ADVERTISEMENT

Blog LIVE 4A Championship Blog - Dinwiddie (14-0) vs. Salem (12-1)

In what appeared to be a stop for Dinwiddie, the chains tell another story and Salem has a fresh set of downs at the 16 of Dinwiddie.

Pope is showing his stuff on defense and offense. He has the Generals in business but there is a flag on the field. We are awaiting the call.

K'Vaughan Pope trying to make a play is stopped in the back field by what appeared to be the entire Salem defense. The Generals are backed up to their own 34 after a promising start and will punt.

Freeland saves a touchdown for a moment but it's Tucker coming up big yet again for the Spartans and now Salem is at the Dinwiddie 18.

Dinwiddie rushed the passer but he got the ball off to Riley Fox who cashes it in for a touchdown and Salem is up 14-6 with 6:33 to go!

How's the crowd/atmosphere at W&M?

Can't see Dinwiddie crowd but Salem is well represented and loud, lol! I can hear Dinwiddie's fans so I know they are here. Stadium is beautiful even a night but must be honest, I'm glad I'm up here in pressbox and now down there in the stands where it's cold.

Big pass to Tye Freeland for 23 yards and the Generals are in business and Freeland finishes that up with 5-yard touchdown. Generals will fall short on the 2 point conversion and trail 12-14 with 3:31 to go in the 2nd quarter.

The combo of Beckley and Tucker is proving to be dangerous today. Dinwiddie needs to find an answer for them defensively.

With a little over a minute to go in the half, Salem is aross midfield yet again and Beckley is making use of all of his receivers be it Quinn or Tucker.

The execution in this game has been so impressive. Neither team are having false start penalties, holding, etc. Just really well played and some crazy third down execution.

Looking at the stats the score might be 17-12 in favor of Salem but they have outplayed Dinwiddie in the first half.

15 first downs to Dinwiddie's 7.

Spartans have 82 yards rushing to the Generals 49.

Not far apart in passing yards, Salem has 189 to 125 for Dinwiddie.

clean first half with no turnovers for either team

Salem has not had to putn yet, Generals have punted twice.

Time of possession shows the dominance of Salem so far with 15:11 to that of 8:49 of Dinwiddie.

3rd down conversions have hurt Dinwiddie, 7 of 8 for Salem, 3 of 5 for Dinwiddie.

Salem has been to the redzone three times and scored twice while Dinwiddie has been in there just once.

Noah Beckley has been masterful, 13 of 15 for 189 yards and 2 touchdowns. His big target has been Viante Tucker who has 7 catches and 134 yards with one touchdown.

K'Vaughan Pope has 5 tackles and 78 yards of offense much of that in the receiving game where he has 72 yards and a touchdown.

Bryce Witt has not been bad, 10 of 12 for 125 and a touchdown.

Both teams are back on the field prepping for the second half. Two quarters are all that remains in the 2016 season in 4A

Fields brings down Burnette but nothing much seems to have changed from the first half. Salem is having no trouble moving the ball on dinwiddie

Surprise, suprise, another Salem conversion on third down. Dinwiddie has got to find a way to stop this if they want to stop Salem

Beckley will probably get some more offers after this game. One of the best QB performances I have ever seen in this type of game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT