ADVERTISEMENT

LCA games

wikki

VaPreps All State
Oct 21, 2001
Where do they play their home games? I know the first games were at LU but not the Seminole schedule. A Brookville coach told me that this week. He said at Thomas Road. That would be perfect, LU is too big.

Where do they play their home games? I know the first games were at LU but not the Seminole schedule. A Brookville coach told me that this week. He said at Thomas Road. That would be perfect, LU is too big.
I hope not where the JV team plays. Won’t hold the varsity crowds.

Not sure what he was referring to but LCA plays all of their home games at LU.

Yeah...he must have been referring to the JV games. I believe per VHSL this is their last year playing at LU...I could be wrong though.

Reactions: VolNation85
Yeah...he must have been referring to the JV games. I believe per VHSL this is their last year playing at LU...I could be wrong though.
Yea I'm not sure how many more years they will be allowed to play at Lu but I know they are there this year.

EEyhRI-WkAADoqJ

Why would the VHSL not allow games at LU?
Not so much VHSL as it is NCAA might not allow it. I don't know the exact rule or if there even is a rule but there has been rumors for some time that once LU made FBS that LCA wouldn't be allowed to use the LU facilities. Again, this is just hearsay at this point as they are still using LU to date.

Reactions: vector09
Not so much VHSL as it is NCAA might not allow it. I don't know the exact rule or if there even is a rule but there has been rumors for some time that once LU made FBS that LCA wouldn't be allowed to use the LU facilities. Again, this is just hearsay at this point as they are still using LU to date.
That is part of it. Also, how can a team be allowed to play on the same field that they may be able to play for the state championship game on. Not fair. I heard eventually that they will not be allowed to use that field. They may be building one. That is coming in the future

That is part of it. Also, how can a team be allowed to play on the same field that they may be able to play for the state championship game on. Not fair. I heard eventually that they will not be allowed to use that field. They may be building one. That is coming in the future

I want to say their field is going near where the practice field is now across from the JV game field. The lower field does not have enough space for bleachers.

I would imagine a championship game would be moved elsewhere if LCA makes it there.

I'm unaware of any VHSL rule that addresses a team playing their regular season at a site that is designated as a state championship venue. We may not think that is a good idea, but if it's not prohibited buy rule, it is a moot argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT