ADVERTISEMENT

LCA at Martinsburg,WV

Best of luck. I think Martinsburg would destroy most Virginia schools this year regardless of classification. They're as stacked as it gets.

The opposite might actually be true. The thing that's helping Monacan right now is simple. They are a perennial contender, with one of the best coaches in the area. There is not a lot of incentive to seek something better elsewhere in Chesterfield.

I said it a million times. I WISH WE DID RECRUIT! We are having to recruit our own players to actually come to our school.
We lost several impact players to other programs. Some before they even enter the program bc they are recruited from the pop warner leagues and others ended up at private schools. If we had not had people transer out we may have had the top program in the area regardless of classification. I think that happens at other programs as well so no crying over here. One of our best Soph last year transfered to Manchester this season. They also re-zoned and took students from Monacan and sent them to JR, Manchester, & Clover Hill etc. A lot of those students live no where near the schools they attend. Students that live south of Hull Street are going to Midlothian, students live near the old cloverleaf mall are going to James River. Students that live 1 neighborhood over from monacan are going to Clover Hill! Kids that live just south of hull street but east of courthouse Rd are going all the way to Manchester. Those kids are way closer to Monacan. We are talking a 400M difference in zoning that would change the landscape. It is what it is, we just playball with what's left.

I hope this board understands that most of the super successful programs in this state get multiple transfers in each year and parents move their kids to the zone just to play ball. I hope we aren't that naive to think that GOD just happened to bless a 3 mile by 3 mile stretch of land with 300lb lineman and 220lb tailbacks. Time to stop whinning about LCA too!! GW beat them so where is this collection of D1 athletes you guys are all calling LCA?? You ever notice that pictures of bigfoot are always blury??? Time to admit that this "abomidable snowman" people are calling LCA just doesn't exist. Or is just a sheep dog and nothing to have a built in excise for.

Like I said good luck to LCA against an OUT OF STATE opponent. I'll root for the VA boys everytime!

I said it a million times. I WISH WE DID RECRUIT! We are having to recruit our own players to actually come to our school.
We lost several impact players to other programs. Some before they even enter the program bc they are recruited from the pop warner leagues and others ended up at private schools. If we had not had people transer out we may have had the top program in the area regardless of classification. I think that happens at other programs as well so no crying over here. One of our best Soph last year transfered to Manchester this season. They also re-zoned and took students from Monacan and sent them to JR, Manchester, & Clover Hill etc. A lot of those students live no where near the schools they attend. Students that live south of Hull Street are going to Midlothian, students live near the old cloverleaf mall are going to James River. Students that live 1 neighborhood over from monacan are going to Clover Hill! Kids that live just south of hull street but east of courthouse Rd are going all the way to Manchester. Those kids are way closer to Monacan. We are talking a 400M difference in zoning that would change the landscape. It is what it is, we just playball with what's left.

I hope this board understands that most of the super successful programs in this state get multiple transfers in each year and parents move their kids to the zone just to play ball. I hope we aren't that naive to think that GOD just happened to bless a 3 mile by 3 mile stretch of land with 300lb lineman and 220lb tailbacks. Time to stop whinning about LCA too!! GW beat them so where is this collection of D1 athletes you guys are all calling LCA?? You ever notice that pictures of bigfoot are always blury??? Time to admit that this "abomidable snowman" people are calling LCA just doesn't exist. Or is just a sheep dog and nothing to have a built in excise for.

Like I said good luck to LCA against an OUT OF STATE opponent. I'll root for the VA boys everytime!
Disagree, Liberty sued the vhsl , because they knew that the Vhsl couldn't afford to defend the position of public schools. I will never forget that . There should be no exceptions to the level playing field that was established by the VHSL for public schools.

Just to piggyback off of Mbonape. If LCA recruits then so be it. They're apart of the VHSL now so it's a deal with it situation. If they were actively recruiting do you honestly think that Lynchburg area teams such as Brookville, Glass, Appomattox, Heritage, Amherst, JF, Staunton River, etc would be as good as they are? Who is LCA getting their players from? Liberty Bedford and Gretna lol?? Good luck to LCA as they continue to battle the big boys and prove everyone wrong. They have my respect!

Last edited:
Reactions: mbonape1

Most of the photos I've ever taken of my cats are blurry, but they do exist.

Reactions: mbonape1
Let's see. Two of my favorites on Preps are DSH and Wikki. Wikki is rooting for Martinsburg, of course. And DSH wants to see LCA to win.

I'm taking the cowards way out, let it end in a tie.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Lol. I can respect your opinion
Most of the photos I've ever taken of my cats are blurry, but they do exist.

Lol. Spartan are you saying you have seen the abomidable snowman? Or perhaps bigfoot? That LCA is loaded with D1 athletes that we should all be afraid of... or just simply stating that your cats do exists though blurry in photos?

Just to piggyback off of Mbonape. If LCA recruits then so be it. They're apart of the VHSL now so it's a deal with it situation. If they were actively recruiting do you honestly think that Lynchburg area teams such as Brookville, Glass, Appomattox, Heritage, Amherst, JF, Staunton River, etc would be as good as they are? Who is LCA getting their players from? Liberty Bedford and Gretna lol?? Good luck to LCA as they continue to battle the big boys and prove everyone wrong. They have my respect!

They don't recruit anymore. They have nothing to offer anymore. No more free LU tuition and their programs are no better than any of the surrounding schools. However, they have in the past and still have 5th year seniors and recruits grandfathered in playing against schools who don't have such luxury. They even won a state championship in baseball last year with a slew of 19 year olds.

Reactions: wikki
They don't recruit anymore. They have nothing to offer anymore. No more free LU tuition and their programs are no better than any of the surrounding schools. However, they have in the past and still have 5th year seniors and recruits grandfathered in playing against schools who don't have such luxury. They even won a state championship in baseball last year with a slew of 19 year olds.
They won because Hanover gave up 8 runs in the first two innings..But the first part is agreeable.

Let's see. Two of my favorites on Preps are DSH and Wikki. Wikki is rooting for Martinsburg, of course. And DSH wants to see LCA to win.

I'm taking the cowards way out, let it end in a tie.
Two of my favorites also Dinwiddie and DSH, but we can agree or disagree. I have more than one reason I don't like LCA but it is what it is.!

Two of my favorites also Dinwiddie and DSH, but we can agree or disagree. I have more than one reason I don't like LCA but it is what it is.!
Wikki I totally understand why you don't like LCA. They were notorious for going after Amherst players!!!!! They got one of our best players in Tim Glass a few years back who I think would've helped us to the state championship in 2014.

They are not allowed to and shouldn't especially when they could offer scholarships. It hurt the local surrounding schools. Hopefully they will not have that advantage anymore

Wikki I totally understand why you don't like LCA. They were notorious for going after Amherst players!!!!! They got one of our best players in Tim Glass a few years back who I think would've helped us to the state championship in 2014.
Yes I remember that. They recruited our players and I actually saw a letter from them from a parent but she said no

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT