ADVERTISEMENT

News King's Fork Hires Scottie Littles

matthew328826

Publisher of VirginiaPreps.com (Rivals Network)
Staff
Jul 20, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
matthewhatfield.com
King's Fork High School in Suffolk, VA officially announced on Friday afternoon that Scottie Littles will the new Head Football Coach of the Bulldogs.

Littles, 26, becomes just the third different person to lead the program, which opened in 2004 when he was still playing football.

"What drew me to King's Fork was the amount of talent walking the hallways in that building," Littles told VirginiaPreps.com. "We're going to have a structured program here. Our mission is to build young men and have every single person that comes through our program college or career ready upon leaving King's Fork High School."

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Littles played in three State Championship games at Landstown High School in Virginia Beach for Chris Beatty, who's currently an assistant coach at the University of Maryland. Littles won a state title with the Eagles and from there went on to play his College Football at Bridgewater for Mike Clark.

In 2011, Littles spent a year as an assistant coach at Ocean Lakes under Chris Scott. Other assistant coach stints came in Florida at Booker, Riverview and Chamberlain.

"I always knew I wanted to get back closer to home. When I came up for the interview, I was highly impressed with Dr. Leigh, Coach Jessee and their vision for the program as well as their commitment to excellence."

At King's Fork, Littles replaces Joe Jones, who left to become the new Head Football Coach at Ocean Lakes. Jones went 44-45 in eight seasons with the Bulldogs, highlighted by a 10-3 mark in 2014.

The Bulldogs are coming off a 6-6 finish in 2015 that culminated in their fourth straight playoff appearance.

"We plan on playing a brand of football that's disciplined and exciting. I told the kids we're going to do things that you've never seen before and go places that you've never seen before," Littles said.

"The expectation is to come in and build a winning culture. We're going to do things in a Championship way and compete with the best of them. We're not in this to be 5-5 or 6-6. We're in this to play for a state title year in and year out, which is going to require a lot of work, but at the end of the day anything worth having isn't easy."

King's Fork will be hosting its annual Peanut City Shootout 7 on 7 event on June 18th. They will kick-off the 2016 campaign at home against Smithfield, who they edged in an exciting 42-36 playoff game in the opening round of 4A-East Region play.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Nice reporting Matt. Littles has a pretty good football history. I think he is walking into a program that is built on a solid foundation. He certainly doesn't have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

He should benefit from good community support also With their winning tradition, I'm sure the community will rally around him.

I don't expect too much this coming season, but after that they should really be a factor each post season.

Nice reporting Matt. Littles has a pretty good football history. I think he is walking into a program that is built on a solid foundation. He certainly doesn't have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

He should benefit from good community support also With their winning tradition, I'm sure the community will rally around him.

I don't expect too much this coming season, but after that they should really be a factor each post season.
Actually, I don't see any reason to think they will not be back in the mix. I see them as a factor. I see them no different than Dinwiddie.

I see you keep pushing community support. That's nice from a fund raising standpoint but No fan ever won a game. The players barely know anyone is in the stands. Cheerleaders do not exist. The Band is back ground noise in the halftime locker room. You really need to get past what you think and what is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT