ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa & Fluvanna

Does anyone give Fluvanna a fighting chance in this one? It appears as if the new coach has transformed FluCo on both sides of the ball. They have beaten teams this year that blew them out last year. I'm guessing for them to have a chance it must be a low scoring game. How do they match up size-wise on the lines?

Fluvanna had close wins and losses in the district. Louisa has defeated all district opponents by multiple touchdowns with the exception of Powhatan.
That being said its all about match-ups and who comes ready to play.
As they say, on any given Friday, err Saturday (or is it Thursday? Monday maybe? Who knows this year.)

Reactions: 1Gensfan
louisa SHOULD win this one but like a wise man said that's why we play the game. go lions and keep the mistakes to a minimum.

We have to keep it low to win and if Louisa gets a lot of possessions we are in trouble. Coach Patrick does a great job running a high octane offense. Like I said one of the best young minds in the area. Love to see us upset them but we have to play best ball ever and get some breaks. I still love my team and wish us the best tomorrow. I really think next year we will be real tough.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Does anyone give Fluvanna a fighting chance in this one? It appears as if the new coach has transformed FluCo on both sides of the ball. They have beaten teams this year that blew them out last year. I'm guessing for them to have a chance it must be a low scoring game. How do they match up size-wise on the lines?

Fluvanna is the most improved team in the district by a mile. Even if they lose and finish 6-4, Morris has my vote for District COY. Def been in the weightroom, disciplined and scrappy. That QB is going to be very good. Fluvanna could certainly give them a game but having played them both, Louisa is more talented and should win. I'm just hoping both teams stay healthy and win some playoff games. Respect to both teams.

Reactions: OCBoy
I have to disagree about district COY. If the Lions win this game, how do you not give it to Patrick? He is a first year head coach also who had to replace 17 of 22 starters from last years team including 10/11 on offense and they are undefeated. Don’t get me wrong Fluvanna’s coach has done a nice job but they are the 4th best team in a district that isn’t very good this year. To me the best way to solve it is that the winner of the game on Saturday should get COY.

if you look at all the preseason talk louisa was not supposed to have done this especially with a new coach. the district may be down but they still beat several winning record teams and most of those are going to payoffs so yes coach Patrick should be considered the front runner.

Reactions: Rev_Real
I have to disagree about district COY. If the Lions win this game, how do you not give it to Patrick? He is a first year head coach also who had to replace 17 of 22 starters from last years team including 10/11 on offense and they are undefeated. Don’t get me wrong Fluvanna’s coach has done a nice job but they are the 4th best team in a district that isn’t very good this year. To me the best way to solve it is that the winner of the game on Saturday should get COY.

I don't consider Patrick a first year head coach, he's been running that show for a few years now although Fischer had the title Head Coach. Louisa lost a huge group of seniors but they still returned the top two players in the district, Hunter and Smith. Anybody who has been around the district, especially coaches, already knew they were still going to be the best team in the district by a good margin. I'm not taking away from Patrick's coaching ability or his unbeaten season but I was personally more impressed by what happened at Fluvanna because I expected Louisa to go 10-0. Didn't expect Fluvanna to go 6-4. I would be willing to bet Patrick would vote Morris for COY because they used to coach together.

if you look at all the preseason talk louisa was not supposed to have done this especially with a new coach. the district may be down but they still beat several winning record teams and most of those are going to payoffs so yes coach Patrick should be considered the front runner.

Preseason talk from who? People around the state who had no idea what Louisa had coming up from JV or out of the shadows of that huge senior class? Or people who also coach in the district and knew all offseason, Louisa was going to be hands down the best team in the district? To think Louisa wasn't going to run through their schedule, you weren't paying attention. Morris will go 6-4 with a team that won 3 games the past 5 years, while Patrick went 10-0 with the defending state runner up who also returned a high school all american at LB. I understand you guys wanting to vote your guy though. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it but rather that Morris deserves it a little more. Co-COY would be a good option as well as OCBoy suggested.

Preseason talk from who? People around the state who had no idea what Louisa had coming up from JV or out of the shadows of that huge senior class? Or people who also coach in the district and knew all offseason, Louisa was going to be hands down the best team in the district? To think Louisa wasn't going to run through their schedule, you weren't paying attention. Morris will go 6-4 with a team that won 3 games the past 5 years, while Patrick went 10-0 with the defending state runner up who also returned a high school all american at LB. I understand you guys wanting to vote your guy though. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it but rather that Morris deserves it a little more. Co-COY would be a good option as well as OCBoy suggested.
ok chill and don't take it personal. at the beginning of the year hoos was talking like they were world beaters and ppl didn't agree me being one of them. you don't lose that many starters and still think they are going to be undefeated you just don't if your realistic. who knew the rest of the district would be that weak. ppl didn't think they would beat courtland much less shut them out. the really big thing here is that was my OPINION, everyone has one and that was mine so its all good I'm sure the folks that decide COY will make a good decision.

ok chill and don't take it personal. at the beginning of the year hoos was talking like they were world beaters and ppl didn't agree me being one of them. you don't lose that many starters and still think they are going to be undefeated you just don't if your realistic. who knew the rest of the district would be that weak. ppl didn't think they would beat courtland much less shut them out. the really big thing here is that was my OPINION, everyone has one and that was mine so its all good I'm sure the folks that decide COY will make a good decision.
oh here is one guy knocking the main part of louisas success. sorry I did it this way im not real good with this quoting thing. "The same thing was said about Curtis Grant (Hermitage) and we saw how he panned out, I wish the kid nothing but the best but when you get to the next level there’s a difference in quality of play and style of play. Some players aren’t cut for certain conferences, Big 10 is physical football with Big lineman who come down hill, blue collar style football, think Wisconsin and Iowa and etc whom aren’t the best teams but the beat you up in the trenches and in the box consistently. Again I’d like to see him flourish but only time will tell, rankings are exactly what they are rankings, they hold no bearing on what actually happens on the field. There are several top ranked recruits who don’t pan out as they were hyped. I’m just here to temper expectations and let the kid go there and compete without people painting him as the next best thing and then be perplexed if he doesn’t meet what people believe he could’ve been."

Never personal my man, it's a message board. I'm just asking questions. Our season is over so I feel comfortable throwing my opinion out here now as well.
I'm surprised that you didn't think they'd still be really good. They've played in JV Championship 5 of past 6 years, winning 3 if I'm not mistaking. That's with the best 2-5 soph/fresh playing varsity.
Patrick is legit and he has got a great staff. They've got a program built over there. Different team than last year though. The offense last year would take your will 3 yards and a cloud of dust. They are more versatile on offense but less dominant compared to last year IMO. Defensively they are smaller than last year but also faster. I wouldn't be surprised to see them back in the title game. It's all about match ups. Good Luck Lions!

Saturdays game proves that if louisa has the same start against a team like ev or the generals they wont survive. when hunter runs for 2oo yards and they are tied at the half because of sloppy play those teams will make them pay. great d for louisa no doubt but these are great teams and you cant let them get out on you.

EV is the best team in 4B. More explosive than everyone with Lowry at QB

Going to be interesting to say the least. I've seen EV on tape twice. Just like all the other 4B teams, they were better last year IMO. They are still a very good football team that is capable of making a run. I like Lowry a lot but it'll be interesting to see how much scrambling he can do with Smith on the other side of the field. I have seen Louisa, EV and Dinwiddie multiple times but haven't seen Monacan yet. The other three teams are all capable of beating each other. Louisa having home field, I give them a slight edge. They really play well in front of the home crowd. Who can put me on to some Monacan game tape?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT