ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor/Dinwiddie

Does Dinwiddie play Eastern View next week? My sources say Dinwiddie will host Eastern View but i thought it was gonna be Lake Taylor?

I have never seen more confusion on the round 3 games locations!

Ev at Lafayette - Saturday at 2P
LT at Dinwiddie on Friday at 7Pm

Div 4a east cross brackets - VHSL does not standardized across all levels. Why?

Does Dinwiddie play Eastern View next week? My sources say Dinwiddie will host Eastern View but i thought it was gonna be Lake Taylor?
Your sources are wrong. Last year it was the same way. Courtland hosted Lafayette and lake Taylor hosted Hanover

Div 4a east cross brackets - VHSL does not standardized across all levels. Why?

I'm going to try to put this to rest, but I'm sure it will come up again. When it comes to the playoffs all the VHSL does is take the state semifinal money and the state final money. They tell the regions to just send them two teams to play for the finals. They don't care what format they get there just send the teams.

The cross bracketing that you are so upset about was voted on by the principals in 4A East. I personally liked the 1-16 approach, but they decided the travel times and gate losses were too much which I can understand (See Jamestown vs. Dinwiddie 2013 as a reference point).

So, to cut down on losses and bad matchups they keep you "local" the first two rounds and hope that the two best teams emerge from the local or pod setup and then they try to get the two best teams left by crossbracketing in round 3. Again I get it fully. But, to keep bashing the VHSL they (maybe mistakenly) leave the playoff formats up to the individual regions. All they say is send the East Champ and the West Champ to W&M to play at 4pm.

I'm going to try to put this to rest, but I'm sure it will come up again. When it comes to the playoffs all the VHSL does is take the state semifinal money and the state final money. They tell the regions to just send them two teams to play for the finals. They don't care what format they get there just send the teams.

The cross bracketing that you are so upset about was voted on by the principals in 4A East. I personally liked the 1-16 approach, but they decided the travel times and gate losses were too much which I can understand (See Jamestown vs. Dinwiddie 2013 as a reference point).

So, to cut down on losses and bad matchups they keep you "local" the first two rounds and hope that the two best teams emerge from the local or pod setup and then they try to get the two best teams left by crossbracketing in round 3. Again I get it fully. But, to keep bashing the VHSL they (maybe mistakenly) leave the playoff formats up to the individual regions. All they say is send the East Champ and the West Champ to W&M to play at 4pm.
Well put Devils. It does grow old, hearing people gripe and complain about the way the "VHSL" does, or doesn't do something. With a very few exceptions, the member schools, which are represented officially by their principal, (or their proxy), make their decisions. And I agree, I don't like some of the decisions that ultimately are arrived at. But I respect that the VHSL members, not just a few in the offices in Charlottesville, are the guiding force.

Devils, I'm going to finally meet you personally Friday night, even if I have to streak naked down the field in the first quarter to stop the game. Well, maybe not that extreme, but watch for my text on your phone pregame, please?

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Making the trip south for this one! Looking forward to a great battle. Two great programs that have been on a collision course all year - looking forward to seeing two well coached teams that are solid across the board go at it. I know the coaches, players, and fans of both these schools really appreciate this opportunity - games like this are far and few between. With this - we all just need to cut out the arm chair quarterbacking, analysis, and predictions. Just buckle in and enjoy the ride - this is going to be awesome to watch regardless of the outcome!

Well put Devils. It does grow old, hearing people gripe and complain about the way the "VHSL" does, or doesn't do something. With a very few exceptions, the member schools, which are represented officially by their principal, (or their proxy), make their decisions. And I agree, I don't like some of the decisions that ultimately are arrived at. But I respect that the VHSL members, not just a few in the offices in Charlottesville, are the guiding force.

Devils, I'm going to finally meet you personally Friday night, even if I have to streak naked down the field in the first quarter to stop the game. Well, maybe not that extreme, but watch for my text on your phone pregame, please?
I will be in the press box so you can catch me on way up.

I must say I love what Dinwiddie did against Monacan offensively. They're running some more power stuff, getting Freeland the ball more via direct snaps and using Witt as a decoy at WR some. Now THAT's going to make their hurry up offense extremely tough to stop. Much less predictable. Color me impressed now and I look for them to cruise the rest of the way. If anyone wants to beat Dinwiddie at this point, they'll have to stop all that, and hope they can beat Dinwiddie's secondary.

Aw heck naw. Hoos, you are not jumping on this ship. Your next and greatest thing always turns to poop. Please ignore his comments. Lol...... Yep, told you Mills was being vanilla.

Reactions: Snookasuperstar
Aw heck naw. Hoos, you are not jumping on this ship. Your next and greatest thing always turns to poop. Please ignore his comments. Lol...... Yep, told you Mills was being vanilla.
VANILLA??? And beating teams like that???
dFTaHS2SXyf1C.gif

Reactions: wahoogen20
Too funny Devils. By now you and the Lake Taylor staff have watched plenty of video on Dinwiddie and know exactly what I am talking about. You don't have to do anything thing fancy to win games, you just have to do your "thing" well. With the coaching staff's knowing each other so well last week, Coach Mills had to give coach Henderson a different look. Offensively, he did that and it paid off. Hopefully, our defensive staff has come up with a wrinkle to stop/slow down the Titans veer. I believe Mills did some preparation last week, because he kept our db's in man to man coverage even though Monacan was virtually throwing it deep 2 out every 4 plays. We know the Titans can throw it, but in order to stop your run game we have to be able to defend the edge 1v1 with little or any help. Not getting any bulletin board material from me Devils. lol. Too much respect for what you guys have accomplished. I Have a half a day off on Wednesday, so we should have the field good and soppy for the Titans. Just hired a lifeguard and purchased personal floatation devices for 50.

Too funny Devils. By now you and the Lake Taylor staff have watched plenty of video on Dinwiddie and know exactly what I am talking about. You don't have to do anything thing fancy to win games, you just have to do your "thing" well. With the coaching staff's knowing each other so well last week, Coach Mills to give coach Henderson a different look. Offensively, he did that and it paid off. Hopefully, our defensive staff has come up with a wrinkle to stop/slow down the Titans veer. I believe Mills did some preparation last week, because he kept our db's in man to man coverage even though Monacan was virtually throwing it deep 2 out every 4 plays. We know the Titans can throw it, but in order to stop your run game we have to be able to defend the edge 1v1 with little or any help. Not getting any bulletin board material from me Devils. lol. Too much respect for what you guys have accomplished. I Have a half a day off on Wednesday, so we should have the field good and soppy for the Titans. Just hired a lifeguard and purchased personal floatation devices for 50.
Nothing but respect for the Dinwiddie program. They are hands down the favorites in 4a and we will have to come in and play well point blank. :D Gonna have the Governor declare a state of emergency and move the game out of there. Maybe Petersburg HS.

That would be terrible. Goal post leaning to the left just like at Norcom. How about Hopewell and their hay field? Unless we get more rain than expected on Thursday morning the field should be fast.

I am ready to see this game now. I am working on a preview and need some things from you Devils. Please check your inbox. Want this write up to fairly address both teams.

Yes sometimes we complain when we feel unfairly treated like size of goal posts , driving further than other teams , referees etc.

Yes sometimes we complain when we feel unfairly treated like size of goal posts , driving further than other teams , referees etc.
Why did you have to go there freeatlast? The Dinwiddie and Lake Taylor programs have a mutual respect for one another. This thread is full of side jokes and ribbing.

This has nothing to with your boys in the West, so please dont bring negativity to this post. Let us have our fun. The teams will take care of the serious part on Friday.

No egos involved. Freeatlast, I generally enjoy your post and you have the right to say what you want, but I know exactly what you were referring to and I am sure Devils does as well. It just wasnt necessary.

These two teams are evenly matched and this is going to be a heck of a game. I can promise you we don't need any provocation to start talking junk, but the fans of these two teams opt to let our boys do it for us.

No egos involved. Freeatlast, I generally enjoy your post and you have the right to say what you want, but I know exactly what you were referring to and I am sure Devils does as well. It just wasnt necessary.

These two teams are evenly matched and this is going to be a heck of a game. I can promise you we don't need any provocation to start talking junk, but the fans of these two teams opt to let our boys do it for us.
Somehow EVERY conversation makes a Salem fan feel some type of way. Worry about William Byrd. Sheesh

All Salem fans on this board - we know you you consistently have a good football team and we all respect that. We also realize that those of you that post your homer comments on here have nothing to do with Salem consistently having a good football team. The Salem coaches, players, and a majority of fans have never been anything but humble - those of you on this board should be too! Good luck - I'm actually rooting for Woodgrove in the west and Dinwiddie in the east ( nothing against Salem or Lake Taylor - I love both your programs!) 4 days until kickoff Friday night!

All Salem fans on this board - we know you you consistently have a good football team and we all respect that. We also realize that those of you that post your homer comments on here have nothing to do with Salem consistently having a good football team. The Salem coaches, players, and a majority of fans have never been anything but humble - those of you on this board should be too! Good luck - I'm actually rooting for Woodgrove in the west and Dinwiddie in the east ( nothing against Salem or Lake Taylor - I love both your programs!) 4 days until kickoff Friday night!
Amen I am rooting for the same teams

Reactions: DinwiddieProud

Giving the regions the power to determine the setup is enough reason to bash the VHSL. Before the state game, all they do is collect the money and update their website.

Having witnessed Millbrook beatings from Salem and Woodgrove, I was much more impressed with Salem (no disrespect to Woodgrove). I'd like to see a Salem/Dinwiddie matchup.

Giving the regions the power to determine the setup is enough reason to bash the VHSL. Before the state game, all they do is collect the money and update their website.

Having witnessed Millbrook beatings from Salem and Woodgrove, I was much more impressed with Salem (no disrespect to Woodgrove). I'd like to see a Salem/Dinwiddie matchup.
Since you have seen both teams, your analysis and comparison would be very interesting. Salem has played Woodgrove twice in recent years in the playoffs. Salem won handily both times (Woodgrove did give the Spartans a scare in the first half of one game), but both games were played in Salem. If Salem can get by Byrd the game would be at Woodgrove

Reactions: Salem1306
Since you have seen both teams, your analysis and comparison would be very interesting. Salem has played Woodgrove twice in recent years in the playoffs. Salem won handily both times (Woodgrove did give the Spartans a scare in the first half of one game), but both games were played in Salem. If Salem can get by Byrd the game would be at Woodgrove

southbottom,
How does Dominion stack up against Woodgrove? Any idea? If Salem can cut down on the number of turnovers like we had in the second week against Byrd, we should be OK.

Dominion list to Woodgrove earlier in the season by ten. They gave Woodgrove their toughest test. All I have seen is some video clips, but Dominions QB gives them a chance but their defense will have to play better for them to win.

Reactions: Salem1306
This game has all the making to be a classic. I think LT has a much tougher Defense than Din ran into last week. LT is also like Dinwiddie, well balanced.

Keys for Lake Taylor are to establish a run and open up the Dinwiddie Defense with the vertical passing game. LT needs to be balanced on offense and use their grit and hard nosed style and avoid a track meet scenario. Dinwiddie also has a good passing game so LT Corners and Backers will be tested as well. Important that Lake Taylor gets off to a good start and makes a statement in the first quarter. Don't want to get down early on the road with those cannons blasting.

Dinwiddie needs to be conscious of the LT vertical passing game. The generals will find the run tougher this week as LT has more size than Mon did. Dinwiddie needs to continue to have its athletes make great plays as they have done all season. Can't afford a slip up this week. QB play from Witt will be key this week as he will probably have to make more plays than usual which he is more than capable of. Interesting to see how he will handle the pressure from the LT pass rush.

I have not seen LT play outside of watching film. I'll be excited to see them.

Honestly I think this game comes down to defense. I totally believe that both of these schools can score 30-40 points on each other. Who can get stops? IF the LT defense can get stops then this game gets very interesting. If it is a shoot out it is still interesting! Its just hard for me to imagine a team outscoring Dinwiddie if its an all offensive game.

Defense and Tempo will tell the story here.

Good luck to both teams!

This game will be a fist fight between Lake Taylor and Dinwiddie. As I remember, LT lost the State Championship last year on a FG in OT, and return right many folks that were starters. This should be fun to watch

This game will be a fist fight between Lake Taylor and Dinwiddie. As I remember, LT lost the State Championship last year on a FG in OT, and return right many folks that were starters. This should be fun to watch
Go Dinwiddie

Please elaborate Phoebus fan. I look for a very close game with the winner scoring less than 24.

Please elaborate Phoebus fan. I look for a very close game with the winner scoring less than 24.

I look for a close game as well but I'd be stunned if the winner had less than 24... with all those weapons on both teams I'd say winner needs more like 30+. I don't think 24 is gonna cut it for either team.

Just curious are the teams practicing tomm? I would assume not. Tough to face your toughest challenge with 3 days to prepare.

I look for a close game as well but I'd be stunned if the winner had less than 24... with all those weapons on both teams I'd say winner needs more like 30+. I don't think 24 is gonna cut it for either team.

Just curious are the teams practicing tomm? I would assume not. Tough to face your toughest challenge with 3 days to prepare.
As tradition when we make it this far in the playoffs we will practice from 9-12 and have a team dinner together afterwards to celebrate the holiday. Coaches cook and its a nice afternoon together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT