ADVERTISEMENT

LOL @ Salem fans

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
GW got blasted for being "classless" 2 weeks ago. I'm sitting on Salem's side and I've heard it all tonight. Calling LT "hood boys" and other offensive terminology, tellin the Salem players to "break the necks" and other unsportsmanlike things. Hell of a game Lake Taylor. Devils your team is the real deal and I apologize for underestimating them when they played Bird. Good season to the Spartans also.

I'm in the stands as well.. Every fan base has their "classless fans". Some just have more than others.

Originally posted by DanvilleSportsHead:
GW got blasted for being "classless" 2 weeks ago. I'm sitting on Salem's side and I've heard it all tonight. Calling LT "hood boys" and other offensive terminology, tellin the Salem players to "break the necks" and other unsportsmanlike things. Hell of a game Lake Taylor. Devils your team is the real deal and I apologize for underestimating them when they played Bird. Good season to the Spartans also.
I was afraid that would be the case. Sucks, but that's reality.

Like I said... I'm in the stands as well and was at the GW game. HUGE difference in fans and players.

Truth hurts Danville. Sorry!
roll.r191677.gif

Typical Reply

The type of people that make the types of statements Danville is talking about would never admit to it. It's been my experience that even when calling people on making negative comments about kids playing sports they either double down or retreat, but never admit.

I disagree with you on that DanvilleSportsHead...Players can change their ways because they're kids..Adults are who they are once they reach a certain age..I rather deal with a ignorant kid than an ignorant adult anyday..I had to get up and move my kids to another section cause of the stuff we was hearing,just so sad..Congrats on the players for their sportsmanship though..
This post was edited on 12/13 7:24 PM by Lineheart

Re: Typical Reply

So the ones that don't say anything, what do they do? They aren't going to lie and say, "yeah i said that" and they are telling the truth, so they aren't doubling down or retreating, so seems like your experience would be flawed.

Originally posted by Lineheart:
I disagree with you on that DanvilleSportsHead...Players can change their ways because they're kids..Adults are who they are once they reach a certain age..I rather deal with a ignorant kid than an ignorant adult anyday..I had to get up and move my kids to another section cause of the stuff we was hearing,just so sad..Congrats on the players for their sportsmanship though..
This post was edited on 12/13 7:24 PM by Lineheart
Amen. Ignorance is taught and acquired. No one is born that way.

I completely agree Phantom. Like I said... All fan bases have their good and bad fans. Some just have a higher percentage than others. I was in the stands today and heard nothing disrespectful from the fans around me. The fans and players from both teams should be proud of how they handled themselves and how their players played. It was nothing like what we saw at the end of the GW game.

Originally posted by DanvilleSportsHead:
Ignorance is ignorance whether it's coming from the players or fans. Case closed. Safe travels and better luck next year.
Or radio broadcasters....

I'm not sure if a Salem fans are even going to blame Refs lol (Danville.)To be a champion you have to Act like a champion. kids who have been there before know how to act win or lose.

You're wrong

The personal fouls and players posting on Twitter two weeks ago was classless. That is a direct result of what was taking place on the field. That was classless on the players part. Anything said in the stands didn't have a thing to do with what happened on the field. Classless comments yes but no intent to hurt anyone. That's the difference.

I will admit that when I realized my fav team was getting really good I got braggy and would let other fans know, well you're about to take one. Now I'm sitting silently in the corner, quietly of course, with all these district, regional and state championship t shirts sucking my thumb and wishing for another.

Lake Taylor won; they won big and they showed everyone how good they were. Salem put up a great fight, never gave up and showed why they had such a great season. All the kids on both teams should be commended, and the adults who get their self worth from what a bunch of 17 and 18 year old boys do need to appreciate those 17 and 18 year old boys for what they have achieved and quit worrying about who's mama said something stupid in the crowd. Like none of us have ever said anything we regret.

You sure you wanna go there?

Are you sure you want to talk about what teenagers post of twitter, because if I remember correctly all the way back to last night...

another cheap shot coming from danville

No salem players took cheap shots at lake Taylor like Danville did to salem. I sat in the stands today and heard nothing like what you described. Seems like this post is nothing more than another attempt at a cheap shot by danville. Based on the actions demonstrated by some from Danville I don't think you should take the word of danvillesportshead. Sounds a lot like sour grapes.

Re: You sure you wanna go there?

I'm really a disappointed in you guys. You get on here and and denigrate a great day for four great schools. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I sat on the Liberty homefield side. I was not there with blinders on or my hands over my ears. Not one time, not once all day, during two games did I hear even one word that would be offensive to anyone. What I did see was a bunch of good family people proud of the kids on the field and thankful to be part of great day of football.

If you are looking for something to start a black/white issue you will be sorely disappointed. Great folks all around me all day. Don't believe me? Give the football coach at Fleming a call. That fine gentleman sat behind us and was a joy to get to know. Or ask the Magna Vista family with there children that sat in front of us if anything was said that took any of the joy out of the day.

Maybe you should pay better attention to the kids on the field. I saw sportsmanship at it's best. Helping each other up, showing empathy when someone went down, a quick pat on the helmet after a tough play. I didn't see them going after each other after the game, did you?

No, after doing there best to win a game they shook hands and congratulated each other.

And then you guys come on here with this embarrassing trash. Again, you should be ashamed. Take a lesson from the kids. Show some class.

Re: another cheap shot coming from danville

Originally posted by southbottomU:
No salem players took cheap shots at lake Taylor like Danville did to salem. I sat in the stands today and heard nothing like what you described. Seems like this post is nothing more than another attempt at a cheap shot by danville. Based on the actions demonstrated by some from Danville I don't think you should take the word of danvillesportshead. Sounds a lot like sour grapes.
You must have bionic ears. There were at least 5000 Salem fans there. Just because you say you didn't hear anything it doesn't mean it wasn't said.

Re: another cheap shot coming from danville

Said I did not hear anything. Was it possible that something like that was said somewhere? I guess so-- out of 5000 fans could one have said something questionable? I didn't hear it and I wouldn't take the word of sour grapes Danville sports head that it did

Let me be the first to tell you this Dan. You're a damned lier!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

Congrats

To both teams
This post was edited on 12/14 9:22 AM by DEVILSLB99

Thanks for the compliment. When I brought up some remarks I was bashed because I was a coach, I need to stop reading twitter, etc it's all good though we accomplished our goal for the year and hopefully those people who made insensitive remarks feel great about themselves.

It has nothing to do with black or white so don't go there. You can look at any post and you will never see anything like that. It all had to do with personal fouls( 2 on one play.. Really?) and then the cheap shot at the end of the game on the punter. yesterday's game was what it should be. You knock another player clean off his feet, you both get up and smack each other on the helmet or on the butt.. That's sportsmanship and it was on display. It shows the character of the coaches and what they teach the kids and the kids character following the coaches examples. In the biggest game most of these kids played in so far that's they wait should be.

yes

I don't care what kids say before a game. It's all game speak ...Was it followed thru on the field? NO!! Doing something on the field and then bragging on it afterwards that's the difference.

Originally posted by DinwiddieProud:
I'm really a disappointed in you guys. You get on here and and denigrate a great day for four great schools. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I sat on the Liberty homefield side. I was not there with blinders on or my hands over my ears. Not one time, not once all day, during two games did I hear even one word that would be offensive to anyone. What I did see was a bunch of good family people proud of the kids on the field and thankful to be part of great day of football.

If you are looking for something to start a black/white issue you will be sorely disappointed. Great folks all around me all day. Don't believe me? Give the football coach at Fleming a call. That fine gentleman sat behind us and was a joy to get to know. Or ask the Magna Vista family with there children that sat in front of us if anything was said that took any of the joy out of the day.

Maybe you should pay better attention to the kids on the field. I saw sportsmanship at it's best. Helping each other up, showing empathy when someone went down, a quick pat on the helmet after a tough play. I didn't see them going after each other after the game, did you?

No, after doing there best to win a game they shook hands and congratulated each other.

And then you guys come on here with this embarrassing trash. Again, you should be ashamed. Take a lesson from the kids. Show some class.
I was sitting in three different areas of the stadium on the home side and never heard one negative remark about Lake Taylor players. Didn't hear it at the game or even leaving the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT