ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa 11-0 @ Monacan 11-0

who wins

• Monacan

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Louisa

Votes: 22 40.0%

• Total voters
This should be a great game. Louisa will have to shore up their run defense a bit, play well in the secondary and keep Fludd off the field to win this one.

Monacan has exceptional defensive backs, but have struggled a bit against teams who possess the ball with a pounding style running game. If Fludd is given time to throw he will give Louisa fits.

What, if any, are the differences for this Monacan team than the one that beat the Lions last year? I would say for Louisa, other than the loss of Quintin Ragland (big o and d lineman) to graduation, it’s the same group of kids, just way more healthy this year. That fact would seem counterintuitive to the fact that this Louisa plays there best kids both ways vs. last year just saving them for offense. This has made the defense a much better unit.

Unlike the Courtland game last night, the Lions will need to start faster vs. Monacan. Otherwise they might drown in a Fludd.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
Monacan was a team of mostly sophomores last year. We did lose DeAndre Williams and a few others to graduation but we had a stellar receiving core that replaced the ones we lost.

Monacan has a good power running game but we just hardly ever use it. We are much more balanced this year. Last year we only would swing at the head... this year, we like to throw body blows and occasionally swing for the head.

Fludd has looked crispy the last few weeks passing the ball deep and intermediate routes and he can do the short ones with his eyes closed. Korey Bridy is our staple every down back that can do it all. We have 4-5 guys on defense that are BEGGING for contact. Our DB's have had a few pick 6's and lots of into's this year. Monacan is really the sum of our parts.

Problem for Monacan continues to be silly turnovers and penalties in the opponents redzone. Also, bad drops have plagued us a bit.

We can get all fancy with the analysis but the ultimately the question is can the Chiefs contain the Lions running game? Key for both teams is to not fall behind more than 2 scores. Stay within striking distance is key. With both the Chiefs and Lions having big play capabilities a 3 score cushion is what you need to really have any sense of comfortability.

Monacan was a team of mostly sophomores last year. We did lose DeAndre Williams and a few others to graduation but we had a stellar receiving core that replaced the ones we lost.

Monacan has a good power running game but we just hardly ever use it. We are much more balanced this year. Last year we only would swing at the head... this year, we like to throw body blows and occasionally swing for the head.

Fludd has looked crispy the last few weeks passing the ball deep and intermediate routes and he can do the short ones with his eyes closed. Korey Bridy is our staple every down back that can do it all. We have 4-5 guys on defense that are BEGGING for contact. Our DB's have had a few pick 6's and lots of into's this year. Monacan is really the sum of our parts.

Problem for Monacan continues to be silly turnovers and penalties in the opponents redzone. Also, bad drops have plagued us a bit.

We can get all fancy with the analysis but the ultimately the question is can the Chiefs contain the Lions running game? Key for both teams is to not fall behind more than 2 scores. Stay within striking distance is key. With both the Chiefs and Lions having big play capabilities a 3 score cushion is what you need to really have any sense of comfortability.

I feel like these teams are pretty similar with the one edge going to Monacan with their balanced attack. Both teams have a lot of experienced players on both sides and should be a good matchup. I know it’s the game the Louisa kids have wanted since last year, especially Malik Bell, Louisa’s QB, who missed the game due to injury.

Will it be Friday at 7? How big are the visitors bleachers?

I feel like these teams are pretty similar with the one edge going to Monacan with their balanced attack. Both teams have a lot of experienced players on both sides and should be a good matchup. I know it’s the game the Louisa kids have wanted since last year, especially Malik Bell, Louisa’s QB, who missed the game due to injury.

Will it be Friday at 7? How big are the visitors bleachers?

We usually start at 7:30 and the visitors bleachers are big enough for your Louisa gang. Plenty of standing room along the fence as well.

We usually start at 7:30 and the visitors bleachers are big enough for your Louisa gang. Plenty of standing room along the fence as well.

Good deal. I will be there with my brother in law and nephew. Louisa usually travels well so hopefully we will have a full house on both sides. I missed that electric atmosphere this past weekend with the cold weather. Good thing those fans didn’t grow up in PA like I did. Once played in a playoff game that was 15 degrees at kickoff and we still had probably 2000 fans in the visiting bleachers and that was at a stadium 3 hours from home. Oh the good old days. College ball was ok but there was nothing like strapping those pads up on a Friday night. Representing your hometown and turning doubters into believers.

I will be rooting for whoever wins this game to represent 4B in the semifinals.

Reactions: mbonape1
Interesting Louisa fact. The Lions are 17-1 over the last two years when Malik Bell starts and finishes the game with the only loss at WA last year in a game where they muffed two punt snaps to give WA easy TDs. Will be fun to see him and Whalen play against a good defense.

Reactions: Lions1983
What, if any, are the differences for this Monacan team than the one that beat the Lions last year? I would say for Louisa, other than the loss of Quintin Ragland (big o and d lineman) to graduation, it’s the same group of kids, just way more healthy this year. That fact would seem counterintuitive to the fact that this Louisa plays there best kids both ways vs. last year just saving them for offense. This has made the defense a much better unit.

Unlike the Courtland game last night, the Lions will need to start faster vs. Monacan. Otherwise they might drown in a Fludd.
this u

I think lots of posts are fine as long as both sides are respectful. Debating how or why someone will win is why this place exists. Trashing players and/or teams mostly because you don't like individual posters is the problem I find. And the worst part for Louisa is some blowhard that was on here for the past 5 years has caused everyone else on the board to dislike Louisa without cause. These players are kids and don't deserve that type of harassment.

As a fan I'm just excited for the kids to have this opportunity. Now is the time for these boys to man up and leave everything on the field. Because one of these days soon this group of seniors won't get another opportunity to take that field together. For the rest of their lives these boys will think about this night. What a great fight and win it was or what could have been? As long as they know they gave it all for themselves and their teammates, nothing else will matter. They don't play for their coaches, parents, or dumb fans like us. They play for the guy next to them. Be true to them and leave no doubt. Lets go Lions!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT