ADVERTISEMENT

Kicking games---who has the best

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
I know that Salem's effective field goal range is about 35 yards-----Excellent on extra points.
Kick offs to about the five---coverage was bad early in the year but now is very good.
Punt avg about 35.
They are very dangerous on kick off returns and punt returns (though they have fumbled two punt returns this year)

How do other teams still in the playoffs stack up?

I know that Salem's effective field goal range is about 35 yards-----Excellent on extra points.
Kick offs to about the five---coverage was bad early in the year but now is very good.
Punt avg about 35.
They are very dangerous on kick off returns and punt returns (though they have fumbled two punt returns this year)

Good post!

Punt avg about 35.

Hanover will pooch kick with good height, try an onside kick here and there, but on a normal kick it goes to the fifteen with good height. Sound coverage.

Punter gets good hang time, but is erratic at times. If pressured he will shank it. 30 yard average.

Hanover tried 2 fg's and made one from 28. Missed from 35 (short). If they kick the xp he is accurate. Got to watch the presnap spread. They will run it up the middle for two.

Kick returners and punt returners are average. Nothing special. Long snapper is above average.

Woodgrove's Junior kicker Cameron Gieseman has a great leg; can get a 40 yard FG possibly, he did not get many chances to kick FGs in regular season or playoffs so far...
His kickoffs (50%) routinely made it to end zone for touchbacks when the weather was warmer. He misses the occassional extra point.

Our punter is the starting QB Kovich, usually. We punted 4 times total in the regular season and he can get the ball 20-35 yards down the field typically and occassionally will get a longer roll and extra yardage. He did a great job of pooch kicking the ball to the sideline against Sherando! Of course having the starting QB as punter sets up the fake well.

Woodgrove has good special teams; coverage and returns. We have returned two punts for TDs and I believe we have returned at least one kickoff for a TD this year at a game that I missed? We have fumbled a few punts as well.

Woodgrove is a 4 down team that did not punt much or go for field goals during the regular season. Coach Skinner will routinely go for 4th down and anything less than I'm thinking 5 yards depending on where the ball is spotted.

We have been punting more in the playoffs particularly deep in our own territory.

Last edited:
Salem has a sophomore who does a nice job kicking. Nate Craft is his name. I met his family when he was younger. They showed me a YouTube video of him in the sixth grade kicking a field goal from 50 yards.He is getting a lot of attention already. Someone recently said he is ranked 4th in the country.

Reactions: salemfan32
Salem has a sophomore who does a nice job kicking. Nate Craft is his name. I met his family when he was younger. They showed me a YouTube video of him in the sixth grade kicking a field goal from 50 yards.He is getting a lot of attention already. Someone recently said he is ranked 4th in the country.
He is a good kid from a great family. His late grandfather and i were best friends. I honestly believe he will settle for nothing less than kicking for UVA. Very bright future for this young man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT