ADVERTISEMENT

LCA Football Coach Resigns

I'd imagine he saw the writing on the wall that they'd be bottom 3 in Seminole pretty much every year. And got tired of hearing from a fan base use to buying players an playing in a inferior league.

Bottom 3 every year? They were 3 games, decided by a combined 9 points, away from going 7-3 and had 2 extremely tough non conference games in GW and the WV state champion
LCA will be in contention every year for a top spot in the Seminole.
Say it louder so the people in denial can hear! LCA has a heck of a program! All sports! Those kids bring it!

Their baseball team is NASTY! Studs all over the diamond!
I hope both LCA & LU can keep excelling on the fields and courts. It’s a shame the amount of people that hate on both schools. Agree or not with their beliefs, both places are top notch academic and breed very good people. I’m looking forward to watching the Liberty Flames compete with the big boys in the coming years (football and basketball). New basketball arena will be ready soon. What a vision!

I hope both LCA & LU can keep excelling on the fields and courts. It’s a shame the amount of people that hate on both schools. Agree or not with their beliefs, both places are top notch academic and breed very good people. I’m looking forward to watching the Liberty Flames compete with the big boys in the coming years (football and basketball). New basketball arena will be ready soon. What a vision!
I dont think most if any issues on this board has to do with there beliefs. I know on the Amherst side an seminole district its more of a rivalry than anything else. We had been told for years how great LCA is an how they'd be top of seminole. Which is one the most competitive leagues in football. An for years LCA holding scrimmage wins like they where regular season wins. An now that they are actually regular season LCA doesn't fair so well.

Reactions: wikki
Say it louder so the people in denial can hear! LCA has a heck of a program! All sports! Those kids bring it!
People are veiwing this totally wrong course most that do are on the outside looking in. Seminole schools have heard how great lca football (i say that because thats the only sport i follow). An LCA has acted like scrimmage win where regular season wins. An since they are now in regular season there seeing the seminole grind.

People are veiwing this totally wrong course most that do are on the outside looking in. Seminole schools have heard how great lca football (i say that because thats the only sport i follow). An LCA has acted like scrimmage win where regular season wins. An since they are now in regular season there seeing the seminole grind.
LCA’s worst loss came to Martinsburg (one of the best teams in recent history of WV) and JF. They lost to GW by 7, Amherst by 1, beat Glass, and lost to state runner up Heritage by 3 scores(which isn’t that bad considering going up against the best RB in the state). That’s pretty good for a team that only dressed out 30 players and a team that is supposedly be a bottom feeder in the Seminole. There was a time that public school teams wouldn’t schedule LCA because of power points. Only team that I recall them playing during the regular season was Gretna and LCA crushed them and that was when Gretna was GOOD!

Reactions: lyhsports
Very interesting development.

Anyone want to offer a prediction as to the affect this will have for LCA this season?

At best 5-5. If they can squeak into the playoffs, they will make some noise. If they would've made the playoffs last year, I believe they would've knocked out a top seed. Hard to know how they'll do since they lost some key players on their offensive line. They're going to be in plenty of close games like last year.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I'd imagine he saw the writing on the wall that they'd be bottom 3 in Seminole pretty much every year. And got tired of hearing from a fan base use to buying players an playing in a inferior league.
Bottom 3 lol LCA has 3 games in the seminole decide by less than 9 points. They should have beat brookville instead went for an unnecessary 2pt conversion. They should have beat Amherst but came up short. And also LCA didn’t come from an inferior league if you line up the teams they played and put them in the seminole those teams like Benedictine, Charlotte Christian, bishop McNamara, Avalon, wood berry forest, bishop Sullivan, martinsburg, wv. that they played every year would walk through the seminole

I think the return of coach Frank Rocco will help them out tremendously. He is one of the best high school coaches around.

No question a great coach, but without 5th year seniors and recruits they will struggle in the seminole... They won't be 4A for long...

Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT