ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette 42 Deep Creek 13

Congratulations! Good win!
I was actually shocked due to all the DC hype. On our first possession we fumble the snap on the DC 12 yard line. Then we stop them back at their own 2 yard and fumble the ensuing punt. Later on our own 40 we go on 4th down and fail, and DC goes in for the games 1st TD. Things were not going our way. But DC could not stop the wing T and our D line dominated. Their passing did cause problems for our DB’s/ excellent passer for DC and fast receivers everywhere. With Smithfield tied at the half I was thinking upset at KF. Rats!!!

Reactions: 1Gensfan and gwb16
I had to stay close to the house again tonight...I really wanted to go. I'll have to make some calls tomorrow to find out their take. I'm guessing the KF speed was too much.
Good luck next week. Things are getting VERY interesting in all 4 Regions.

Good win for y'all tonight. I'm assuming y'all were able to contain their running game pretty well.

KF pulled away in the second half. First half was the worst half of ball for Fork to this point in the year. Kept Smithfield off the scoreboard in the second half. Offensively did a better job not making the dumb mistakes that happened in the first half.

Going to be interesting next week. If Lafayette plays man with no safety help it'll be a long night for those DBs. Interesting to hear about Lafayette's dline. Means next week could be determined by which DLine makes the key plays. I'm biased but I'd say Fork will likely be more disruptive.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
DC was off balanced by Lafayette’s wing T, well timed passing and the Qb keepers they did not expect as we did not do that much during the season. 338 rushing yards and another 95 passing on 4 completions. DC passed about 80% of the time. They had one good run due to us playing the pass, their run game was a non factor. Nice passing by DC. In the second half the safety played deep to the side their best receiver went to basically double team/ high and low. A couple of drops with that coverage and DC was scoreless in the second half. Based on comments here I thought our run game was going to be very tough. Our Daily Press had Lafayette 14-7 based on defense, but the run game steamrolled them. If not for the snap fumble on the first series on DC 12 yard line it may have gotten to a running clock. Different team and place next week at your KF. We’ll see what happens. I’m lousy at predictions. Will game be Friday nite or Saturdsy afternoon. Driving down on Black Friday nite is a nightmare.

Reactions: gwb16
Congrats Lafayette. A bit stunned it wasn’t suppose to be that easy

DC was off balanced by Lafayette’s wing T, well timed passing and the Qb keepers they did not expect as we did not do that much during the season. 338 rushing yards and another 95 passing on 4 completions. DC passed about 80% of the time. They had one good run due to us playing the pass, their run game was a non factor. Nice passing by DC. In the second half the safety played deep to the side their best receiver went to basically double team/ high and low. A couple of drops with that coverage and DC was scoreless in the second half. Based on comments here I thought our run game was going to be very tough. Our Daily Press had Lafayette 14-7 based on defense, but the run game steamrolled them. If not for the snap fumble on the first series on DC 12 yard line it may have gotten to a running clock. Different team and place next week at your KF. We’ll see what happens. I’m lousy at predictions. Will game be Friday nite or Saturdsy afternoon. Driving down on Black Friday nite is a nightmare.

It'll be Friday at 7

Yeah pretty surprised to hear that didn't try to run the ball. That's what got them here. Not sure why you go away from that.

No matter now. Excited to see what happens next week.

Yeah pretty surprised to hear that didn't try to run the ball. That's what got them here. Not sure why you go away from that.

No matter now. Excited to see what happens next week.
They tried in the 1st Q to run and got nothing but had some good success with the pass and followed that formula. If I was their coach I would have done the same. With Black Friday can’t see why game couldn’t be Saturday at 1pm. Too bad. Is Kf field at HS with decent parking there ? I can GPS that. Right now with 64 a disaster I will be taking the ferry over the James, 31 to 460 in Wakefield and coming to KF from that direction. Agree ? Thanks! Ps how is the grass field right now. Glad our practice field is grass!

One last thing about DC- they brought a fantastic crowd, bigger than most of our Bay Rivers visitors.

Last edited:
Very impressed with what I saw from the Rams tonight. Hard nosed run game and very solid up front on both sides of the ball. Should be a good one in Suffolk.

They tried in the 1st Q to run and got nothing but had some good success with the pass and followed that formula. If I was their coach I would have done the same. With Black Friday can’t see why game couldn’t be Saturday at 1pm. Too bad. Is Kf field at HS with decent parking there ? I can GPS that. Right now with 64 a disaster I will be taking the ferry over the James, 31 to 460 in Wakefield and coming to KF from that direction. Agree ? Thanks! Ps how is the grass field right now. Glad our practice field is grass!

One last thing about DC- they brought a fantastic crowd, bigger than most of our Bay Rivers visitors.

Field is at the high school, yes. Plenty of parking.

Couldn't tell you to much about the route to take. Anytime I go up your way I just go 64.

Field is at the high school, yes. Plenty of parking.

Couldn't tell you to much about the route to take. Anytime I go up your way I just go 64.
Ferry to Route 10. Avoid 64 coming this way on Friday evening... Ferry would be my 1 and only choice. But Lafayette knows that... LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT