ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor/Norcom

Make Lafayette happy? I’m ecstatic. Norcom whom we handled rather easily pummels LT. Very unexpected as so many on here had LT winning it all. Now if we can just keep our heads screwed on straight we can get to the number 1 seed in A. One game at a time, no overconfidence as upsets can happen to Lafayette too, though Linn and the coaching staff is the best in the area.. Sure would like to know more detail.

Must’ve have been all those D1 guys.

Apparently Norcom’s QB threw it all over Portsmouth today. He had 228 yds and 3 TDs at the half.
When I was at Lafayette’s game at Norcom the Norcom QB was pretty good but once we settled down as it was our first game the Lafayette defense did well.

Didn't someone say Norcom had a lot of injuries at beginning of season and they are getting them back? Maybe I am thinking of someone else? Were they out against Lafayette? Maybe they were that important?

Reactions: mbonape1
Didn't someone say Norcom had a lot of injuries at beginning of season and they are getting them back? Maybe I am thinking of someone else? Were they out against Lafayette? Maybe they were that important?
I didn’t hear of any out. The QB and receivers were all there.
Norcom had at some point 2 defensive starters out but I’m not sure if they were out for our game or not. I didn’t hear anything being talked about before our game way back I early September.

Norcom had at some point 2 defensive starters out but I’m not sure if they were out for our game or not. I didn’t hear anything being talked about before our game way back I early September.

I don't know, doesn't matter to me, everyone was just looking for an answer, just thought that could have been it. I thought it was them, but I have been wrong before (once lol)

I'll get the video verified numbers later in the week. Norcom had 252 total yards of offense in the 1st half based on what Ray Nimmo from the Pilot tweeted out.

Norcom was without DE Antwaun Powell-Ryland (UVA and Va. Tech have offered him recently) when they played Lafayette and Hopewell as well as Booker T. Washington. He's been back and they are 5-0 since. Powell-Ryland blocked a punt and LB Taurus Jones is healthier than he was early in the season.

3 matthew328826, Today at 4:45 PM

I'll get the video verified numbers later in the week. Norcom had 252 total yards of offense in the 1st half based on what Ray Nimmo from the Pilot tweeted out.

Norcom was without DE Antwaun Powell-Ryland (UVA and Va. Tech have offered him recently) when they played Lafayette and Hopewell as well as Booker T. Washington. He's been back and they are 5-0 since. Powell-Ryland blocked a punt and LB Taurus Jones is healthier than he was early in the season.

3 matthew328826, Today at 4:45 PM
Well the first three games the opponents all have winning records with Hopewell and Lafayette undefeated. Of the next games all until LT have losing records with two winless teams.

Well the first three games the opponents all have winning records with Hopewell and Lafayette undefeated. Of the next games all until LT have losing records with two winless teams.

Good point, but we can all certainly agree. That was a HUGE win for Norcom and please show me a “show of hands” of those of us that thought that would happen!

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Good point, but we can all certainly agree. That was a HUGE win for Norcom and please show me a “show of hands” of those of us that thought that would happen!
Absolutely a big win for Norcom, I thought about a 10% chance for an LT loss.

Huge win for Norcom. Potentially great playoff implications for Lafayette in terms of playing at home.

One game at a time though. Lafayette plays half of their regular season in the next 2 weeks due to all the Wx issues. 4 games in 12 days:
Monday @ New Kent
Friday @ Jamestown
Tuesday vs Warhill
Saturday vs Poquoson

Huge win for Norcom. Potentially great playoff implications for Lafayette in terms of playing at home.

One game at a time though. Lafayette plays half of their regular season in the next 2 weeks due to all the Wx issues. 4 games in 12 days:
Monday @ New Kent
Friday @ Jamestown
Tuesday vs Warhill
Saturday vs Poquoson
I agree that’s a lot of games in a short period. But we are not at a disadvantage as prior to our Tuesday game Warhill plays a tough York club while we play Jamestown and now Poquoson instead of having the extra time to prepare for Lafayette while we are on a short week of 4 days now plays also on Tuesday 10/23 an equally tough club in Smithfield. Everybody will be tired together.

Monday @ New Kent
Friday @ Jamestown
Tuesday vs Warhill
Saturday vs Poquoson
Hey what time is the Lafayette/Poquoson game that Saturday? I've seen online both 1 PM and 7 PM at Wanner. Chance I could make it if it's at night, but highly unlikely if it's mid-day since I don't get out of radio till after Noon.

Hey what time is the Lafayette/Poquoson game that Saturday? I've seen online both 1 PM and 7 PM at Wanner. Chance I could make it if it's at night, but highly unlikely if it's mid-day since I don't get out of radio till after Noon.
It’s definitely at 1PM. Band competitions at Wanner Stadium relegated this key game to this unusual time ( I kid you not!!).

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Wow, that was unexpected...don't want to count my chickens, but if Lafayette and LT take care of business going forward, they'll likely be playing one another in Williamsburg for the regional championship. I hope they both stay focused, as that would be a great game to watch...not too long ago, I recall a now former LT assistant basically saying that Lafayette was ducking them in the regular season. I have no idea if that's true or any circumstances involved, but it would be nice to settle things on the field...if this game were to happen, I'd hope each team plays their best...no excuses from either side regarding the outcome.

Wow, that was unexpected...don't want to count my chickens, but if Lafayette and LT take care of business going forward, they'll likely be playing one another in Williamsburg for the regional championship. I hope they both stay focused, as that would be a great game to watch...not too long ago, I recall a now former LT assistant basically saying that Lafayette was ducking them in the regular season. I have no idea if that's true or any circumstances involved, but it would be nice to settle things on the field...if this game were to happen, I'd hope each team plays their best...no excuses from either side regarding the outcome.
It wasn’t too long ago Devils99 now the AD at Churchland was deriding Lafayette and the Bay Rivers conference. That kinda ended last year after Lafayette toasted Deep Creek and Kings Fork in the playoffs.

It wasn’t too long ago Devils99 now the AD at Churchland was deriding Lafayette and the Bay Rivers conference. That kinda ended last year after Lafayette toasted Deep Creek and Kings Fork in the playoffs.

The Rams might get to show the Churchland AD how "bad" the BRD is come November!!!!

Really @RamzFan? Please tell me how "bad" the BRD is. Lafayette has dominated the Bay Rivers for years and no one has given them a decent game in the last 3 years for sure. Yes, @DEVILSLB99 gave @Lafayette grief for scheduling cream puffs and deservedly so. Doesn't make the Rams any less of a team, heck they make deep runs every year, but lets call it like it is. From 2012-2015 Lake Taylor would have beat the bricks off of Lafayette. They have a 2012 Class 5 Championship, 2014 Class 4 Championship, and in 2015 finished 2nd to Salem. I believe you can beat them this year, but that has NOTHING to do with the argument at that time. I would agree that although Churchland is improved they clearly would be over matched against Lafayette. Just a side note, although they have a tough road in Region A, Lafayette should play in the semifinal. Can they beat one of the bad boys from Region B. We shall see.

The Rams might get to show the Churchland AD how "bad" the BRD is come November!!!!
This is too funny!! Must’ve been a boring weekend to rehash comments from when I was coaching. I still stick by my comments from when I was coaching at LT. I’m in a different situation now at a different school, but we welcome all challengers BRD or not.

Reactions: CavsGrad
Really @RamzFan? Please tell me how "bad" the BRD is. Lafayette has dominated the Bay Rivers for years and no one has given them a decent game in the last 3 years for sure. Yes, @DEVILSLB99 gave @Lafayette grief for scheduling cream puffs and deservedly so. Doesn't make the Rams any less of a team, heck they make deep runs every year, but lets call it like it is. From 2012-2015 Lake Taylor would have beat the bricks off of Lafayette. They have a 2012 Class 5 Championship, 2014 Class 4 Championship, and in 2015 finished 2nd to Salem. I believe you can beat them this year, but that has NOTHING to do with the argument at that time. I would agree that although Churchland is improved they clearly would be over matched against Lafayette. Just a side note, although they have a tough road in Region A, Lafayette should play in the semifinal. Can they beat one of the bad boys from Region B. We shall see.
Guys want some respect so they gonna get it by any means. They using the Team A best team B and Team B beat team C so Team A gotta be bette than C as well. Doesn’t always work that way. It’s all about matchups.

Reactions: SFUWO
I reached out numerous times for a matchup with Lafayette that’s facts!! Still waiting on a response, but that email account is no longer active so they probably replied after I switched districts. What does ICN winning have to do with me or Lafayette? NOTHING!! Now I’m going back to get ready for my JV home game tonight.. smh

I reached out numerous times for a matchup with Lafayette that’s facts!! Still waiting on a response, but that email account is no longer active so they probably replied after I switched districts. What does ICN winning have to do with me or Lafayette? NOTHING!! Now I’m going back to get ready for my JV home game tonight.. smh
Nice to hear from you again Devilslb99. We have our weather delayed varsity game tonite.

Guys want some respect so they gonna get it by any means. They using the Team A best team B and Team B beat team C so Team A gotta be bette than C as well. Doesn’t always work that way. It’s all about matchups.
I try to tell people this all the time.

This is too funny!! Must’ve been a boring weekend to rehash comments from when I was coaching. I still stick by my comments from when I was coaching at LT. I’m in a different situation now at a different school, but we welcome all challengers BRD or not.
I don’t know if our 2 year agreement with Norcom continues or not but in addition to that game, the Bruton game will almost certainly need to be replaced as it very questionable their football participation next year. Send an email to HC Andy Linn for scheduling Churchland if you have the availability. You at least deserve an answer.

I try to tell people this all the time.
I would tend to agree a lot of the time but when team A beats team B by 4 TDs and then team B then beats team C by 3 TDs I suspect something may be up.

I would tend to agree a lot of the time but when team A beats team B by 4 TDs and then team B then beats team C by 3 TDs I suspect something may be up.
It's called 15-17 yr old kids and specific match ups along with styles of play. Only true way of knowing is by playing the game.

It's called 15-17 yr old kids and specific match ups along with styles of play. Only true way of knowing is by playing the game.
Absolutely. If you have the personnel to exploit a particular player/position, it can change everything.

What's up @DEVILSLB99. I am praying for a Lafayette vs. LT matchup. I remember vividly the debates you and @Lafayette had several years ago. I also agree one cannot compare games or matchups with other teams. Example: Salem has struggled with our running quarterback (Pope) for the last two seasons and we defeated them in both games. Louisa another physical team handled us rather easily and shut down our running game last year. Salem beat them handily in the final. Its all about styles and match ups.

RamzFan might have been a little over enthusiastic w/their post, but it seems like you're cherry picking in using LT's best teams to declare them beating the "brakes" off of Lafayette...to be fair, Lafayette was playing in Class 3 until the 2015 season, but I do admit that beating LT that year likely wouldn't have happened. Now, I think these two might have been competitive in 2016 and I would give the edge to Lafayette last year, but it seems like the previous years would be comparing apples and oranges...I think LT primarily played in Class 5 while Lafayette primarily played in Class 3. Years ago, Lafayette played in Class 4 and were the State Champs in '01 and runners-up in '98 and '02...could LT have hung w/the Rams then or vice versa? Who knows? The only way to find out is playing head to head where the outcome can't be disputed....

I brought up your previous comments regarding LT and Lafayette 'cause that game's likely going to happen...you good?

I brought up your previous comments regarding LT and Lafayette 'cause that game's likely going to happen...you good?
I'm great just trying to turn around the culture here. So far it's working across the board. Although football is near and dear to my heart I want to win in EVERYTHING. We field it I wanna be competitive. I've stressed that to my coaches and the ones that were not on board with my mission either resigned or were replaced. Don't have time for adults that cheat children. No more stipend stealing on my watch, but with that being said stipends are low so I'm fighting to get increases for coaches as well.

Wow! I wasn’t even really trying to stir the pot, but it’s all good. LOVE IT! I’m new to posting but long time reader of this board.
@Lancer - just because Rams have dominated the BRD doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad conf. Heck a middle of the pack BRD team (Warhill) spanked the 3rd place team in the PD (Heritage). For years, the Rams have heard they don’t play anyone - yet come postseason they go deep. Churchland, Heritage, Eastern View, Deep Creek, Kings Fork , Western Albemarle, Petersburg - all recently fell to the Rams and all were probably thought as “more talented” than Lafayette. Hopefully they can take that next step this season. Lafayette plays old school football - run the ball down your throat and play nasty defense. While not the “spread trend” right now - us old school fans love it.

What I find interesting and impressive is that no matter what you think of their conference it speaks volumes about the kids and coaches to win 55 district games in a row.

@Devils - good to see you back and continuing making an impact for our young people. I seriously mean that. However, you have talked much smack about the Rams over the years - keep your guys in the hunt and hopefully we get a chance to play in November. Maybe nobody answered your emails as an assistant coach at LT because you were an assistant coach at LT. Back when I was involved, schedule issues usually were handled AD to AD.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THIS WEEK!

@Devils - good to see you back and continuing making an impact for our young people. I seriously mean that. However, you have talked much smack about the Rams over the years - keep your guys in the hunt and hopefully we get a chance to play in November. Maybe nobody answered your emails as an assistant coach at LT because you were an assistant coach at LT. Back when I was involved, schedule issues usually were handled AD to AD.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THIS WEEK!

Appreciate the kind words.Yea I had the autonomy to do our scheduling when I was the assistant coach and did it for years. Maybe that was the reason I didn't get a response. Who knows good luck to everyone moving forward.

Appreciate the kind words.Yea I had the autonomy to do our scheduling when I was the assistant coach and did it for years. Maybe that was the reason I didn't get a response. Who knows good luck to everyone moving forward.
Maybe with our schedule for next year we can all meet here or in Portsmouth- May be 2 openings for Churchland in 2019.

Maybe with our schedule for next year we can all meet here or in Portsmouth- May be 2 openings for Churchland in 2019.
Churchland schedule is full for next cycle. Maybe call Lake Taylor they need games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT