ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa 54 King George 12

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
Although the scores don't indicate it, King George is still a scrappy and pretty well coached team, it's just they lost about 25 seniors, and most of their upcoming talent is on JV. For Louisa, the Jarett Hunter show was cut short (he played very well again), as Malik Bell didn't start, but ended up coming in during the 2nd quarter. Brandon Smith looks good running the ball, and 6' 7" receiver Mark Carter had a nice deep TD reception. But IMO, the brightest spot of the night was the Kicker, Thomas Henley. He put the ball in the endzone a few times, hit a field goal, and got better as the game went on. I can't say I remember the last time a Louisa kicker did all that. KG started in terrible field position all night, including from the 1 yard line, which resulted in a safety.

Good win Louisa and Hoos. Still four undefeated region b class 4 schools. Three from the Richmond poll area. Eastern View is the other. If Dinwiddie can beat Thomas Dale (??), Louisa beats Charlottesville, Monacan can get by Bird and Manchester, and EV wins out as expected Region B will be a mess. Louisa is rolling and will be a force come playoff time.

A four team race in region b. Eastern View, dinwiddie, Louisa, and Monacan are the top 4. Dinwiddie schedule is much tougher if they stay healthy coming out of this schedule then they are going to have a huge edge because they have been battle tested.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Western Albemarle nearly beating a tough, talented and physical Botetourt team just reaffirmed my belief that Louisa needs that win at WA the most. The Charlottesville game should be a classic, though.

Sounds like WA is Louisas nemesis and I get it. Thomas Dale is always ours. Louisa is on a destiny and for once I am a believer. Good luck to the Lions.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I heard a crazy story about how the kicker ended up on the team. Said he had never kicked a football before but was a soccer kid in one of the coaches classes last spring. Coach challenged him to go out one day and kick, nailed a 35 yarder on his first try and the rest is history as they say. Too bad he is a senior already, Louisa could use a kid like this every year. Otherwise they usually just squib or those crazy pop-ups from back in '06. If I remember right, a bad call on one of those cost them a better shot at a state title back then.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Yeah, it's interesting how the posters in the Salem/Dinwiddie thread talk about how bad the inadvertent whistle on the kickoff was, when that's how Louisa got screwed in 2006 against Amherst in the state title game, when forcing a fumble and turnover on the kickoff. I don't think I'll truly get over it until Louisa wins one....

Sounds like WA is Louisas nemesis and I get it. Thomas Dale is always ours. Louisa is on a destiny and for once I am a believer. Good luck to the Lions.
It's a lot of season left. Louisa should run the table, as I mentioned before their lack of depth is my concern for them in playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT