ADVERTISEMENT

News Lake Taylor's Darnell Ewell Selects Notre Dame

matthew328826

Publisher of VirginiaPreps.com (Rivals Network)
Staff
Jul 20, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
matthewhatfield.com
57891b726e15c-Ewell_ND_TW.JPG

Lake Taylor lineman Darnell Ewell - an All-State selection on both sides of the ball and rated the #125 overall prospect in the nation by Rivals.com - has committed to play his College Football at Notre Dame.

Read more in our story below, plus stay tuned for Video Interviews with both Ewell and Titans Head Coach Hank Sawyer.

ALSO - we'll have both Darnell and Coach Sawyer in studio on our High School Sports Talk Presented by VirginiaPreps.com program on ESPN Radio 94.1 on Saturday, July 16th during the 11 AM hour. Any fans who want to call in can do so at 757-687-9494.

Story on Ewell to Notre Dame Here

Video Interview with Darnell Ewell Here *
Video Interview with Hank Sawyer Here *

Congrats to him. Great player. Also had to have the grades for ND. There are curves for desirable players but ND doesn't take kids that won't get through school. Very well done.

57891b726e15c-Ewell_ND_TW.JPG

Lake Taylor lineman Darnell Ewell - an All-State selection on both sides of the ball and rated the #125 overall prospect in the nation by Rivals.com - has committed to play his College Football at Notre Dame.

Read more in our story below, plus stay tuned for Video Interviews with both Ewell and Titans Head Coach Hank Sawyer.

ALSO - we'll have both Darnell and Coach Sawyer in studio on our High School Sports Talk Presented by VirginiaPreps.com program on ESPN Radio 94.1 on Saturday, July 16th during the 11 AM hour. Any fans who want to call in can do so at 757-687-9494.

Story on Ewell to Notre Dame Here
Good person, good student, next level player. Looking forward to seeing him play on NBC for the Irish!

Congrats to Darnell Ewell and the LT coaching staff. May you have continued success on and off the field.

Did any of you know that as far as student body size/enrollment, Notre Dame is really a pretty small school compared to other Div. I schools? 8,448 enrollment.

I was shocked. I had always assumed the major Division I programs were huge schools.

Did any of you know that as far as student body size/enrollment, Notre Dame is really a pretty small school compared to other Div. I schools? 8,448 enrollment.

I was shocked. I had always assumed the major Division I programs were huge schools.

I knew it was not one of the mega schools, but didn't know it was that small. Wake Forest is another school that is smaller than you might assume. About 4,800.

Very exclusive school. Always been small, as many older Universities are. As a regular student, essentially impossible to get into. You really have to prove you're exceptional and then prove you're a step above that. If you're not in the top 1% of students in the country, don't even apply there. National Merit Scholar is practically a requirement. It's been that way even before I was in HS.

This is why Ewell deserves an extra pat on the back. They want the best players and there is some Academic leverage because of this, but ND doesn't scim. You have to have way more than just football to get in there. He does. Well done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT