ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa at Dinwiddie

Who wins

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • Louisa

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
I am 52 and cant see well at night either. If we both are lucky enough to make it to the semis I may be able to get you someone to ride with to Dinwiddie. No hard feelings. We are trying hard to upgrade things. One thing at a time.
Your a youngster! In 7 days I am, gulp!, 66.

Reactions: Gunz41
Thank you sir. Again, I may regret it , but I have wanted this game for years. Friday, cant come soon enough. Both fan bases will be fired up and provide an electric environment. No war of words coming from my end. Totally focussed on making this game the best experience I can for both fan bases. Concessions, tickets, announcer, sound system, field maintence, parking, media and anything else is being reviewed. Drive careful Lions fans.
No war of words here either. My daughter is on the Radford Volleyball team. I was able to spend the day in the gym cheering her team on. They won the Big South and now a trip to the NCAA VB Tournament. So a day away from HS football and now I'm re-energized.

@Loiusadad, could you or another Louisa poster please provide me with some stats for the Lions. I have received a bunch of media request already and would like to prepare a media briefing of your team. I do this every game and it is provided to the media outlets along with both teams rosters. I have received a lot of positive feedback and it helps the kids get recognition. The more information you can give me the better. Rushing, passing, receptions, tackles, special teams. Anything you can provide will help. This is a very short week, so I need to get on this ASAP! Thanks in advance. Feel free to come by the press box before the game and you can see what I provide the media.

So tomorrow starts the beginning of on field preparations for these two teams. Louisa had a very impressive win last Friday over a sound Monacan team while Dinwiddie edged a very underappreciated and talented EV.

Both teams like to run the ball and force the other team to stop it. Louisa, has a ton of weapons in the backfield and have proven they can throw it effectively to keep you guessing. Dinwiddie, is a bit more balanced offensively (pass -run), but will keep it on the ground if its working.

Both quarterbacks (Pope and Bell) have been on fire of late and will easily draw the most attention from their opponents.

The running backs Whalen (Louisa) and Sturdivant (Dinwiddie) can bust one at anytime. Both teams have other backs who carry the mail well too.

Both teams have highly recruited linebackers who could likely play a major role in this game.

Can Dinwiddie's defense slow down the Louisa's run game and force them into passing situations? Can Louisa's defense defend Dinwiddies passing game and limit Sturdivant to minimmal yardage on the ground?

Dinwiddie has contained the run well in the last 9 games, but the beef of Louisa concerns me. It will take a strong effort from the front seven to keep Louisa from controlling the clock. The secondary has to be ready for the pass and also offer support on the backside. Forcing a few punts would help the cause.

Louisa, must defend the run between the tackles without loading up the box. Their secondary is their nemesis, but is capable. Giving Pope time to find receivers will be important.

This game could evolve into a battle of wills. Who wants it more?

So I maybe the resident expert here on this topic having just played Louisa, having seen about 8 of the Loins games on film in their entirety, seeing About 8 of Dinwiddie's full games on film and having a familiarity with Dinwiddie as an opponent and running the exact same offense as Monacan... SO:

Dinwiddie:
Needs D-line to focus on gap control and not venture too far into the backfield. Bell hesitates and Monacans D line was running past him creating natural lanes for him to squirt through. Needs to get stops on 4th down. Louisa doesn't punt unless they are pinned deep in their own territory. Stop Bell at all costs... Makes someone else beat you. If someone else beats you then so be it! Take away the run.... (easier said then done) and force Louisa to play fast and throw. Bell can pass but it is hard to just play fast for a half if it is not your bread and butter. Do the little things right bc Louisa will. Louisa has an old school offense without a lot of "moving parts" it is easier to play mistake free penalty free football. Their offense is an old truck that doesn't have all the fancy dials and has manual windows but it never breaks down and starts every time you put the key in!

Louisa:
Take away something. I say the run. Stop Peety Pope at all costs. Make him beat you with the pass and don't let him run all over you. Don't fall behind by more than 2 scores early. 3 scores is the point of no return. Don't kick it to Josiah Williams on the KO, make Dinwiddie march the field. This is Brandon Smith's opportunity to shine on the BIG STAGE. Need him to have a game and make a scoring impact somewhere. Louisa needs a defensive TD somewhere to win this one. Dinwiddie is a crisper more discipline version of Monacan, with more size and a better running team but not as good of a passing team. Be careful throwing the ball over the middle, Pope has a history of taking those to the house in he gets an interception. Monacan provided a good trial run for Louisa last week in terms of preparing for Dinwiddie.

Home field and a better kicker swings the favorite to Dinwiddie. I say they have a 60% chance to come away victorious.

I don't think either team will be able to consistently stop the other. Who can get stops determines this one! You know, just another day in class 4 region B football!

I am 52 and cant see well at night either. If we both are lucky enough to make it to the semis I may be able to get you someone to ride with to Dinwiddie. No hard feelings. We are trying hard to upgrade things. One thing at a time.
From some of the comments I hear at the softball games you call, you don't see too well in the daytime either!
:p:p:p:p:p Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Great job there, mbonape. You certainly have been in the position to provide us with an accurate analysis.
Thank you sir.

Reactions: mbonape1
I don’t believe Louisa is gonna beat Dinwiddie running the ball consistently. If they can pass and it doesn’t have to be deep passes they can win. Dinwiddie’s secondary is not very good and can be had. I believe Louisa is a more favorable matchup than Monacan for that very reason. Should be interesting though can’t wait to see it!

@Loiusadad, could you or another Louisa poster please provide me with some stats for the Lions. I have received a bunch of media request already and would like to prepare a media briefing of your team. I do this every game and it is provided to the media outlets along with both teams rosters. I have received a lot of positive feedback and it helps the kids get recognition. The more information you can give me the better. Rushing, passing, receptions, tackles, special teams. Anything you can provide will help. This is a very short week, so I need to get on this ASAP! Thanks in advance. Feel free to come by the press box before the game and you can see what I provide the media.

Navy I cannot meet your needs for your request of stats. I think what you're doing is fantastic keep it up .

I don’t believe Louisa is gonna beat Dinwiddie running the ball consistently. If they can pass and it doesn’t have to be deep passes they can win. Dinwiddie’s secondary is not very good and can be had. I believe Louisa is a more favorable matchup than Monacan for that very reason. Should be interesting though can’t wait to see it!

One thing I will say is Louisa will be the best rushing team Dinwiddie has faced all year and Dinwiddie will be the best run defense Louisa has faced all year. Something has to give

Navy I cannot meet your needs for your request of stats. I think what you're doing is fantastic keep it up .
Wow, do you know of anyone I can contact to get this information. I have done some preliminary research through newspaper articles, but I would like something a bit more accurate. I had the same problem last week getting stats on EV. Of course I get the old "this isnt accurate" "Why is there more Dinwiddie stats than EV". I dont understand the secret. Just trying to give each kid their fair do.

Reactions: ForksUp
One thing I will say is Louisa will be the best rushing team Dinwiddie has faced all year and Dinwiddie will be the best run defense Louisa has faced all year. Something has to give
Louisa will not be able to run on dinwiddie. They will have to throw the ball to win and I’m not sure they can do it consistently enough to overcome the dinwiddie D.

Louisa will not be able to run on dinwiddie. They will have to throw the ball to win and I’m not sure they can do it consistently enough to overcome the dinwiddie D.

I don't know OC... Your saying they won't be able to run at all? I have Dinwiddie favored also, but that statement is a bit bizarre to me. When you say that what do you mean? Like they won't have 100 yards rushing as a team or just won't be able to win the game only running? They have some big boys out there. They could get 100 yards on accident. I'd be stunned if Louisa didn't at least have moderate success running the ball.

I don't know OC... Your saying they won't be able to run at all? I have Dinwiddie favored also, but that statement is a bit bizarre to me. When you say that what do you mean? Like they won't have 100 yards rushing as a team or just won't be able to win the game only running? They have some big boys out there. They could get 100 yards on accident. I'd be stunned if Louisa didn't at least have moderate success running the ball.
EV is way bigger than Louisa and still couldn’t run. Louisa will have have to definitely mix it up and hit dinwiddie where they are weak (secondary) and I’m not sure they have what it takes to do that for four quarters. They absolutely will not win the game only running

Reactions: CHUKNOW

When it comes to

Welcome to life as a rational Louisa supporter @mbonape1
Say something rational and in favor of Louisa and it must be false. Must say I spoke to Mr. Fludd and I believe number 1 after the game and both seemed like great young men. Wanted to congratulate both on a great season and a tremendous effort on Friday night. Always sad to see the seniors after a playoff loss.

Reactions: Lions1983
When it comes to

Welcome to life as a rational Louisa supporter @mbonape1
Say something rational and in favor of Louisa and it must be false. Must say I spoke to Mr. Fludd and I believe number 1 after the game and both seemed like great young men. Wanted to congratulate both on a great season and a tremendous effort on Friday night. Always sad to see the seniors after a playoff loss.
What I can’t speak on what I’ve seen for myself? I’ve seen Louisa and Dinwiddie so I can speak on it and give my opinion.

Wow, do you know of anyone I can contact to get this information. I have done some preliminary research through newspaper articles, but I would like something a bit more accurate. I had the same problem last week getting stats on EV. Of course I get the old "this isnt accurate" "Why is there more Dinwiddie stats than EV". I dont understand the secret. Just trying to give each kid their fair do.
I don't understand why you assume there's a secret. I cannot give you something I do know have.

I was not referring to you Louisadad or Louisa. I was talking about teams not posting stats or their unwillingness to provide them. I only asked you specifically, because I was told you were a coach or close to the program. Dinwiddie puts their stats in maxpreps for all to see. I have this trouble all the time. I am seriously considering just providing Dinwiddie stuff. Less work and headaches that way.

i was wondering if anyone else saw the ref at the lions/chiefs game mark the football on the 4th down play in the 4th qtr. the ball was marked at the 36 but by the time the ref that sets the ball it was rite at the 38. he spun around twice and when he was done the ball ended up rite at the 38.

Reactions: OCBoy
I was not referring to you Louisadad or Louisa. I was talking about teams not posting stats or their unwillingness to provide them. I only asked you specifically, because I was told you were a coach or close to the program. Dinwiddie puts their stats in maxpreps for all to see. I have this trouble all the time. I am seriously considering just providing Dinwiddie stuff. Less work and headaches that way.

No offense taken Navy. I do believe in what you do. I wish we had someone in our LC Nation organization that would do what you do. It's obvious you do it for the love and respect of the game. You do give the kids the recognition that they deserve because this game is about the kids . I will come up to the press box and introduce myself and to see Chuck and DP. Sorry but I will be off of preps until Saturday. I pray that all fans, players, coaches, band-members, cheerleaders and referees make it home safe Friday night.
Good Luck

No offense taken Navy. I do believe in what you do. I wish we had someone in our LC Nation organization that would do what you do. It's obvious you do it for the love and respect of the game. You do give the kids the recognition that they deserve because this game is about the kids . I will come up to the press box and introduce myself and to see Chuck and DP. Sorry but I will be off of preps until Saturday. I pray that all fans, players, coaches, band-members, cheerleaders and referees make it home safe Friday night.
Good Luck
Louisa dad don’t get me wrong if Louisa wins I’m all for it. Coach Fischer is a great guy and would want nothing more than him riding out with a trophy

I agree with you Navy. Why would a team not want to get their kids stats out there? It's not like every potential opponent doesn't see film on every game played.

I can understand it from under-staffed, under-supported, and grossly under-performing teams. But for a 12-0 team like Louisa? Do they not keep stats?

Heck, our statistician is printing ours for distribution within 30 seconds of the final play, literally.

Travel safe Louisadad. We will look forward to seeing you. I'm guessing there will be about 8-10 Preps members stopping by or in the booth.

1Gensfan, if you are seeing this, can I ask you to be our Preps official liaison? Hey guys, no sweeter lady exist.

Absolutely DP! I am sure I will be there around 5:30. Thank you again for kind words. I would love to meet some other posters, unfortunate for them I have the gift of gab LOL! You, Navy and Cavsgrad are 3of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of meeting. I look forward to Friday. Who am I kidding, i cant wait. Happy Thanksgiving to all and safe travels to all! No Black friday for me... its NAVY friday now!!!

I will be surprised if Louisa gets more than 100 yds rushing. They really need 2 guys who can consistently get open for passes.

I appreciate everyones comments; however, I for one respect Louisa's talent and running game. Has Dinwiddie played the run well since the Salem game and held some good teams in check, absolutely, but the Lions running backs size will present a tremendous challenge for the Generals.

If we can get penetration and avoid letting their backs to pick up steam the Dinwiddie defense will be okay. Let them get rolling and failure to play with discipline could make for a long night.

Personally, I think the key strategy will be our weak side linebackers staying at home and keeping Bell from exploiting the backside. He patiently waits for the defense to go with the flow, cuts back against the grain and he is gone. I feel fairly comfortable Coach Mills will prepare for this and Mullins/Tyree will not get sucked in.

Louisa has a history of going for it on fourth down in their own tertitory. If Dinwiddie can get some stops in these situations it will put pressure on the Lions D to defend a short field. Dinwiddie has capatalized on short fields all season and even if they dont find the end zone Anspach, the Generals kicker could pick up some key points via field goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
I appreciate everyones comments; however, I for one respect Louisa's talent and running game. Has Dinwiddie played the run well since the Salem game and held some good teams in check, absolutely, but the Lions running backs size will present a tremendous challenge for the Generals.

If we can get penetration and avoid letting their backs to pick up steam the Dinwiddie defense will be okay. Let them get rolling and failure to play with discipline could make for a long night.

Personally, I think the key strategy will be our weak side linebackers staying at home and keeping Bell from exploiting the backside. He is patiently waits for the defense to go with the flow, cuts back against the grain and he is gone. I feel fairly comfortable Coach Mills will prepare for this and Mullins/Tyree will not get sucked in.

Louisa has a history of going for it on fourth down in their own tertitory. If Dinwiddie can get some stops in these situations it will put pressure on the Lions D to defend a short field. Dinwiddie has capatalized on short fields all season and even if they dont find the end zone Anspach, the Generals kicker could pick up some key points via field goals.[/QUOTE
I don’t think the RB’s are the issue with Louisa. I just don’t think their line will be able to clear a path for them with any consistency.

EV is way bigger than Louisa and still couldn’t run. Louisa will have have to definitely mix it up and hit dinwiddie where they are weak (secondary) and I’m not sure they have what it takes to do that for four quarters. They absolutely will not win the game only running

While I agree EV has a bigger line they certainly don't have bigger backs. Louisa has two 230lb+ runners plus Job Whalen who is tough as nails and a nice change of pace.

We will see... Like I said before something has to give one way or another. This will be the best running team Dinwiddie has faced and the best defense Louisa has faced in terms of stopping the run.

Reactions: one man and gwb16
I really do understand believe it or not. Five years ago before Wanner Stadium we played at our Cooley field, grass field with visitor stands the worst in all of Tidewater. When Liberty came down here for the playoffs in 2001, their ton of fans could not even find enough seats. I was embarrassed for us as a host. Believe me your current facilities are way better than our old Cooley field. At one end extra points went onto the nearby road some of the time. I admit I probably complain too much. My night vision is so bad now and I drive myself I worry too much. Apologies for the negative vibes. Damn I wish I was 50 again!
Extra Points and FG's OFTEN landed in the street...or as I have witnessed personally on numerous occasions, bounced off the roofs or hoods of passing cars...I absolutely loved old Cooley. The fans were right on top of the field. True, seating wasn't the best, but the grass field was still a great surface to play on. And the crowd was always raucous. I like Wanner, but I miss Cooley also...

Reactions: Lafayette
Extra Points and FG's OFTEN landed in the street...or as I have witnessed personally on numerous occasions, bounced off the roofs or hoods of passing cars...I absolutely loved old Cooley. The fans were right on top of the field. True, seating wasn't the best, but the grass field was still a great surface to play on. And the crowd was always raucous. I like Wanner, but I miss Cooley also...
All of the "older" stadiums are better for watching the game. I don't like any of the newer stadiums that incorporate the track. Just too far away from the action. I know it makes since from a financial standpoint. I haven't been to any "newer" stadium and thought "wow...this is great".

Reactions: gwb16
Question for Dinwiddie posters. Has Dinwiddie played anyone this year that runs a single wing offense?
Also get ready!! The infamous Skynyrd 1 will be at the game friday!!

The first time a catcher turns around on me in a game or ask where the pitch was. I always say I didnt see It, but it sounded good. Always get a chuckle and we move on.
The best response I've ever heard! LOL!

No, Thomas Dale runs the wing t and Salem power I. Everyone else we have played runs a version of the spread. We played Courtland last year and I thought their slow developing plays played right into our defensive strengths.

I think Coach Mills and Coach Davis are well versed in the single wing from their playing/coaching days in Southwest Virginia.

I watched the Louisa and Monacan game via video and I think we will tackle much better than Monacan did. Will it translate to a win? Hope so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT