they fare against each other
I think the play calling for both teams was conservative during the benefit game.

Play calls probably were conservative but seeing that option even in an abbreviated state has to help the Salem D.
They didn't really pass much during the benefit. We'll have to be mindful of the pass as well. You creep up to stop that run and eventually they'll catch you.

Salem will need to have long sustained scoring drives, which will keep the JF offense off the field and the salem defense rested.

Salem will need to have long sustained scoring drives, which will keep the JF offense off the field and the salem defense rested.
Both of these teams are capable of long sustained drives and both have a few home run hitters. Your advice is true for both teams.

Yes I have numerous times. I was at the salem / lake taylor game last year. And if salem makes it back to championship game, I'll go back again. Interesting that if someone picks salem to lose, they are a salem hater. I lived in salem most of my life, also had a son play for salem during the willis white era.

Yes I have numerous times. I was at the salem / lake taylor game last year. And if salem makes it back to championship game, I'll go back again. Interesting that if someone picks salem to lose, they are a salem hater. I lived in salem most of my life, also had a son play for salem during the willis white era.
I don't think you're a Salem hater. I just think it's silly to think JF can score 50 on Salem's defense.

But not this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT