ADVERTISEMENT

Lotd Botetourt Schedule

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
They will play Division 1 multiple champ Riverheads and Division 2 multiple champ Appomattox.

what is your prediction ?
I think Riverheads is used to dominating at the LOS and their skill guys able to shrug tackles in the lane. I'm not sure they can manage that against LB.

But Appomattox has the athletes to match LB and also is very tough and strong inside. I think having an experienced, athletic QB who can go downfield can keep them in the game

I think LB beats RHS by 21 points. The Appo game could come down til the very end.

Reactions: Raiders Radio
I think Riverheads is used to dominating at the LOS and their skill guys able to shrug tackles in the lane. I'm not sure they can manage that against LB.

But Appomattox has the athletes to match LB and also is very tough and strong inside. I think having an experienced, athletic QB who can go downfield can keep them in the game

I think LB beats RHS by 21 points. The Appo game could come down til the very end.
You might be right on ! Riverheads does not see the teams l;ke LB or Appo very often . Appo was in our Jamboree years ago and Riverheads played well then but this will be all together different. I just hope Riverheads puts out an honest effort . This is really lopsided and I hope our little guys don't get hurt .

Those will be two very interesting games for sure but I am not ready to make predictions at this early stage.

You might be right on ! Riverheads does not see the teams l;ke LB or Appo very often . Appo was in our Jamboree years ago and Riverheads played well then but this will be all together different. I just hope Riverheads puts out an honest effort . This is really lopsided and I hope our little guys don't get hurt .
Riverheads never, ever gets to play the woe is me, poor little underdog card lol. They've won the state title every year for half of a decade. But playing up two divisions against a team that made the state title in 3A last year. I could be wrong tho, who knows. The only Riverheads game I watched in full was against Tazwell, a good not great 2D team, and Tazwell was in the game until the very end. LB, I just feel like that's a totally different animal. Again who knows, maybe I'm totally wrong. Wouldn't be first time won't be last.

casto will have riverheads ready to play, he will play any team anywhere, it will be a tough game, but if it takes a 3a school to beat rhs winning streak that will be ok, will make them more prepared come playoff time, the streak should be at 38 come week three of this year, rhs will run run run and will pass a few more times this season, if u stop the run u will beat us by the 3 tds or more, if not they will be in the game and hope to have a chance for a victory,. GO BIG RED

I question why LB would want to play down two divisions. What can they get for a win and what will they get if they don't ?

I question why LB would want to play down two divisions. What can they get for a win and what will they get if they don't ?
They would get 16 pts for a win over a C1 opponent +
4 classification points for playing down 2 classifications +
2 pts for each win Riverheads gets.
eg: If LB won and Riverheads won their remaining games, they would receive a total of 38 pts.

If LB lost they would receive 4 pts for losing to a C1 team +
4 pts for playing down 2 classifications +
1 pt for each Riverheads win.
eg: if Riverheads won all their games, LB would receive 18 pts for a loss.

Reactions: BigWinners
casto will have riverheads ready to play, he will play any team anywhere, it will be a tough game, but if it takes a 3a school to beat rhs winning streak that will be ok, will make them more prepared come playoff time, the streak should be at 38 come week three of this year, rhs will run run run and will pass a few more times this season, if u stop the run u will beat us by the 3 tds or more, if not they will be in the game and hope to have a chance for a victory,. GO BIG RED
Truthfully it's hard to tell, I'm mostly using last season and that's not a great indicator for this one. I just saw Tazwell had a lot of success and really had their chances to win when they attacked downfield and got their athletes in space. Now Tazwell has great athletes but LB, the 3A runner up, usually has even better weapons in space and should be at least as good up front as Tazwell and Draft. Just think it's a very tough matchup for Riverheads, doesn't mean one iota when it comes to who actually wins and loses.

Reactions: Bama1985
They would get 16 pts for a win over a C1 opponent +
4 classification points for playing down 2 classifications +
2 pts for each win Riverheads gets.
eg: If LB won and Riverheads won their remaining games, they would receive a total of 38 pts.

If LB lost they would receive 4 pts for losing to a C1 team +
4 pts for playing down 2 classifications +
1 pt for each Riverheads win.
eg: if Riverheads won all their games, LB would receive 18 pts for a loss.
Playing both Riverheads and Appo, if LB wins both, they'll be insane points wise. Between the two, they may only have one more regular season loss between them, quite possibly none.

I do not know much about Lord Botetourt"s skill players but the Cavaliers do return some large people in Gunner Givens at 6'6" 275, Daniel Smith 6'7" 280 and Hunter McClain at 6'6" 295.

I do not know much about Lord Botetourt"s skill players but the Cavaliers do return some large people in Gunner Givens at 6'6" 275, Daniel Smith 6'7" 280 and Hunter McClain at 6'6" 295.
Do they play both offense and defense

Riverheads has some skill players and lineman @ 135 - 155 soaking wet ! I am concerned that due to the difference in size they could get hurt .

Stuarts Draft lost two games last year. The first was to Riverheads 10-7 in overtime. The second was to Appomattox 48-41 in overtime. Botetourt lost a lot off their roster.

Channel 10 interview with the LB coach on YouTube . " fastest team he has had "

These three teams probably had no choice but to play each other. I doubt too many teams around the state were lined up to Riverheads, LB and Appo. Dominant programs have a lot of trouble finding non conference games, especially Riverheads since they are Class 1. There are some Class 5 teams and possibly Class 6 teams around the state that couldn't play with any of these three teams

These three teams probably had no choice but to play each other. I doubt too many teams around the state were lined up to Riverheads, LB and Appo. Dominant programs have a lot of trouble finding non conference games, especially Riverheads since they are Class 1. There are some Class 5 teams and possibly Class 6 teams around the state that couldn't play with any of these three teams
Agree , just would like to see injury free contest .

Heard LB declined to play Salem. I’d like to see Salem play a NC or Richmond area team next go round to take Martinsburg’s spot.
Salem would prefer to stay in the state if possible. If they can't find a 10th game they could seek another out of state game. This is how the Martinsburg matchup happened.

Appomattox has to play another recent two time Class 3 finalist Heritage at Lynchburg City Stadium the Friday before The Raiders host Lord Botetourt at Bragg Stadium.

If I'm not mistaken, this senior class at Appo is one they have talked about being similar to the 2016 season, meaning....Appo is going to be dynamite and may have on paper at least, the best or second best team they've had during this run. An Appo fan can speak more to that. I may be wrong. This means a bunch and Appo has the athletes and quick striking ability to cause LB problems. No offense to LB. I think Appo beats LB by 7 points.

With Riverheads, it seems their style gives speedy teams fits. They've always matched up well with teams like Galax, Lunenberg, Essex, etc. The teams that give them problems (and there aren't many of them) are more physical teams for example, former Lee-Staunton and/or Draft. I think this matchup is a bad one for Riverheads. It's tough to out grind LB and LB absolutely loves a game where it's run vs run, mono e Mano, smash it on the ground. This plays exactly in favor of LB and I think LB wins it by 13 points.

If Appo and Riverheads played, notice the swing in the above games in my opinion would be a 20 point difference in Appo and Riverheads with LB. Well, if the two played directly (Appo vs Riverheads) I think it would be much closer because Riverheads seems to shine against athletic teams and thrives on gashing them on the ground, killing clock, and getting them out of rythm. Only my take on it.

ADVERTISEMENT