ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette not to play Bruton on 9/28- any openings out there- Woodgrove?

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
Official word is out - Bruton not playing 5 games due to low turnout. Lafayette was to play at Bruton 9/28. Noticed Woodgrove was to play at PV Sterling on 9/28. Any chance of scheduling? Lafayette HC Andy Linn would rather play a game than take the forfeit. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

Official word is out - Bruton not playing 5 games due to low turnout. Lafayette was to play at Bruton 9/28. Noticed Woodgrove was to play at PV Sterling on 9/28. Any chance of scheduling? Lafayette HC Andy Linn would rather play a game than take the forfeit. Any ideas out there? Thanks.
Woodgrove has zero issues with traveling anywhere. They went to Richmond tonight

Reactions: Tom Potter
Like OCBoy said, Woodgrove travelled to Richmond (3 hours) to Armstrong last Friday night and we are headed to Spotsylvania County (2 hours) to Massaponax this coming Friday night.
I think we are resigned to playing 9 games this year.We looked for a game earlier in August as far north as PA when the Park View decision came down.

Perhaps we will see you come playoff time Lafayette!

If you only play 9 games your power points will be divided by 9. If you receive a forfeit your power points will be divided by 10. In this case the forfeit will hurt your power points because their will be no rider points. I might be wrong but the decision for the forfeit has to be made before the playoffs.

If you only play 9 games your power points will be divided by 9. If you receive a forfeit your power points will be divided by 10. In this case the forfeit will hurt your power points because their will be no rider points. I might be wrong but the decision for the forfeit has to be made before the playoffs.
So the decision to forfeit and call it No game could be made as late as the last game of the season?

So the decision to forfeit and call it No game could be made as late as the last game of the season?
A couple seasons back Carroll County refused to go to Salem and play. If my memory serves me right. You can actually play the game at any time after it was scheduled as long as both schools agree. In this example they could have played on Monday and then on Friday up until the playoffs. In this situation Carroll County finally decided to forfeit weeks later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT