ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Braddock - Good Chance To Repeat In 2013

Oct 7, 2007
Lake Braddock returns 7 of thier 9 players that was in thier starting batting order in the state final game and they return Thomas Rogers. If they can find a solid #2 pitcher, then this team has a good chance of repeating. My prediction for thier #2 pitcher next year is current freshman Matt Supko. He pitched three innings vs Wakefield and four Innings vs West Springfield in the playoffs and only gave up 2 hits and struck out about 12. Strong fastball for a freshman. The LB JV team was good also, so they will add some solid depth to the varsity next year.

Spartan100, could not agree with you more. It seems every year they have a few top notch seniors in key positions and then surround them with young ballplayers who will take over in due time. I saw Supko pitch against WS in Regional final, he seemed to be the missing piece. Very impressive, and Rutherford puts in the time with the youngsters to keep the pipeline full. This is an instance where having the 7 & 8 graders with the hs kids certainly pays off.

I would have to say there are going to be a lot of the same teams in the State playoffs next year that were this year. CD Hylton has a lot of their players returning, Kellam have the Sinnen brothers coming back, and eventhough Nansemond River are losing eight of their nine starters to graduation, they have a chance to make State again.

I'm seeing Great Bridge potentially with guys like Cody and Jones returning.

I agree with that too, Western Branch, Nansemond River, and Great Bridge all have a shot, Southeastern district is always tough. I think there is a sleeper out there that might suprise us all next year, Lakeland.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT