ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISA @ N stafford scrimmage

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Last season I warned the Jefferson dist. about a young and up coming team the Louisa lions full of young puppies! well Wednesday night they started growing up right in front of our eyes! yes they only could play only a half as lightning stopped the game at half time but I saw what was a very good N Stafford team beat Louisa 3 TD's to 2. don't let the score fool you the lions played a good NS team toe to toe! the lions with the exception of 1 running TD shut down the wolverine teams running game. NS passed well on the young lion defense but that will happen to most teams that play NS. Quinton Ragland was a beast living in the NS back field and the NS line could not stop him. he tackled runners in the backfield for losses two or three times and sacked the QB once. bring your A game when you line up against Quinton.
On offense the puppies have grown up like I predicted as Raycon Jones, Job Whalen and the 245 lb qb Mlik Bell had a bang up game. Bell that looks more like a full back rather than a qb accounted for both lion scores throwing a beautiful 60 yrd strike right on the money to a up and coming tall SO receiver Brandon Washington (I think that was his name) and then a beautiful 10 yard run for the second score. a 10 yard run don't sound like much but he was hit 5 yards deep in the backfield and threw the tacklers off like pop sickle sticks reversed field and ran over 2 more tacklers for the TD. Jefferson Dist. fair warning as I warned you Malik will have to be tackled by grown men as arm tackling him wont get it with this stud. last night me and the 2 friends that came with me noticed that of the 5 0r 6 times Bell ran last night not one time did the first tackler bring him down. he completely destroyed the first tackler and took 2 or three to bring the 245 pounder to the ground. remember this was not fluvana it was a good upper division triple A team picked to finish first or second in the commonwealth dist one of the strongest dist in the state!
IMO the lions have arrived and the dist better take them serious. they are no longer door matts so take it from a person that has seen many teams over the years they are for real! Oh by the way, most of the team SO and JR's especially the skilled people in the back field so don't think this team is a 1 yr wonder! you will have to put up with them in the future also! I will go out on a limb and predict they will be close too or at the top of the JD and go deep in the playoffs if their defense comes around and coach Fisher finds a punter! GOOD LUCK LIONS ! looks like it will be a good year!

Last season I warned the Jefferson dist. about a young and up coming team the Louisa lions full of young puppies! well Wednesday night they started growing up right in front of our eyes! yes they only could play only a half as lightning stopped the game at half time but I saw what was a very good N Stafford team beat Louisa 3 TD's to 2. don't let the score fool you the lions played a good NS team toe to toe! the lions with the exception of 1 running TD shut down the wolverine teams running game. NS passed well on the young lion defense but that will happen to most teams that play NS. Quinton Ragland was a beast living in the NS back field and the NS line could not stop him. he tackled runners in the backfield for losses two or three times and sacked the QB once. bring your A game when you line up against Quinton.
On offense the puppies have grown up like I predicted as Raycon Jones, Job Whalen and the 245 lb qb Mlik Bell had a bang up game. Bell that looks more like a full back rather than a qb accounted for both lion scores throwing a beautiful 60 yrd strike right on the money to a up and coming tall SO receiver Brandon Washington (I think that was his name) and then a beautiful 10 yard run for the second score. a 10 yard run don't sound like much but he was hit 5 yards deep in the backfield and threw the tacklers off like pop sickle sticks reversed field and ran over 2 more tacklers for the TD. Jefferson Dist. fair warning as I warned you Malik will have to be tackled by grown men as arm tackling him wont get it with this stud. last night me and the 2 friends that came with me noticed that of the 5 0r 6 times Bell ran last night not one time did the first tackler bring him down. he completely destroyed the first tackler and took 2 or three to bring the 245 pounder to the ground. remember this was not fluvana it was a good upper division triple A team picked to finish first or second in the commonwealth dist one of the strongest dist in the state!
IMO the lions have arrived and the dist better take them serious. they are no longer door matts so take it from a person that has seen many teams over the years they are for real! Oh by the way, most of the team SO and JR's especially the skilled people in the back field so don't think this team is a 1 yr wonder! you will have to put up with them in the future also! I will go out on a limb and predict they will be close too or at the top of the JD and go deep in the playoffs if their defense comes around and coach Fisher finds a punter! GOOD LUCK LIONS ! looks like it will be a good year!
They will have to produce come regular season before I become a believer...

I'll be happy to see Fischer getting them back to respectability

After what I saw last night against NS and tonight's Charlottesville scrimmage against Brookville: Louisa, Charlottesville, and Orange (yes Orange, their JV QB last year was the truth and he's moved up and has talent around him) will be at the top of the JD, in whatever order.

Monticello, Albemarle, and Western might have something to say about that. All are very good. Jefferson should be very wide open. Outside of Fluvanna, I think any team can beat any other team on a given Friday night.

Just some corrections on names, it's RaQuan Jones. Jones at 5' 11" 205 (#5 in my avatar, Bell is #7) also ran over and dragged people on a few runs. The WR who caught the TD was Kobie Washington, a senior. The sophomore you're thinking about is 6' 5" TE/WR and OLB Brandon Smith. Easy name to remember, and he will be remembered. He's from Louisa, started at FUMA last year, now he's back. Job Whalen, our best RB, has barely carried it in the preseason, doesn't need to. Ragland is a beast and has looks from ODU, JMU, and VT. He will play defensive end, but another pleasant surprise is our other defensive end, I believe he's one of our two transfers from Spotsylvania. The defensive line looked very strong. Louisa has a few wideouts 6' 2" and over that will get plenty of action in the new offense. Louisa also has transfers from Chancellor and Albemarle. Most of NS's offense came from quick passes to the flats since Louisa played 10 yards off, clearly it wasn't a focus. To contain NS's D1 RB with all that speed that well, I'm very happy.
Thanks for the spellings and the players as in scrimmages the numbers don't jive with the players sometime and I got some off max preps that didn't jive! I know about the Smith kid that transferred back to Louisa from fork union as that's Rico's son a good basketball player also! Thanks again !

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Always the same story. Fluvanna will be at the bottom that is for sure. I am not sold on the district being any good for starters. The daily progress wrote a column a few weeks back stating how poor the district as a whole has been in the playoffs since 2008. We will see what plays out but Louisa should be district champs as much talk about these young kids has been going on for two years. Main question for Louisa is can they throw the ball and what is their line like. Alot of skill returns but they lost their entire starting line. Sherando will be a good test to see where lions stand.

Until I see or hear more about Powhatan, Orange and C'ville currently scare me the most.
OK. The perennial ballast of the JD scare you the most. Surprised you didn't put the Fluccos on your list. You said the same thing about CVille last year. Do you really need to know anything about this year's Indians to understand you go with the program. Much to learn grass hopper. GL to Louisa this year.

I always like those guys and the two beasts in the backfield this season will define 4 yards and a cloud of dust. The Lions will be very tough to stop offensively. Just keep running the ball. Nobody in the JD will be able to withstand that kind of pounding all night long. Patience.

Last edited:
No he hasn't , but if that's what you were told it wasn't a lie coming from me. It came from one of your own. And that is a fact. You guys keep on going at it, I'm not in your battle.

My understanding everybody is undefeated at this point. Yes there are some teams that should rise to the top. And yes I would put my team there it should rise to the top but we are dealing with 18-year-old and under kids. If we play on tradition there is no reason to snap the ball. And there are many unanswered questions for our Louisa Lions. The only game that matters is the one this Friday when we travel to Sherando. After that game win or lose we will look to the next game.

I have been wondering about you lately Shauntclair, why is it ? When you want to make a point it seems like there is a objective to talk down to someone on a personal basis? Dude loves his team but he is not out there claiming they are world beaters.
Due respect. I would explain but your point is taken. Thanks for putting it out there.

Where did that come from?
Old feud, not sure of the genesis, but it is obviously ingrained. From someone who occasionally counsels people, peacemaking is my middle name. I am friends with both @hamspear & @HoosFan05. As both of your friends, can I ask that both of you gentlemen put the past behind you and have a reset for this year? I know if you have been on here long enough posting, someone will get on your bad side. (myself included) I know with the big game coming up it will be hard not to bring up the past and depending on the outcome things could get ugly. Let's just have a do over, if we can please? It worked for you and I earlier this year Hoos, see if it can work with you and Hamspear as well.

Hey do like I do and use the ignored user button. I don't have time to play the back and forth on here and it's helped me out a lot.

@OCBoy I have tried using the ignore feature on those two posters multiple times. The problem is that the sane posters always respond to them, so I have to click "show ignored content" to get the gist of the conversation.

Reactions: OCBoy
@OCBoy I have tried using the ignore feature on those two posters multiple times. The problem is that the sane posters always respond to them, so I have to click "show ignored content" to get the gist of the conversation.
I ignore that stuff it's ignored content to me not meant to be read then...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT