ADVERTISEMENT

Livestreaming Observations

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
As you guys may have read, I have not been having the most positive experiences thus far with the NFHS livestreaming of our basketball games. However today I have done some experimenting and discovered that if you watch a game after the fact, using their On Demand feature, the results are much better and the freezing problem is almost non-existent.

So I guess I will continue to muddle through and put up with the live broadcasts as best I can and then go back and watch later if I need to for fine tuning. But you guys might also want to know that their On Demand archives goes back at least 6-8 years and covers all sports for any school across the country. For example, all four of Riverheads most recent state football championship games are still available to watch, along with that sensational semi-final game down in Galax in 2016.

I bring this to your attention because those of you who have not yet subscribed to NFHS might want to consider it, so you can re-live some of those memories, as well as get the most you can out of these pandemic times.

Reactions: Bama1985
As you guys may have read, I have not been having the most positive experiences thus far with the NFHS livestreaming of our basketball games. However today I have done some experimenting and discovered that if you watch a game after the fact, using their On Demand feature, the results are much better and the freezing problem is almost non-existent.

So I guess I will continue to muddle through and put up with the live broadcasts as best I can and then go back and watch later if I need to for fine tuning. But you guys might also want to know that their On Demand archives goes back at least 6-8 years and covers all sports for any school across the country. For example, all four of Riverheads most recent state football championship games are still available to watch, along with that sensational semi-final game down in Galax in 2016.

I bring this to your attention because those of you who have not yet subscribed to NFHS might want to consider it, so you can re-live some of those memories, as well as get the most you can out of these pandemic times.
I was wondering, I noticed a few times at PM games that most of the JV kids after their game are on their phones, (I keep the book for both JV and varsity) my wife has said they had no problem streaming JV but have lag issues w/ varsity games. Most of those kids are on the school wifi. Yesterday when we played Draft she said there were no issues, ie our JV kids were on LTE not wifi, and Drafts JV team did no stay for the game. Don’t know if that’s the case or not.

I was wondering, I noticed a few times at PM games that most of the JV kids after their game are on their phones, (I keep the book for both JV and varsity) my wife has said they had no problem streaming JV but have lag issues w/ varsity games. Most of those kids are on the school wifi. Yesterday when we played Draft she said there were no issues, ie our JV kids were on LTE not wifi, and Drafts JV team did no stay for the game. Don’t know if that’s the case or not.
Who won the game yesterday?

Different sport but wrestling is horrid on there. Most times you see the scorers table and half a two mats so you can’t watch any real action. Unbelievable since is am a casual basketball fan and it seems tolerable for that sport. I have already complained to NFHS and the school to no avail so far. I hope the schools coverage of football is better than what I have seen so far. If not then I hope the school got some money out of it. Not a happy subscriber at all.

I know very, very little about this, but I was told that if schools purchased a specific brand of cameras for streaming then the company that sells them controls them. No idea what resolution the streams may offer. One school out this way is using its IT department to stream on YouTube

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT