ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor 19 Monacan 14

Aug 28, 2009
With 15 seconds left, Monacan was up 14-12. LT attempts a field goal at the 10 yard line. Monacan blocks it and runs off the field in celebration. The ball never crossed the line of scrimmage and LT picks up the ball and runs it in to win it. Absolutely an incredible finish. Myself or my friend will upload a video shortly of the final play.

This post was edited on 12/5 10:12 PM by FargoFootball8

LT had just scored a touchdown the play before but it was a penalty..LT got lucky here,but they blew many chances to put points up tonight and 4 turnovers I believe.
This post was edited on 12/5 10:19 PM by khs86

Monacan won this game in every aspect except the most important one; the scoreboard. Lake Taylor got this game gifted to them at the very end. I'm sure there will be some very sore hearts over at Monacan High School, especially if LT wins it all now.

It will be interesting to see the stats of this one.It seemed LT moved the ball pretty decently most of the game,but they turned it over or missed getting a few points on the board in the 1st half..Monacan was shut down in the 2nd half and LT had 2 long scoring drives at the end.Still heartbreaking for Monacan though.I didn't really care who won..Monacan played a great game.
This post was edited on 12/5 10:51 PM by khs86

Originally posted by khs86:

It will be interesting to see the stats of this one.It seemed LT moved the ball pretty decently most of the game,but they turned it over or missed getting a few points on the board in the 1st half..Monacan was shut out in the 2nd half and LT had 2 long scoring drives at the end.Still heartbreaking for Monacan though.I didn't really care who won..Monacan played a great game.
Monacan scored a TD in the 3rd quarter.

laugh.r191677.gif

I'm lol bc I know I would have ran off to celebrate also after the block if I was on the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT