ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette at Kings Fork

Who wins

• Kings Fork

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Lafayette

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Was able to see some of the Lafayette/DC film.

Lafayette will need to be able to make adjustments defensively. If they think they will be able to go Cover 0 and defend the KF receivers 1-1 then they will be in for a long night.

@Lafayette I see why DC decided to throw the ball so much. They just couldn't hit. KF will not have those issues. If they don't adjust then they will get down quick. Our QB is a much better passer and makes decisions faster as well. Our quick game will torch those DBs. It's not just one receiver you have to stop either, there are four that have made huge plays all year.

That Lafayette offense does not look like it will be fun to try and stop though. Our boys will have to be disciplined. I think KF may just rely on the two hogs at defensive tackle to stop the dives. We're athletic on the edges. It's just ran so well.

I expect a KF victory Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: gwb16
my gut tells me KF by 3 scores but I think Lafayette will make a game out of it. Also KF is due for an off game. I'll say 31-24 KF gets the victory.

I will be the first to say I was not thrilled with a lot of the play of our DB’s on coverage. Your right, DC passed because the receivers were getting open they were just missing getting the ball on target. Several times DC got behind the DBs like the TD called back on a hold. If the DB’s play coverage like against DC it will be trouble. I’m assuming the veteran coaches saw it also and will adjust, but to what? The DB’s were new starters this year but after 12 games I was expecting a little better performance especially since everyone threw against us. Do we blitz more which we do very well and take our coverage chances? I would say yes but who knows. I expect our offense to perform well but it will be dB coverage and Qb pressure that decides.

My one question how did DC cover KF as they limited you to 14 in regulation? Against us I was no more impressed with the DC DB’s than many other teams as we threw for a about 100 yards, pretty high for us.

Last edited:
I will be the first to say I was not thrilled with a lot of the play of our DB’s on coverage. Your right, DC passed because the receivers were getting open they were just missing getting the ball on target. Several times DC got behind the DBs like the TD called back on a hold. If the DB’s play coverage like against DC it will be trouble. I’m assuming the veteran coaches saw it also and will adjust, but to what? The DB’s were new starters this year but after 12 games I was expecting a little better performance especially since everyone threw against us. Do we blitz more which we do very well and take our coverage chances? I would say yes but who knows. I expect our offense to perform well but it will be dB coverage and Qb pressure that decides.

Well at least your offense was rolling!

We had 2 dropped TDs against DC in the first half. Also dropped a couple passes in the second half that stalled drives. If we catch those it doesn't go into overtime.

Also their field was bad. Like a very thick mud. Our biggest strength is our speed. That field slowed us down a bit.

I'd say, at least I hope, that our down game was against Smithfield. The first half was atrocious. High snaps, bad reads, missed tackles, missed assignments. It was bad. They responded really well in the second half though.

Reactions: gwb16
We had 2 dropped TDs against DC in the first half. Also dropped a couple passes in the second half that stalled drives. If we catch those it doesn't go into overtime.

Also their field was bad. Like a very thick mud. Our biggest strength is our speed. That field slowed us down a bit.

I'd say, at least I hope, that our down game was against Smithfield. The first half was atrocious. High snaps, bad reads, missed tackles, missed assignments. It was bad. They responded really well in the second half though.

Well you already know doing that against Lafayette would be a big mistake given their experience in big games and their ability to play ball control football. If KF got down early bc of a bunch of mistakes that would allow Lafayette to go into ball control mode and make it a whole different type of ball game.

As bad as it was we did go into halftime tied.

You're right though, if mistakes are made and Lafayette is able to turn those into points it will be difficult to come back because of the way their offense can control the ball.

Reactions: gwb16 and mbonape1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT