ADVERTISEMENT

lake taylor

Snookasuperstar

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 19, 2012
Lake taylor controlling line of scrimmage. 14 10 lake taylor. Lt tales care of ball they will win

Agree with everything Snookasuperstar said except that Salem is better coached . They just don't have the players LT has. Game isn't over, but LT has the big advantage on the edge if you ask me.

I wish they would pass the ball but down field. The middle of the field is wide open! See what happens in tje second half!

Cant take out an effective running play and then say Salem cant run. Salem is running the ball well... Need to complete passes. Salem QB Couling missing some throws.

LT looks plenty well coached and disciplined to me. The blocking on their punt return for the TD was a beauty. I do think Salem should've attacked them with deep passes early, that's how you loosen up LT and beat them. Play calling hurting Salem.

To me that is great coaching let your athletes play. Lt has all 11 five yards off the ball and are saying here we come. Take away lt turnover in their own territory and the one long run first half was a dominant lake taylor team. It is only one half and lt won that half. The second half matters more we will see whag happens

Salem has yet to stop lake taylor consistenly
This post was edited on 12/13 5:50 PM by Snookasuperstar

Neither team has stopped the other.. Plenty of yards by both offenses. Only 1 punt by both teams. The punt return was a game changer.

Yep.. Salem had some momentum and then gave it right back. Cant turn the ball over against a team like LT.

Wasn't arguing the score... LT has made the big plays. The point was that Salem has moved the ball fairly well. Just not finishing drives.

Yep lt is tough on defense they give up yards to salem but they keep them in a lot of 3RD and longs . Salem not able to move it when they get near endzone

Look salem is a good team just lt is better thats all it is to it. Lt plays teams like salem all the time in the south

It is similar hamspear. Sherando may have been a bit more physical. Salem has run the ball well at times, but you have to pass on 2nd and third down to keep lt honest. Salem has nothing to hang their head about. They have fought hard.

Hoos I am not being a jerk just want an honest answer. Has your opinion changed about the South?

Re: Will The North Close The Gap This Year? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are correct...Salem has to control the clock offensively and try to wear down LT on defense. LT is going to play 9 in the box and dare you to beat them 1 on 1. I don't think Salem has played against a team that will fly as many people at the ball every play. If they can make LT come off their Fill the box and fly at the ball mentality and play them a little more honestly, then they can "win the game! If they get behind early it could be a long long day.

Defensively, they need to STOP the big play. As well as Monacan played defensively last week, the one thing they had trouble with, especially in the 2nd half was stopping that big play. Monacan caused 4 turnovers in the first half, yet only led 7-0 at half. No turnovers in the 2nd half and while it took the "miracle" play to win, LT. proved that you better bring your best game for an entire 48 minutes!

I have no vested interest in either team. I see LT and their big plays early in the game giving them a 35-14 win12/13 2:54 PM | IP: Logged

The region as a whole, no. Salem's play calling hurt them early, I thought they would've passed deep early. No Fox rushing also hurt them, along with fundamental assignment breakdowns on defense. Plus not every south team is loaded with multiple future college players like LT. And through all that, LT has only had 3 plays offensively that is the difference in this game. Salem would beat the other south playoff teams IMO. Nevertheless, I'm sitting and cheering with the LT fans.
This post was edited on 12/13 6:42 PM by HoosFan05

How can you not justify the south! Number jd team loses to 5-5 south team! South teams are better as a whole. I am not saying all of them are but top four are for sure. Plus only one good north team

Thanks Hoos. A fair analysis and well written. I haven't seen a majority of the North teams, but Salem, Liberty, GW, JF and Sherando were all good teams. Courtland and your Lions are now part of the East and will have the opportunity to show their talents next season. I think these two additions will make for a fun playoff season in 2015.

Enjoy the off season and stay safe. Had to unexespectadly was called into work this morning at 3:00 am. Sorry I missed meeting you. At least you met DP.

Would still like to have your email address. Text me if you want. 434-594-9397. Due to work can't publicly provide mine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT