ADVERTISEMENT

Lord Botetourt VS ECG

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
28-7 ECG with 11:11 left

Glass defense bending but not breaking. Special teams is the story for Glass. Freshman kicker Will Pacot with some beautiful pooch kicks. 2 recovered. Also Glass blocked a punt for a TD.

Botetourt looks good on offense(Especially Nicely) but they haven’t finished drives. They’ll make some noise though. Their blocking is legit.

Reactions: VolNation85
Interesting view, always nice to see how two people can view the same game. I think LB is in massive trouble because Nicely running the dive is their entire offense. They don't have a RB1, they don't have receivers, I think they're going to struggle a lot this season unless those come into play.

Glass had two great redzone stands that really changed the game but they really sputtered offensively after that great first quarter, going away from what was working and trying just about anything else.

Reactions: VolNation85
Interesting view, always nice to see how two people can view the same game. I think LB is in massive trouble because Nicely running the dive is their entire offense. They don't have a RB1, they don't have receivers, I think they're going to struggle a lot this season unless those come into play.

Glass had two great redzone stands that really changed the game but they really sputtered offensively after that great first quarter, going away from what was working and trying just about anything else.
Oh I agree with everything you said, just speaking positively about both teams. Still a lot to work on for both teams.

I don't know what your idea of "struggle a lot this season" is so I'm not saying you're wrong but, LB will win 8-9 games this season. No disrespect to the other teams but their district is exactly challenging. The only teams on their remaining scheduling I see possibly beating them are Appo and Riverheads. LB will be 7-3 at worst or 9-1 at best and then make it at least to their Region championship game.

Last edited:
I don't know what your idea of "struggle a lot this season" is so I'm not saying you're wrong but, LB will win 8-9 games this season. No disrespect to the other teams but their district is exactly challenging. The only teams on their remaining scheduling I see possibly beating them are Appo and Riverheads. LB will be 7-3 at worst or 9-1 at best and then make it at least to their Region championship game.
No way they are beating Riverheads this year.

Ok...so they will be 7-3 at worst and 8-2 at best. Still far from "struggling" as someone else mentioned.

Struggling doesn't mean 1-9, I never said they'd finish poorly, all I said was they'd struggle. In recent years they've tended to coast during the regular season, I don't think they have the offense to do that this year. The wins will be more hard fought than recent years.

Struggling doesn't mean 1-9, I never said they'd finish poorly, all I said was they'd struggle. In recent years they've tended to coast during the regular season, I don't think they have the offense to do that this year. The wins will be more hard fought than recent years.
That makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT