ADVERTISEMENT

KF 70 Jamestown 7

Aug 31, 2017
Didn't know much about Jamestown. Watched film on them this week. They want to run the spread, and sure it looks good when it works, but they do not have the horses for it.

Their playcalling was questionable to say the least. Bunch of screens. A QB draw on 4th down up the middle, the strength of the Fork defense.

What I will say is they won't get any better as a team any time soon with their current mindset. Down 70-0, they score. Following the score they have a giant celebration, as if they were winning the game. Drew a flag. There was also multiple times after the whistle they didn't keep their cool. In my opinion that kind of celebrating with the score the way it is is not a victory. They kept fighting and that is great. The celebration was way overboard though.

As for Fork we host our second Bay Rivers opponent next week in Smithfield. Should be a fun matchup. A lot of athletes on the field.

Jamestown lost to Lafayette a few weeks ago by 62-7 and they have been very thin on talent for years. Multiple coaches, a real lack of continuity and low player turnout. They have always played the spread with little success. Smithfield is on a good roll the past month or so and aren’t you guys almost neighbors? Should be interesting especially if the weather as expected is much better than tonite for Smithfield’s passing.

Honestly Smithfield was lucky to beat LT. LT again got hit with a few crucial turnovers at inopportune times which has plagued them this year.

I thiNk KF will beat Smithfield handily but beware WD can throw the ball and is a playmaker. I think Fork will be too much for Smithfield ultimately.

Honestly Smithfield was lucky to beat LT. LT again got hit with a few crucial turnovers at inopportune times which has plagued them this year.

I thiNk KF will beat Smithfield handily but beware WD can throw the ball and is a playmaker. I think Fork will be too much for Smithfield ultimately.

KF will most likely win but if the wind is calm next Friday rather than the stiff 15-20 mph we had here all night WD can pass real well and that makes his running even more difficult to stop.
At game end 36 degrees and 20 mph winds. Simply miserable! First time in 20 years I had to put up my hood to stop the cold and that was before kick off. My feet are still cold. Forecast next Friday here; 64-49, sunny.

Reactions: ForksUp
KF will most likely win but if the wind is calm next Friday rather than the stiff 15-20 mph we had here all night WD can pass real well and that makes his running even more difficult to stop.
At game end 36 degrees and 20 mph winds. Simply miserable! First time in 20 years I had to put up my hood to stop the cold and that was before kick off. My feet are still cold. Forecast next Friday here; 64-49, sunny.

You got Deep Creek next week correct? Wow that is going to be a good one!

Reactions: ForksUp
Yep, Smithfield is right down the road.

WD has legit 4.4 speed. Guy is a baller. Gonna have to stay disciplined in order to contain him.

I'm interested to see how it plays out though. I'd say this is the best offensive teams we've faced this year, based off the points they've put up throughout the year. It'll be a test for sure.

You got Deep Creek next week correct? Wow that is going to be a good one!
Yep DC. Expect that to be our toughest game year to date. Better start faster than tonite/ down 10-7 at the half and 17-7 early 3rd Q. Then Lafayette went on a 41-0 blitz. But tonite’s game against a well known opponent at 7-3, had their worst defensive outing this year.

WD has legit 4.4 speed. Guy is a baller. Gonna have to stay disciplined in order to contain him.

I'm interested to see how it plays out though. I'd say this is the best offensive teams we've faced this year, based off the points they've put up throughout the year. It'll be a test for sure.
As good as Smithfield offensively is it is their defense that has risen the most in the last month or so and has been excellent. That had gotten far less notice but very key next week.

Reactions: ForksUp and gwb16

Not real familiar with DC strengths on offense and defense just the scores . Any commentary you can give?

Not real familiar with DC strengths on offense and defense just the scores . Any commentary you can give?

Defense is very good. Very physical.

Offensively their running back is very good. They will get him outside on sweeps and let him work. Their QB is healthy and has been back for a few weeks. We played him his first week back, he did well but it seemed like they were certainly limiting him.

#4 on their defensive line is an absolute monster. That may be an understatement. He is very good.

Defense is very good. Very physical.

Offensively their running back is very good. They will get him outside on sweeps and let him work. Their QB is healthy and has been back for a few weeks. We played him his first week back, he did well but it seemed like they were certainly limiting him.

#4 on their defensive line is an absolute monster. That may be an understatement. He is very good.
Their defense must be real good- they had a fumble return and int return against a Heritage and had them shutout thru 3 Q’s . Had 2 rushing tds and 2 passing but the offensive stats in the Daily Press at 120 passing and around 110 rushing were less than I had thought they would be by the score.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT