ADVERTISEMENT

louisa v charlottesvill

A poster PM'd me the other day that this is the best Louisa team ever. I said I thought the 2006 team was better. Well after tonight, I agree with him.

Reactions: Lions1983
Yeh looked like Charlottesville played there normal defense tonight . Congrats on the win. And I agree this could be best Louisa team ever , but you only have one other year in the modern era to compare with. Not a hard decision. Still need to play a team that has a defense. But you can’t help your schedule is full of cupcakes this year. Sometimes you make the schedule when teams are good, then when you play them they are horrible those years. That’s where i put Louisa now. They have TCB’d well, see what happens in the playoffs . Definitely reason for some excitement though, always feels good to be unsdefeated.

Reactions: OCBoy
1ye5cl.jpg

More tequila shots! :);):D:p:eek::rolleyes:

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Statement game by Louisa. How did C'ville manage to fumble 3 straight KO returns in a row? That is hard to do! Did that actually happen I saw that update on twitter last night?

Did C'ville have any fight in the 2nd half or had Louisa already called off the dogs? Was C'ville's points on Louisa's second team?

The fact that it was out of hand so early has to be disturbing for a C'ville playoff run. Very encouraging for the Louisa faithful who pummeled a team that almost beat Glass in week 1.

Reactions: VolNation85
Sounds like Louisa was well prepared after C'villes smackdown last season. That game has been circled since last year.

I tip my hat to the Lions. They are a very good football team that will be tough to eliminate come playoff time. With that said, a blocked punt for TD and 3 consecutive fumbles on kick returns, all in the first quarter I might add, did us in last night. The first fumble, our guys knee was down but they missed it, the 2nd fumble you can't tell on film as it was in a pile. The third was off an onside kick that bounced off our guys chest. It was 34-0 before our offense had their 2nd possession. Louisa's average starting field position in the first half was our 40 yard line. They had 6 possessions(7 if you count the blocked punt as possession) 1st half and we had 3. Can't do that against a good team.

They played the starters the entire game on both sides, as they should at this point. Must get guys conditioned for 4 quarters. We fought in the 2nd half. Both teams had 3 possessions in the 2nd half with the running clock. We scored on all three drives against their 1's. They scored on their first two drives, went victory formation on their final possession.

They rolled up 354 on the ground and another 82 in the air. We ran for 219 and 48 through the air. They were the better team last night.

Shouts to Job Whalen, love the way that kids plays and carries himself. He was getting after his teammates on our final scoring drive, with them up 62-20. You can tell how much he loves the game and he plays with a ton of passion.

Good Luck to Louisa in the playoffs, rep the JD! I've seen Dinwiddie and EV, haven't seen Monacan. Louisa can play with anybody IMO. They aren't unbeatable. They have a few weak spots on both sides but they've got some dudes that can more than make up for it.

We've got a lot of things to work on before Monticello visits Friday. I will go back into hiding now until our season is complete.

Last edited:
If anyone's watching Penn State right now or have seen them play, that's Louisa's offense now. I think what made me really happy last night was the run/pass option game, Mark Carter going off in the first half, Malik Bell throwing frozen ropes, and the new center, who's a sophomore, playing perfectly for the second week. We didn't run any single wing at all but it's still nice to have in the pocket. Can't wait to see how we do in a few weeks against good defenses.

Reactions: gtidepride
After the first quarter, it was 28-27 Louisa. And all of Lousia's possessions came from kickoff fumbles. What a frustrating night for us. Jeez!

Thanks for clarifying...I figured it was in response to some smack talk. He has the ability to respond with his playing ability without letting them get in his head.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
@Lions1983 I wasn't going to hijack the other thread, but there's more to the "pointing at the scoreboard" story. This came to me from the chain crew at halftime, but a C'ville assistant coach (not one man) told his players to try to get into Smith's head and get him ejected. So when the kids did that, Smith just pointed at the scoreboard. I agree Smith shouldn't have done anything at all, but at least he didn't do anything more and kept his composure.

Come on with this mess! You work in the same building as all of us. You know good and well you can check the validity of something like this before spewing it on here. You're making our staff and kids look like something they are not. I, for one, don't appreciate it.

We teach our kids to play football and let your play do the talking. We never under any circumstance instruct our kids to get opponents ejected. Completely ludicrous. I won't say anymore on here, save your reply for when I see you on Monday.

@one man I thought nothing of it, that kind of thing happens everywhere and all the time in the heat of the moment, especially given the way the first half went. I know everyone on the staff are very good people, and never heard anything like that until this year. But Brandon Smith is like family to me, and a lot of people don't understand what he now goes through daily, on top of keeping his GPA as great as it is. But yeah we'll talk tomorrow.

Reactions: gwb16
@one man I thought nothing of it, that kind of thing happens everywhere and all the time in the heat of the moment, especially given the way the first half went. I know everyone on the staff are very good people, and never heard anything like that until this year. But Brandon Smith is like family to me, and a lot of people don't understand what he now goes through daily, on top of keeping his GPA as great as it is. But yeah we'll talk tomorrow.
You “thought nothing of it “ because you are not very bright , and you have no class. Honestly, who calls out the very people they work with every day. Such a cowardly move. But nothing less was expected from Hoosfan. Year after year.

I have to agree, Hoos. I don't believe for a minute that anyone associated with the Charlottesville program would ever suggest such behavior to one of their players. To say you were told by the chain gang? Really? That's a really good reason to try and smear the reputation of a bunch of high school kids.

I think you owe the Charlottesville football program an apology.

And while you are at it, you should also appologize to the Louisa community that you claim to represent. As a self pronounced "insider" with Louisa, you should be ashamed of proffering this kind of crap. You taint the whole Louisa program, and sully Coach Fischer's tremendous final season. Shame on you.

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
I told you guys this was going to be a beat down and I am telling you Louisa has not played anyone. They are good, but as I said earlier I don't know how good they have not played anyone. The battlefield is worse than the JD minus Eastern View. Louisa has the same weakness as the past a minimal passing game and poor pass defense. I do agree they are talented but as I said from week 1 I don't see them coming out of the region. I also question there team physicality. They do have some players that are physical but I am talking as a team. Good luck in the post season and I hope they prove me wrong at 11-1. I know hoos does not believe me when I say I want the JD to do well but I am old school and get tired of all this hype and the JD has not done crap in 8-10 years in the playoffs minus the Western Albemarle run. Congratulations to Louisa on the first JD title in 7 years.

Believe what you want, call me what you want, ridicule me all you want. Just because most on here dislike me, it doesn't mean I just made that up. I wouldn't make that up! And the Cville player that randomly started jawing would never normally do that. And I don't come here to portray myself in a certain way and be politically correct all the time, and be much different in person either, like some posters here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT