ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor Ranked #1 in Tidewater by VA Pilot Week 3

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
Well, after beating Western Branch Friday Night, Bishop Sullivan now @ 0-2, and Oscar Smith idle after losing to Vero Beach, the VA Pilot sports writers just published their weekly ratings with LT #1

https://pilotonline.com/sports/high...cle_f91fe18a-3c09-5bdd-97d9-700bcea828b7.html

Not sure I agree because I think they're giving Western Branch to much credit. This the same group that put Cox in the top five despite looking horrible during preseason scrimmages and losing all their talent vs 2016.

We'll see as the season progresses. LT travels to Woodbridge to play Freedom (edited****) Saturday. They appear to be an average to pretty good team similar to Western Branch.

Last edited:
Well, after beating Western Branch Friday Night, Bishop Sullivan now @ 0-2, and Oscar Smith idle after losing to Vero Beach, the VA Pilot sports writers just published their weekly ratings with LT #1

https://pilotonline.com/sports/high...cle_f91fe18a-3c09-5bdd-97d9-700bcea828b7.html

Not sure I agree because I think they're giving Western Branch to much credit. This the same group that put Cox in the top five despite looking horrible during preseason scrimmages and losing all their talent vs 2016.

We'll see as the season progresses. LT travels to Woodbridge to play 5A Douglas Freeman Saturday. They appear to be an average to pretty good team similar to Western Branch.
They're playing Freedom. It's all good. Freeman, Freedom 2x.. It's easy to mix it up.

Oh, ok, thanks, well I know nothing about Freedom HS Football. They were 6-4 last year. Regardless, I wish the Titans success and safe travels. I don't envy their trip up I-64 then I-95 on a Friday night.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead

We'll see as the season progresses. LT travels to Woodbridge to play Freedom (edited****) Saturday. They appear to be an average to pretty good team similar to Western Branch.

I agree. LT might be ahead of Smith based on their record, but I believe an 0-2 Bishop Sullivan would be too much for LT and Smith. Bishop Sullivan’s losses came against schools ranked in the top 25 in the country, both of which would likely be heavily favored against any team in state.

I think LT loses to Freedom and I think KF crushes WB to be the number 1 seed in 757 next week

Was just part of another discussion about this.

Sullivan obviously has a ton of talent and played tough teams but 0-2 is 0-2. They have issues offensively. Feels like they are to conservative. Which is surprising considering the talent and the fact their defense is phenomenal.

I agree LT maybe got to much credit for beating WB. That WB team doesn't look very good. They are good though.

Actual Rankings below. Norcom went from in ranked to #7 & WB dropped out.

rank school record previous rank
1 Lake Taylor (2) 1-0 3
2 Oscar Smith (1) 0-1 2
3 Bishop Sullivan (3) 0-2 1
4 Salem 2-0 4
5 Indian River 1-0 6
6 Landstown 2-0 7
7 Norcom 2-0 --
8 King's Fork 1-0 9
9 Bayside 1-1 5
10 Ocean Lakes 2-0 10

Actual Rankings below. Norcom went from in ranked to #7 & WB dropped out.

rank school record previous rank
1 Lake Taylor (2) 1-0 3
2 Oscar Smith (1) 0-1 2
3 Bishop Sullivan (3) 0-2 1
4 Salem 2-0 4
5 Indian River 1-0 6
6 Landstown 2-0 7
7 Norcom 2-0 --
8 King's Fork 1-0 9
9 Bayside 1-1 5
10 Ocean Lakes 2-0 10

They need to include the whole 757 and have the BRD and Pennisula district in there.

I agree. It's strange because I believe that last year they did include those areas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT