beat Warhill 48-17
beat Deep Creek 42-13
beat Kings Fork 17-7
32-16 playoff record
won 2001 state title over Pulaski County 41-28
l

Against Deep Creek Cesar Ward rushed for four touchdowns
Against Kings Fork DeaMario Tyler rushed for 120 yards
Lafayette uses wing -t rushing attack with multiple backs and great defense.

Louisa County Lions Approximately 30 miles east of Charlottesville 13-0
points scored 583 44.8
points against 204 15.7
opponents record 74-68

Playoffs
beat Courtland 35-13
beat Monacan 35-28
beat Dinwiddie 37-28
lost in 2006 state title to Amherst County 34-27
playoff record 7-12

Louisa came from behind to defeat the chiefs of Monacan after trailing 21-7.Malik Bell rushed for 208 .
Louisa rushed for 336 aginst Dinwiddie again led by Malik Bell.
Louisa also uses wing -t.

Last edited:
Lafayette Rams 12-1 Williamsburg
points scored 480 avg 36.9
points against 90 avg 6.9
opponents record 80-63 overall

Playoffs
beat Warhill 48-17
beat Deep Creek 42-13
beat Kings Fork 17-7
32-16 playoff record
lost in 1973 state title to Patrick Henry Roanoke 23-0
lost in 1997 state title to Spottsylvania 27-7
lost in 1998 state title to Salem 28-18
lost in 2002 state title to Heritage of Lynchburg 34-7
lost in 2003 state title to Powhatan 9-0
lost in 2014 state title to Magna Vista 25-19

Against Deep Creek Cesar Ward rushed for four touchdowns
Against Kings Fork DeaMario Tyler rushed for 120 yards
Lafayette uses wing -t rushing attack with multiple backs and great defense.

Louisa County Lions Approximately 30 miles east of Charlottesville 13-0
points scored 583 44.8
points against 204 15.7
opponents record 74-68

Playoffs
beat Courtland 35-13
beat Monacan 35-28
beat Dinwiddie 37-28
lost in 2006 state title to Amherst County 34-27
playoff record 7-12

Louisa came from behind to defeat the chiefs of Monacan after trailing 21-7.Malik Bell rushed for 208 .
Louisa rushed for 336 aginst Dinwiddie again led by Malik Bell.
Louisa also uses wing -t.
You forgot Lafayette beat Pulaski in 2001 for the state title.

This game could be a defensive battle or a shootout. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I'm leaning towards more of a defensive battle. This game will give a glimpse into the 804 area vs. the 757, strength of schedule, etc.

This game could be a defensive battle or a shootout. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I'm leaning towards more of a defensive battle. This game will give a glimpse into the 804 area vs. the 757, strength of schedule, etc.
Yes, I lean towards more defense than offense in this game. Your last sentence is what intrigues me- did our opponents in DC and KF match up to your Monacan and Dinwiddie?

The Rodney Dangerfield Bowl. Each the underdog until now. Louisa is now the favorite by 75%. But the experts on here don’t play! Ram Tough!

@Lafayette are you calling a Lafayette victory? Do you think you are going to win on Sat?

@Lafayette are you calling a Lafayette victory? Do you think you are going to win on Sat?
I’ve not seen Louisa play and it’s been awhile since I’ve seen the single wing. But I’m comfortable that the Lafayette defense has adjusted to all offenses so far and the offense has developed nicely in the second half of the season. The win at KF on their grass field showed me that they play well away from home. It will be close but I do not expect a loss.

I’ve not seen Louisa play and it’s been awhile since I’ve seen the single wing. But I’m comfortable that the Lafayette defense has adjusted to all offenses so far and the offense has developed nicely in the second half of the season. The win at KF on their grass field showed me that they play well away from home. It will be close but I do not expect a loss.
:eek: Wow.... I like the confidence !

Reactions: Lions1983

@Lafayette ha ha awesome... Here is a toast to you! Way to support your team. Always expect to win i like it!

We can't forget Lafayette's posts after the opening loss to Norcom about how his team looked. He kept it real. So for the team to turn it around and for him to be confident now, it makes me a bit more nervous than I already was.

Yes, I lean towards more defense than offense in this game. Your last sentence is what intrigues me- did our opponents in DC and KF match up to your Monacan and Dinwiddie?
Kings Fork was the real deal but couldn't get on track. Yes that's the same Kings Fork that beat Oscar Smith???????????

@marine5 I can't give you 40 times or anything, but all are very fast for their size. Bell is 6' 2" 225 lbs with nearly breakaway speed since he dropped down from 260 lbs last year. These videos will give you an idea. Bell is #7, Jones is #5, Whalen is #24.

1:58 mark shows Bell's 79 yard run against Monacan.

This one shows long runs by all 3 guys against Powhatan.

Newsplex.com under their Friday Night Endzone page has a close up angle of Bell's long run against Dinwiddie.

@marine5 I can't give you 40 times or anything, but all are very fast for their size. Bell is 6' 2" 225 lbs with nearly breakaway speed since he dropped down from 260 lbs last year. These videos will give you an idea. Bell is #7, Jones is #5, Whalen is #24.

1:58 mark shows Bell's 79 yard run against Monacan.

This one shows long runs by all 3 guys against Powhatan.

Newsplex.com under their Friday Night Endzone page has a close up angle of Bell's long run against Dinwiddie.
Thanks a lot. That's shows me what I was looking for. Your guys look pretty tough and #7 looks like a load. The others look quick. I think it will be a real good game. Thanks again.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT