ADVERTISEMENT

KF-20 WB-23

Aug 31, 2017
Tough loss tonight for the Bulldogs. Up 20-8 into the third they couldn't close. Very exciting ending.

WB had about 15 plays inside the KF 20 in the last minute. Samm Dunn made a great play pulling down the running back for a 7 yard loss on 3rd down. Face mask penalty was called. From what I saw he pulled him down by the shoulder pad and the guy who threw the flag couldn't even see the face mask of the WB back. I know it sounds like sour grapes but KF was called for 19 penalties totaling 150 yards. I'll admit some was discipline and could have been avoided but there were multiple phantom calls that kept WB drives going.

Also, those that know the rule book better than I, is a team allowed to call there consecutive timeouts without a play ran between them? WB did and then got an extra when there was an officials timeout literally right after the third WB timeout was over. All this took place following the bad facemask call. Very frustrating.

Butts ran for 196 and 2 TDs. Kids played hard. It's one loss and something that they can learn from. On to Hickory

Tough loss tonight for the Bulldogs. Up 20-8 into the third they couldn't close. Very exciting ending.

WB had about 15 plays inside the KF 20 in the last minute. Samm Dunn made a great play pulling down the running back for a 7 yard loss on 3rd down. Face mask penalty was called. From what I saw he pulled him down by the shoulder pad and the guy who threw the flag couldn't even see the face mask of the WB back. I know it sounds like sour grapes but KF was called for 19 penalties totaling 150 yards. I'll admit some was discipline and could have been avoided but there were multiple phantom calls that kept WB drives going.

Also, those that know the rule book better than I, is a team allowed to call there consecutive timeouts without a play ran between them? WB did and then got an extra when there was an officials timeout literally right after the third WB timeout was over. All this took place following the bad facemask call. Very frustrating.

Butts ran for 196 and 2 TDs. Kids played hard. It's one loss and something that they can learn from. On to Hickory

Yes you can call 3 timeouts without a play being ran. Not something I would do, as after the first one the clock is stopped, but the other 2 may have been to prevent delay of games or "see" what the other team is running.

I've got to admit, three consecutive timeouts by the same team is really unusual. It tells me one of three things. 1). The next play was considered a do or die play, 2). a key player needed the extra time to recover from a "ding", or 3). the coaching staff was just doing a poor job of managing the situation, (a lot of confusion).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT