ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette heads into their last OOD game this Friday

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
The game against BT Washington in Norfolk on 9/6 will end a long history of finding OOD games.
Bruton whose play has once again gotten very competitive is now going to play all Bay River District teams. Lafayette hasn’t played Bruton in a few years. They beat up on a Jamestown team in a benefit game a few weeks ago.
Next year coming into the BRD will be Gloucester who leaves the Peninsula District. They already play York. That leaves the BRD with 11 teams and full 10 game schedule Al within the district.
No more scheduling issues!!

As for this year, a ton of experience snd talent returns for Lafayette. Much is expected. The rumor is Lafayette next year returns to class 4 from whence we used to be.

Reactions: mike salem
The game against BT Washington in Norfolk on 9/6 will end a long history of finding OOD games.
Bruton whose play has once again gotten very competitive is now going to play all Bay River District teams. Lafayette hasn’t played Bruton in a few years. They beat up on a Jamestown team in a benefit game a few weeks ago.
Next year coming into the BRD will be Gloucester who leaves the Peninsula District. They already play York. That leaves the BRD with 11 teams and full 10 game schedule Al within the district.

As for this year, a ton of experience snd talent returns for Lafayette. Much is expected. The rumor is Lafayette next year returns to class 4 from whence we used to be.
Dang that’s a huge district. How long will that sustain before a split possibly?

Class 4 would be an interesting move. Surprised they wouldn’t make Liberty move up.

Tonight’s game at BTW was terrible, we could have scored 100 on them, even with them holding our defense the entire game. The refs didn’t even use a running clock, it just made the game last longer. BTW forfeited with 7 minutes left in the 4th after starting a brawl on their sidelines with our 2nd/3rd string defense.

Tonight’s game at BTW was terrible, we could have scored 100 on them, even with them holding our defense the entire game. The refs didn’t even use a running clock, it just made the game last longer. BTW forfeited with 7 minutes left in the 4th after starting a brawl on their sidelines with our 2nd/3rd string defense.
I heard about that brawl, pretty bad. I was stunned by no running clock. I passed on going, Lafayette was favored by 49 points and BTW is in a lousy area. I went go Warhill. They looked absolutely terrible. Zero pass attempts, offense had maybe 50 total yards. Matoaca had 2 td called back. Only many penalties on them prevented a 56 or 63 point game.

Dang I didn’t hear about Gloucester leaving finally! Y’all want Denbigh too? Lol

Dang I didn’t hear about Gloucester leaving finally! Y’all want Denbigh too? Lol
Ha!! No, BRD will be full. You need Debigh to get a 100 points. From yesterday’s scores maybe Kecoughtan can switch with Jamestown. In football that is a lost cause program,

Ha!! No, BRD will be full. You need Debigh to get a 100 points. From yesterday’s scores maybe Kecoughtan can switch with Jamestown. In football that is a lost cause program,
We have been begging to get Denbigh and Gloucester off our schedules for years but the VHSL won’t let us. Denbigh is our last game and only reason any starter will play is if they’re close to a milestone for season.

Kecoughtan and Bethel both are suffering right now from lack of coaching, talent, and depth. Every kid in Hampton growing up wants to play for Phoebus or Hampton only.

Sidenote, I hope to see y’all in Lynchburg with us in December. A lot of blue and gold in the stands. Good luck the rest of the way! Poqouson is pretty tough this year but besides them y’all should have a great year in the BRD. Crazy y’all are our last playoff loss. That game seems so long ago now.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
We have been begging to get Denbigh and Gloucester off our schedules for years but the VHSL won’t let us. Denbigh is our last game and only reason any starter will play is if they’re close to a milestone for season.

Kecoughtan and Bethel both are suffering right now from lack of coaching, talent, and depth. Every kid in Hampton growing up wants to play for Phoebus or Hampton only.

Sidenote, I hope to see y’all in Lynchburg with us in December. A lot of blue and gold in the stands. Good luck the rest of the way! Poqouson is pretty tough this year but besides them y’all should have a great year in the BRD. Crazy y’all are our last playoff loss. That game seems so long ago now.
If we go to 4A next year as expected we may very well meet again if Phoebus stays in class 4.

Great move by Gloucester moving to the Bay Rivers district. Does anyone know of any other schools moving to a different district?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT