ADVERTISEMENT

KF 29 OS 23

Aug 31, 2017
LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Defense, grit, and want to!

Kings Fork got their first win in school history over Oscar Smith. In the process they stopped a 99 game win streak and, for the first time, became Southeastern District Champions.

Let me tell y'all that this game was closer on the scoreboard than it should have been. A wide-open TD dropped in the first half and a fumble on Oscar Smith's 1 yard line in the forth quarter kept Smith in the game.

I've said multiple times that Kings Fork would be the most balanced offense Smith has seen all season. Well, Smith loaded the box to stop the run. Justin German proceeded to throw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs.

I've said that the Kings Fork defense hasn't been talked about like they should. These guys are good. Really good. Smith had NO running game. The pass rushing from Fork in the second half wasn't great but the coverage picked up the slack.

Let me tell you what really impresses me about then win.

In the 4th quarter with Fork leading 21-16, Fork drove the ball to Smith's 1 and fumbled. Big shift in momentum. The Fork defense looked to have a sack but somehow (maybe that Smith magic), the QB escapes and throws to a wide open receiver for 6. Score 23-21 Smith with 2 minutes left. Instead of allowing Smith and their streak get to them, the Fork offense responds. Not without suspense though. On 4th and 10, German throws a 50/50 ball up and none other than Cherrod Joe comes down with it and takes it in for 6. Fork goes for two and is up 29-23. About a minute left. Fork squibs it to #8, Cam'ron Kelly who has offers from every school in the nation and maybe even some from overseas I don't know the kid is really good at football. Kelly proceeds to take this kickoff what looks to be all the way back. Until he is ran down by a Senior, on senior night, and stopped at the 4 yard line. So here we are, less than a minute on the clock, Smith with the ball down by 6 inside the Fork 5. First play, toss. The toss is actually dropped but is recovered by Smith. 4 yard loss. 2nd down, toss. Played well by Fork and stopped again. 3rd down. Beautiful call by the coaches, blitz and stopped the RB as he got the exchange. 4th down from about the 10 at this point. 11 seconds left. Smith drops back but with then coverage and the pass rush there was no where to go. Ball game.

These guys battled. They never gave up. They kept coming back and asking for more. They did what people said they couldn't. They're not disciplined enough. They are too emotional.

Those folks can kick rocks.

These men left it on the field tonight. They busted their ass for this opportunity and they took advantage

Kings Fork is the Southeastern District Champion. That is goal 2 of 3 down. The first was to win the City of Suffolk, the second the district. #3 is that state championship.

Get ready for the Bulldogs folks because they are coming for that #1 spot!!

impressive-most-impressive.jpg

Absolutely impressive and your right KF should have won by 3 tds. Will be very, very tough here on out.

LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Defense, grit, and want to!

Kings Fork got their first win in school history over Oscar Smith. In the process they stopped a 99 game win streak and, for the first time, became Southeastern District Champions.

Let me tell y'all that this game was closer on the scoreboard than it should have been. A wide-open TD dropped in the first half and a fumble on Oscar Smith's 1 yard line in the forth quarter kept Smith in the game.

I've said multiple times that Kings Fork would be the most balanced offense Smith has seen all season. Well, Smith loaded the box to stop the run. Justin German proceeded to throw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs.

I've said that the Kings Fork defense hasn't been talked about like they should. These guys are good. Really good. Smith had NO running game. The pass rushing from Fork in the second half wasn't great but the coverage picked up the slack.

Let me tell you what really impresses me about then win.

In the 4th quarter with Fork leading 21-16, Fork drove the ball to Smith's 1 and fumbled. Big shift in momentum. The Fork defense looked to have a sack but somehow (maybe that Smith magic), the QB escapes and throws to a wide open receiver for 6. Score 23-21 Smith with 2 minutes left. Instead of allowing Smith and their streak get to them, the Fork offense responds. Not without suspense though. On 4th and 10, German throws a 50/50 ball up and none other than Cherrod Joe comes down with it and takes it in for 6. Fork goes for two and is up 29-23. About a minute left. Fork squibs it to #8, Cam'ron Kelly who has offers from every school in the nation and maybe even some from overseas I don't know the kid is really good at football. Kelly proceeds to take this kickoff what looks to be all the way back. Until he is ran down by a Senior, on senior night, and stopped at the 4 yard line. So here we are, less than a minute on the clock, Smith with the ball down by 6 inside the Fork 5. First play, toss. The toss is actually dropped but is recovered by Smith. 4 yard loss. 2nd down, toss. Played well by Fork and stopped again. 3rd down. Beautiful call by the coaches, blitz and stopped the RB as he got the exchange. 4th down from about the 10 at this point. 11 seconds left. Smith drops back but with then coverage and the pass rush there was no where to go. Ball game.

These guys battled. They never gave up. They kept coming back and asking for more. They did what people said they couldn't. They're not disciplined enough. They are too emotional.

Those folks can kick rocks.

These men left it on the field tonight. They busted their ass for this opportunity and they took advantage

Kings Fork is the Southeastern District Champion. That is goal 2 of 3 down. The first was to win the City of Suffolk, the second the district. #3 is that state championship.

Get ready for the Bulldogs folks because they are coming for that #1 spot!!

@ForksUp Great win!! Can I get some credit I have been on that Wagon since the summer time and doubled down this week! :)

You are in the driver seat in region A and now have to be mentioned in the same breath with the powers in 4B. You dominated them last night!

The class 4 in the east is loaded. Imagine if Lake Taylor wasn't down this year.
With the emergence of KF & DC and Lafayette being a constant, plus throw in a quality Smithfield team and then add in 4 undefeateds from 4B. The EAST is TOUGH!

Great win. Wish I could have made the trip for that one. Can only imagine the confidence boost that win will give them this year and as a program.

As for Smith, it looks like they will definitely need their top running back to return from injury to go deep in the 6A playoffs.

Great win. Wish I could have made the trip for that one. Can only imagine the confidence boost that win will give them this year and as a program.

As for Smith, it looks like they will definitely need their top running back to return from injury to go deep in the 6A playoffs.
What it exposed also for OS is a leaky pass defense and all those top 6A teams pass well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT