ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa 48 Chancellor 14

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Yep, Louisa is as good as advertised. Big and quick! The Chargers just couldn't contain them. I look for the Lions to make a deep run in the playoffs. Chancellor is learning and growing. They are going to right the ship. They just have to get past the tough schedule that starts this season.

On to Riverbend next week!

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Louisa is loaded! Lots of size and quickness. They are poised to make a run this year!

Chancellor has some pieces, but are indeed very young. We can't gather much from this game about either team, besides the heart everyone showed. The good news is, I heard Chancellor's starting QB's injury isn't nearly as bad as once thought, and he should return soon.

Reactions: mbonape1
Louisa is for real. The two areas I felt they need improvement in special teams and defense are 1000% better than last year.They have their best players on defense this year and it shows. Anything less that 10-0 Will be a disappointment.

We finally have a kicker who can kick 40+ yard FGs, and can kick it almost in the endzone. The question is, are we willing to consistently do it? He's a first time kicker coming from soccer, and a senior, we must get the most of this weapon.

Louisa vs C'ville will tell us a lot. Powhatan just lost to midlothian. How is Albermarke and Orange this year?

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Louisa vs C'ville will tell us a lot. Powhatan just lost to midlothian. How is Albermarke and Orange this year?
I would guess Orange is down from last year. They only beat Culpeper by 10 last night. Orange plays Eastern View next.

I would guess Orange is down from last year. They only beat Culpeper by 10 last night. Orange plays Eastern View next.

So C'ville is the only team that could possibly give Louisa a blemish in the reg season? Or is there someone else I am over looking?

Western Albemarle, whether they're exceptional quality or not, is always an achilles heel for Louisa, like last year. Louisa will have to be ready and healthy for that game. I consider it the most important of the regular season. Can't slip up again against a 3A team, especially when the rest of the schedule isn't strong this year. A loss to Charlottesville wouldn't be so bad if the Lions win every other game, and Charlottesville keeps winning until then.

So C'ville is the only team that could possibly give Louisa a blemish in the reg season? Or is there someone else I am over looking?

I would agree with Hoos and say Western is who Louisa needs to worry about (besides maybe us). Looking at our schedule, we SHOULD (but does not mean we will be) be 7-1 by the week we play Louisa. We have Harrisonburg (should win easily) then our bye then Orange and Powhatan (teams we always struggle with but both are down this year) then Fluvanna for our hoco (W) then we go to AHS and have Western at home. Those two will definitely be tough, but I honestly believe we will win both games. Then Louisa/Cville will be a huge game. Orange is definitely down from last year, as is Powhatan. Monticello is underrated I would say, and Western will show us who they are this week against Lord Botetourt.

I would agree with Hoos and say Western is who Louisa needs to worry about (besides maybe us). Looking at our schedule, we SHOULD (but does not mean we will be) be 7-1 by the week we play Louisa. We have Harrisonburg (should win easily) then our bye then Orange and Powhatan (teams we always struggle with but both are down this year) then Fluvanna for our hoco (W) then we go to AHS and have Western at home. Those two will definitely be tough, but I honestly believe we will win both games. Then Louisa/Cville will be a huge game. Orange is definitely down from last year, as is Powhatan. Monticello is underrated I would say, and Western will show us who they are this week against Lord Botetourt.

Don't know about either team, and certainly it seems as though Harrisonburg isn't what they used to be under Sarver, but I wouldn't just assume they would be an easy win. When SD used to be in Valley, I certainly disliked them, and honestly I would pull for Charlottesville so that isn't the reason, but Lord Botetourt beat Harrisonburg 28-7 and it was 7-7 at half. I think I remember reading they also have a 3 year starter at QB.

Based on nothing but a guess, I would say Harrisonburg is 1-3 in valley. I would also venture to guess that besides Fort Defiance, Broadway is at the bottom. If I were a betting man, which I am not and I obviously dont win these pickems, but I would say Harrisonburg is better than last year and just a guess would be 3rd/4th in Jefferson behind Louisa, Charlottesville, and Albemarle

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Great kid and an underrated player. Makes great open field tackles. He is also this week's Schewels Athlete of the Week.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT