ADVERTISEMENT

Let them play slowly gaining momentum across the state

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
especially around the Roanoke Valley. BOCO has decided to play starting Jan 4. There are at least 3 other Twitter pages that have sprung up since Botetourt chose to play.

@letusplayahs (Alleghany)
@letrke (Roanoke City)
@letsalem (Salem)

Bedford Co looks to be making a decision soon that could opt out of using VDH positivity rate metrics, which don't allow return to play while localities are in the "red zone."

Petersburg has chosen to reverse course and play winter sports.

Here are some articles that point to the benefits of playing vs the potential negative consequences of choosing not to play.

[/URL]

And we have a new contestant entering the battle field. Bedford Co has a page!

@letbedford

I really think we need to get Roanoke County in on this. Think of the influence they have on the whole Roanoke Valley. They have 5 schools within the system.

And for the NRV we need Montgomery County in on this too. They have 4 schools i believe with Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Auburn, and EastMont.

I'd love to see Lynchburg and Southside get in on the action too. @iDidntGetBanned if you can get someone to start a page for Danville/PitCo and @lyhsports for Lynchburg, I think a coalition of Roanoke/Lynchburg/NRV/Southside would have a better chance to push the cart down the hill together.

Last edited:
Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
And we have a new contestant entering the battle field. Bedford Co has a page!

@letbedford

I really think we need to get Roanoke County in on this. Think of the influence they have on the whole Roanoke Valley. They have 5 schools within the system.

And for the NRV we need Montgomery County in on this too. They have 3 schools i believe with Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and EastMont.

I'd love to see Lynchburg and Southside get in on the action too. @iDidntGetBanned if you can get someone to start a page for Danville/PitCo and @lyhsports for Lynchburg, I think a coalition of Roanoke/Lynchburg/NRV/Southside would have a better chance to push the cart down the hill together.
I spoke to a few people back down our way. Unfortunately a lot of people just aren’t into it like we are in the 276/434. Would’ve been something that I would’ve taken on for the kids if I didn’t have other obligations elsewhere. Hoping they let the kids play in my area (Henrico County/Richmond City). Not looking good for football. Richmond City isn’t doing anything and Henrico is probably going to follow I’m afraid.

Virginia Beach decided they will play a couple of days ago.
Since the announcement that the Governor will open schools back up Roanoke County has now decided to play.

BREAKING: Roanoke County School Board comes to consensus that they WILL move forward in constructing a plan to bring back sports. Chairman recognizes health department does not approve, but will work to come up with best framework.
@ABC13News

Well, Frederick County is playing their winter and fall sports starting after March, but no VHSL playoffs for either season.

especially around the Roanoke Valley. BOCO has decided to play starting Jan 4. There are at least 3 other Twitter pages that have sprung up since Botetourt chose to play.

@letusplayahs (Alleghany)
@letrke (Roanoke City)
@letsalem (Salem)

Bedford Co looks to be making a decision soon that could opt out of using VDH positivity rate metrics, which don't allow return to play while localities are in the "red zone."

Petersburg has chosen to reverse course and play winter sports.

Here are some articles that point to the benefits of playing vs the potential negative consequences of choosing not to play.

[/URL]
Amherst and LCA is playing tomorrow night, but none of the City Schools or other county schools are playing, makes no sense

I posted Va Beach's 11 schools are playing, but today I read Newport News, Hampton & Gloucester Co have chosen not to. It's really bewildering the different localities within the same basic region making 2 completely different calls.

I posted Va Beach's 11 schools are playing, but today I read Newport News, Hampton & Gloucester Co have chosen not to. It's really bewildering the different localities within the same basic region making 2 completely different calls.

Up here, Frederick County said no to winter sports bur Clarke County said yes. Smh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT