ADVERTISEMENT

King George

FoxesPride

VaPreps Varsity
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2017
Anyone hearing anything about King George for the upcoming year?

They lost quite a few seniors, not sure how many of them were starters. I know their JV team last year was pretty good. I would say they should be hopeful for a playoff spot.

They lost quite a few seniors, not sure how many of them were starters. I know their JV team last year was pretty good. I would say they should be hopeful for a playoff spot.
They start the season with Tuscarora, Brooke Point, Louisa, and Stafford, so we will know soon enough!!!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Their JV looked like a varsity team last year, and I was hoping their coach would stick around, at least for this year, to mix the pieces together. But from what I saw, they should be back in form this year as long as the talent doesn't leave. The JV QB threw a great ball and had a fast receiving corp.

Last edited:
Foxes should be ho hum this year. They lost a lot on offense but QB and FB return but only 4 starters on offense and most of the NFL size line is gone! Of last years projected starters on D only 2 return. Had a big good jv team but i really cant see them competing with district favorites Eastern view or Courtland but possibly knock off a rebuilding JM team that really didn't show well in the Maury stadium passing tournament a few weeks ago! A lot of people don"t put much faith in a 7 on 7 but in most years the Jackets are at the top in those tourneys! The foxes are always large in sizes and numbers and new head coach Vern Lunsford with the help of wing T guru Tim Coleman they will rebuild quickly but competing with EV and JM will be tough!

@skynard1 well you vanished in the playoffs last year. I was waiting for your recap or thoughts on the Louisa/Dinwiddie game (heard you were there) and Louisa's run in general but it never came. You were one of the guys who was on the wagon the whole time.

And dang, Coleman's helping everybody out these days! Haha. That's true love for the game and kids. He was at Charlottesville's 7 on 7 a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Foxes should be ho hum this year. They lost a lot on offense but QB and FB return but only 4 starters on offense and most of the NFL size line is gone! Of last years projected starters on D only 2 return. Had a big good jv team but i really cant see them competing with district favorites Eastern view or Courtland but possibly knock off a rebuilding JM team that really didn't show well in the Maury stadium passing tournament a few weeks ago! A lot of people don"t put much faith in a 7 on 7 but in most years the Jackets are at the top in those tourneys! The foxes are always large in sizes and numbers and new head coach Vern Lunsford with the help of wing T guru Tim Coleman they will rebuild quickly but competing with EV and JM will be tough!
Biggest problem I seen with king George as well as courtland was them being gased and looked tired by halftime. They have trouble with speed teams

And dang, Coleman's helping everybody out these days! Haha. That's true love for the game and kids. He was at Charlottesville's 7 on 7 a few weeks ago.
Timmy teaches speed classes on a lot of schools a program with running straps.
Lunsford was one of his under studies at fredericksburg christian and spotsy! Really not on his coaching staff but getting him started. He is going to still do the TV game of the week with Jimmy Jones and me so he will be buisy.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Biggest problem I seen with king George as well as courtland was them being gased and looked tired by halftime. They have trouble with speed teams
This is very true! the cougars and foxes have had trouble with speed teams in the past! As for being gassed its not because JC Hall dont have in shape! Go to one of his practices and you will see why?

@skynard1 well you vanished in the playoffs last year. I was waiting for your recap or thoughts on the Louisa/Dinwiddie game (heard you were there) and Louisa's run in general but it never came. You were one of the guys who was on the wagon the whole time.
That louisa team was one of the best of all times! They could have won the championship and lost it on a lucky tipped interception and and important 4th down that they came up inches short. They make that first down they probably win. But you have to give salem credit as they made the plays when they needed and deserved to win! Neither teams defense could stop the other especially that horse back that was a mistrey about his future! As leaving the stadium after the game we asked salem fans where he was going to college and everyone was puzzled about his future! To sum it up i actually asked their principal about going to college he said and i quote" He is going no where and that's all i need to say about him un quote" So i don't know what his situation was but the principal didn't want to talk about it and walked off!

That louisa team was one of the best of all times! They could have won the championship and lost it on a lucky tipped interception and and important 4th down that they came up inches short. They make that first down they probably win. But you have to give salem credit as they made the plays when they needed and deserved to win! Neither teams defense could stop the other especially that horse back that was a mistrey about his future! As leaving the stadium after the game we asked salem fans where he was going to college and everyone was puzzled about his future! To sum it up i actually asked their principal about going to college he said and i quote" He is going no where and that's all i need to say about him un quote" So i don't know what his situation was but the principal didn't want to talk about it and walked off!
Do you think the principal maybe hard feelings and that he shouldn’t have even been playing in the game? Because of past disciplinary problems?

Do you think the principal maybe hard feelings and that he shouldn’t have even been playing in the game? Because of past disciplinary problems?
i have no idea but with the answer the fans gave us and the principals reply something was not right! He was a heck of a back and i wish him well but looked like to me something was rotten in Denmark! I understand he had to miss some games in the middle of the season for displinary reasons but who knows! Any how it was a shame a player like that could not have a career in college!

i have no idea but with the answer the fans gave us and the principals reply something was not right! He was a heck of a back and i wish him well but looked like to me something was rotten in Denmark! I understand he had to miss some games in the middle of the season for displinary reasons but who knows! Any how it was a shame a player like that could not have a career in college!
He was definitely one of the most dynamic players I have seen in several years.

Last edited:
When people ask me who's the best player I've seen in HS football, (been watching since 87) my answer has always been Danny Davis of Rustburg. (RB/LB) I would honestly say Deangelo (RB/DE) is definitely right on par with Davis. Idk what happened to Davis, but I'm pretty sure he never played college ball either, such a shame. Delo still has time to right the ship if he's willing to put in the work. I would love to see him change the narrative.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamspear
They lost two starting linemen, but return 3 300+ lb rising Juniors. 4 returning starters on offense and 3 on defense. With that said, I think they will be better and compete against the tougher opponents better than they did last year. A lot will depend on how much Brooke Point, Tuscarora, Louisa, Stafford fall off. Tuscarora probably won't fall off too much, but I think the other three definitely will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT