ADVERTISEMENT

LCA State Champs

VHSL should be ashamed to allow such unfair advantages. I feel bad for the other teams who worked so hard their entire HS careers, playing by the rules, only to be beat by a team led by college freshmen. Pathetic.

I hear after next year when the rest of their re-classed players graduate the VHSL will allow 4 strikes and 4 outs per inning for LCA teams...

I agree. If the VHSL was going to let LCA in they should have made them abide by all of the rules everyone else has to follow or wait until all of the reclassified players and out of boundary players were gone. But it didn't happen that way and hanovel had to take the screw.

LCA is a 4A school with 750 students. How many other 4A schools have less than 751 students. most of them are double the enrollment of LCA.

LCA is a 4A school with 750 students. How many other 4A schools have less than 751 students. most of them are double the enrollment of LCA.

How many other 4A schools have recruited athletes from all over the globe? How many have multiple 19 year old athletes? Sorry, you just can't compare. There is no argument you can make that can justify taking a well earned championship away from teams that played by the rules. I'm not talking about just Hanover, every team they beat unfairly along the way should file a complaint.

How many other 4A schools have recruited athletes from all over the globe? How many have multiple 19 year old athletes? Sorry, you just can't compare. There is no argument you can make that can justify taking a well earned championship away from teams that played by the rules. I'm not talking about just Hanover, every team they beat unfairly along the way should file a complaint.
Agreed 100%. Remember when dealing with HR6 he sees LCA through rose colored glasses. They do have a boundary the entire city of Lynchburg, which is unfair to Glass and Heritage, plus as stated draw from the rest of the globe. However, baseball's win may have put a wrench in the ole LCA argument. I have heard they were going to complain about how students were counted to try and drop to 2A or 3A wherever the enrollment places them because they were having trouble competing with the larger schools, football not dominating like they want it too. Personally, if they are going to compete in VHSL, which I do not think they should be allowed, they should compete in 6A. They enrollments may not match up but the area from which they can recruit from is still much larger. They should be like Benedictine, Roanoke Catholic, Paul VI etc. and compete with the other private schools.

Agreed 100%. Remember when dealing with HR6 he sees LCA through rose colored glasses. They do have a boundary the entire city of Lynchburg, which is unfair to Glass and Heritage, plus as stated draw from the rest of the globe. However, baseball's win may have put a wrench in the ole LCA argument. I have heard they were going to complain about how students were counted to try and drop to 2A or 3A wherever the enrollment places them because they were having trouble competing with the larger schools, football not dominating like they want it too. Personally, if they are going to compete in VHSL, which I do not think they should be allowed, they should compete in 6A. They enrollments may not match up but the area from which they can recruit from is still much larger. They should be like Benedictine, Roanoke Catholic, Paul VI etc. and compete with the other private schools.

Exactly.

Their sports will quickly drop off, you will see it even this year in football and they will not even be able to compete. Nobody is sending their kids to play there any more because there is no draw. All the area schools will be dominating them in football so nobody will go there just for that. Baseball just has a load of recruited and reclassed athletes left in they system.

The problem will eventually go away but that doesn't do anything for the schools and athletes they cheated along the way. Those kids will never get a second chance at a state title.

LCA should play in division IAW enrollment numbers they have. whether it be 2,3,or 4.
With all things considered, LCA is one of best schools in the state. if not the best.

LCA should play in division IAW enrollment numbers they have. whether it be 2,3,or 4.
With all things considered, LCA is one of best schools in the state. if not the best.

School enrollment has absolutely nothing to do with anything when recruiting and reclassing is allowed. Oak Hill Academy has 150 students and dominates most of the country in basketball.

I have nothing against the school or the kids that go to it. They just should not be allowed to compete against schools unless they play by the same rules. When those kids reflect back on their championship season they have no choice but to know they had an unfair advantage. It certainly cheapens the accomplishment.

Oak Hill is not a high school. it's a basketball factory operating under umbrella of a high school.

Oak Hill is not a high school. it's a basketball factory operating under umbrella of a high school.

But they play by the same loose rules and guidelines as LCA does... How fair would it be for them to play VHSL teams? Thanks for making my point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT