ADVERTISEMENT

LCA loses 42. 41

LCA got out coached. Made no adjustment on defense to stop brookville just kept getting it run down their throats and made no effort to change and stop it. But LCA had a potent offense, not many teams could stop them. And a questionable call at the end to go for two instead of kicking a field goal to send it into the 2nd overtime. With glass losing to Amherst, even LCA won I don't think they would have had enough points to get into the 8th spot but we will never know and LCA finishes 3-4 in the district and finishes 4-6 for the second time in two years. LCA misses the play offs in back to back seasons for the first time since 2000-2001 and hasn't had losing back to back seasons since 2000-2001

Well considering how many people toppled about how they would get washed in the Seminole it looks like they fared pretty well. Took many of the teams to the ropes with the exception of heritage, but I’ll be glad when we stop bantering about recruits and just let the bulldogs play ball. They weren’t quite there but with the quality of football at glass and heritage trending up right now i dont see as much enticement to go there anymore. No more free ride to LU, no more 5th years what’s the gripe next bc they have access to LU facilities that’s what’s their edge. Give it a rest LCA is here to stay, and might be a force if you keep sleeping on them as teams did this year.

Well considering how many people toppled about how they would get washed in the Seminole it looks like they fared pretty well. Took many of the teams to the ropes with the exception of heritage, but I’ll be glad when we stop bantering about recruits and just let the bulldogs play ball. They weren’t quite there but with the quality of football at glass and heritage trending up right now i dont see as much enticement to go there anymore. No more free ride to LU, no more 5th years what’s the gripe next bc they have access to LU facilities that’s what’s their edge. Give it a rest LCA is here to stay, and might be a force if you keep sleeping on them as teams did this year.
Well said brother!

LCA would be the best team in the Jefferson District though :rolleyes: #NoShade
Possible real possible....
As much noise as the media around here gives the JD I am sure "frontrunner play" aka "Western play" aka "scrubbage play" or as others refer to as scrimmage play. If I had to guess this is how scrimmage play will pick " the line Western to lose by 8 and c-ville to lose by 3 and Albemarle win by 6, Louisa will win by 21, and orange will be a tough out for Brooke point losing 35-31." Media media media...I am getting to old for all this hype just go out and play football.
Sorry that was an off target rant..

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I agree with you rainman except for the last part.If you ask any team in the Seminole who you want to beat most,I think LCA would be near the top with Amherst.LCA got a good football team and I would say got most teams best effort. BulldogstoFlames seems like a good person if you ask me.

I was making the point that you have what you got is all. LCA can't go get kids like they were able in the past. They will have down years..my poor Flucos :(...people forget how good we we're in the hay day of the 80s and early 90's. We all cycle at the public level unfortunately my boys have not had much luck for a long time...but these times are a changing for us our JV had a solid season.

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan

LCA has seen it's best days. It's all downhill from here. They will never have a winning season in 4a.

LCA got out coached. Made no adjustment on defense to stop brookville just kept getting it run down their throats and made no effort to change and stop it. But LCA had a potent offense, not many teams could stop them. And a questionable call at the end to go for two instead of kicking a field goal to send it into the 2nd overtime. With glass losing to Amherst, even LCA won I don't think they would have had enough points to get into the 8th spot but we will never know and LCA finishes 3-4 in the district and finishes 4-6 for the second time in two years. LCA misses the play offs in back to back seasons for the first time since 2000-2001 and hasn't had losing back to back seasons since 2000-2001

You guys were literally a couple of points from this being a much different narrative. Head high sir! You were a class act all year with many taking shots at your program. You never took anything personal which shows more restraint than I could have.

LCA showed up and battled and hopefully earned some respect in the Seminole. Hopefully you will continue to contribute to the discussion through the playoffs?

Last edited:
LCA would be the best team in the Jefferson District though :rolleyes: #NoShade

I believe Louisa would welcome them to the Jungle anytime they want. In your own words LCA got outcoached against Brookville by Jon Meeks who went 7-3, 4-6, and 3-7 in his years in the Jefferson, even losing to lowly Fluvanna at one point. Go back to the private school ranks and recruit.

Reactions: wikki
I agree with you rainman except for the last part.If you ask any team in the Seminole who you want to beat most,I think LCA would be near the top with Amherst.LCA got a good football team and I would say got most teams best effort. BulldogstoFlames seems like a good person if you ask me.
I think Amherst name is listed is because we scheduled them when no one would and played them at least 3 times prior to them being in Seminole and yes it was bitter pill because of the advantages they had. Even though they gave several teams a tough game they seemed to wear down in the second half because of depth. That could be a problem later also if their enrollment is down. I told a Brookville parent last week that they had improved and that they would give the Bees trouble

What really hurts is not having the lu scholarship for all students. Lu made the decision and pulled that a few years ago. LCA may have the perk of using LUs football field and the jumbo tron and scoreboard but they change in the basement of the football building in the weight room with metal chairs in a circle. I wouldn't call that a luxury. They have to pay a fee basically rent out Williams stadium every Friday night. So they pay for that perk. But the word floating around is that LCA will have a stadium built at the school by next football season.

You guys were literally a couple of points from this being a much different narrative. Head high sir! You were a class act all year with many taking shots at your program. You never took anything personal which shows more restraint than I could have.

LCA showed up and battled and hopefully earned some respect in the Seminole. Hopefully you will continue to contribute to the discussion through the playoffs?

Well I appreciate that and I enjoyed the conversations and any trash talk on my part was simply out of competitiveness and fun, nothing personal against anyone or any school. I know the people, players, coaches, and everyone associated with LCA athletics are proud to be apart of the Seminole district, which in my opinion is the best district in the state. It's a great opportunity for LCA to stay local and play on a Friday night instead of traveling to charlotte North Carolina or Virginia Beach for a game but for the whole community we get to see great match ups every Friday night. But with that said... LCA did have issues with depth late in games which I think hurt them in atleast 5 games this year will that's not an excuse bc I know a lot of teams have guys that go both ways but it was a factor. I know during the week they had starters on line and skill positions that had to play every rep of scout team bc they didn't have enough bodies. I think of GW, the first game season. Was up by two touchdowns late in that game and lost by 7, should have won that. Then heritage they had an early 21-7 lead and let that slip. They played Amherst down to the last second but had a two touchdown lead in that game late and couldn't pull it out. Then this past week we were up by two touchdowns late in the game and missed a 30yd field goal to win the game then a stupid decision in overtime to go for 2 and they gave that win up. Then in my opinion they should have never scheduled that WV team and should have scheduled franklin co like they have in the past, a 6a team and an almost certain win. If the ball bounces LCAs way they could have been 7-3 easier and with scheduling could have been 8-2. So I think they did a good job showing that thy could compete in the Seminole. Only heritage and JF really blew them out and I think they had 5-6 turnovers against JF or the score might have been closer. But I'm proud of LCA and I look forward to many more seasons ahead

But I wish all the Seminole teams luck in the playoffs and I'll be at the games cheering them on. What we got 5 or 6 teams out of 8 in the playoffs. I hope to see two Seminole district teams holding trophies up in December

But I wish all the Seminole teams luck in the playoffs and I'll be at the games cheering them on. What we got 5 or 6 teams out of 8 in the playoffs. I hope to see two Seminole district teams holding trophies up in December

Well I appreciate that and I enjoyed the conversations and any trash talk on my part was simply out of competitiveness and fun, nothing personal against anyone or any school. I know the people, players, coaches, and everyone associated with LCA athletics are proud to be apart of the Seminole district

@Bulldogs_to_flames You sir are all class! Well done!

What really hurts is not having the lu scholarship for all students. Lu made the decision and pulled that a few years ago. LCA may have the perk of using LUs football field and the jumbo tron and scoreboard but they change in the basement of the football building in the weight room with metal chairs in a circle. I wouldn't call that a luxury. They have to pay a fee basically rent out Williams stadium every Friday night. So they pay for that perk. But the word floating around is that LCA will have a stadium built at the school by next football season.

Well I appreciate that and I enjoyed the conversations and any trash talk on my part was simply out of competitiveness and fun, nothing personal against anyone or any school. I know the people, players, coaches, and everyone associated with LCA athletics are proud to be apart of the Seminole district, which in my opinion is the best district in the state. It's a great opportunity for LCA to stay local and play on a Friday night instead of traveling to charlotte North Carolina or Virginia Beach for a game but for the whole community we get to see great match ups every Friday night. But with that said... LCA did have issues with depth late in games which I think hurt them in atleast 5 games this year will that's not an excuse bc I know a lot of teams have guys that go both ways but it was a factor. I know during the week they had starters on line and skill positions that had to play every rep of scout team bc they didn't have enough bodies. I think of GW, the first game season. Was up by two touchdowns late in that game and lost by 7, should have won that. Then heritage they had an early 21-7 lead and let that slip. They played Amherst down to the last second but had a two touchdown lead in that game late and couldn't pull it out. Then this past week we were up by two touchdowns late in the game and missed a 30yd field goal to win the game then a stupid decision in overtime to go for 2 and they gave that win up. Then in my opinion they should have never scheduled that WV team and should have scheduled franklin co like they have in the past, a 6a team and an almost certain win. If the ball bounces LCAs way they could have been 7-3 easier and with scheduling could have been 8-2. So I think they did a good job showing that thy could compete in the Seminole. Only heritage and JF really blew them out and I think they had 5-6 turnovers against JF or the score might have been closer. But I'm proud of LCA and I look forward to many more seasons ahead

Every Seminole team made the playoffs except for LCA. Which isn't a shot at LCA. They are best team not in the playoffs in Class 1-4, maybe across all classifications.

Good comment. I am good friends with one of the B teams parents and he said that he felt they got out coached in the Brookville game. Not sure what your thoughts are

LCA is definitely the best team not in the playoffs. They played competitively in the seminole this season. Coaches did a great job, players played with a lot of heart. JV looked like they had some pretty good athletes(#6 was nice) when I saw them vs Glass. I see them still being competitive in the next couple of years. Congrats to the Bulldogs on a good season!

Good comment. I am good friends with one of the B teams parents and he said that he felt they got out coached in the Brookville game. Not sure what your thoughts are

Thanks for all the kind words, LCA will be back and they might have been thin on varsity but middle school had 40+ players and jv has some very good athletes so I think they will be fine.

Wikki, I wouldn't say necessarily outcoached. I know in my first post on here I said out coached but as I Thought over the game, I don't know what you call it but not necessarily out coached. LCA has struggled stopping the run all year, every team in the Seminole was able to run on them. But it looked like brookville was reading the front if LCA was blitzing or slanting to one side the Qb was running the other way. And it was definitely a Qb read type of play. LCA made no adjustments to it. I think LCA made poor decisions at coaching. They were winning big early I think 21-0 at this point and they did a little pop kick and brookville returned it 30 yards to their 40 or so leading to a short field and td. The first two tds for LCA the kicked deeped and brookville started at their 10 and their 25 and had to drive the whole field to try to score. After the brookville td they kicked an onside kick and got it back on their own 45 leading to their second td making it 21-14 at half. So two poor special team mistakes which I think falls on the coaching. Then with 10 seconds left LCA called a 3rd timeout but their was also an injury for brookville. Which I don't know the rule book but I'm sure LCA could have got that timeout back bc of injury. If so they could have moved the ball to the middle and called a time out to set up a winning field goal instead of kicking from the right hash. Then in overtime they went for 2 on the first overtime instead of kicking a field goal to go into a 2nd overtime. It was a have to win game for LCA so why would they go for 2 instead of trying to go into the second overtime.

Reactions: wikki
Thanks for all the kind words, LCA will be back and they might have been thin on varsity but middle school had 40+ players and jv has some very good athletes so I think they will be fine.

Wikki, I wouldn't say necessarily outcoached. I know in my first post on here I said out coached but as I Thought over the game, I don't know what you call it but not necessarily out coached. LCA has struggled stopping the run all year, every team in the Seminole was able to run on them. But it looked like brookville was reading the front if LCA was blitzing or slanting to one side the Qb was running the other way. And it was definitely a Qb read type of play. LCA made no adjustments to it. I think LCA made poor decisions at coaching. They were winning big early I think 21-0 at this point and they did a little pop kick and brookville returned it 30 yards to their 40 or so leading to a short field and td. The first two tds for LCA the kicked deeped and brookville started at their 10 and their 25 and had to drive the whole field to try to score. After the brookville td they kicked an onside kick and got it back on their own 45 leading to their second td making it 21-14 at half. So two poor special team mistakes which I think falls on the coaching. Then with 10 seconds left LCA called a 3rd timeout but their was also an injury for brookville. Which I don't know the rule book but I'm sure LCA could have got that timeout back bc of injury. If so they could have moved the ball to the middle and called a time out to set up a winning field goal instead of kicking from the right hash. Then in overtime they went for 2 on the first overtime instead of kicking a field goal to go into a 2nd overtime. It was a have to win game for LCA so why would they go for 2 instead of trying to go into the second overtime.
Thanks for sharing

I echo what my buddy Mbonape said, bulldogs, you are a class act. You have done as much or more than anyone on Preps to elevate the acceptance of LCA.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Ditto. I was actually rooting for LCA at the end of the season. I understand all of the old wounds and feelings of a forced acceptance into VHSL, but its time to let it go. Good luck to LCA in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT