ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa's Brandon Smith drafted by the Carolina Panthers

LionNation540

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 13, 2019
Two of the best players in Virginia history, 5-star linebacker Brandon Smith of Louisa and North Stafford running back Devyn Ford have seen increasing playing time already at Penn State. Ford has already scored 2 TDs, including an 81 yard run, and Smith has already annihilated opposing players. Smith just got moved up to the #2 Sam linebacker as a true freshman. Definitely a great future ahead for these two! Everyone in the state should rally and stay behind these two great kids! They are representing Virginia football to the highest level and have a great road ahead to the NFL!

Why Brandon Smith looks primed to continue Penn State football’s long lineage of impactful linebackers
https://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_7af5ad62-d97e-11e9-97c4-c776774b8d87.html

True freshman Brandon Smith might not have started the season on the top of the depth chart, but it did not take long for the Louisa, Virginia, native to make a positive impression.

Just a few short weeks into the campaign, Smith has already garnered the respect and attention of his teammates and coaches.

“I don't think there's any question that he can run and hit, obviously,’’ James Franklin said. “You saw it on high school tape. We saw it in training camp. We've seen it in practice, and now we’ve seen it in games. It doesn’t surprise me [that Smith has played well], and we’re really excited about his future.”

Last edited:
Brandon is the real deal on and off the field. Prime example of raised right. His father is a great man and his support system is second to none. Lions have another Smith, Jordan who is only a 10th grader, who will be following in Brandon’s footsteps soon. He was instrumental in Louisa’s win over Massaponax. The Smiths are set up to win in life! Great post @LionNation540

Reactions: LionNation540
I know only a couple of you care, but Brandon is a semifinalist for the Butkus Award. He led his team with 8 tackles against Ohio State.

GO LIONS, keep repping VA! Shout out to TreVeyon Henderson too!

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT