ADVERTISEMENT

LT 54 Kings Fork 39

DEVILSLB99

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2005
As we told KF at the end of the game, where was this inspired play all season?? They played their tails off!!!

We came out flat and KF came out ready to play and we were down 27-7 early in the 2nd quarter. Now a lot of their scoring was self inflicted as we had an interception that the db didn't squeeze that turned into a td, blew an assignment for a td, fumbled 2x, and got a kick blocked for a td. We were able to score two quick tds to end the 2q to be down 27-21 at the half.

Let me make this clear the officiating was flat our garbage last night. We had the same officials that blew the IR-Oscar Smith game and they had our game with Norview where we had a tight one. When we saw those guys were officiating our game we knew it was going to be a long night. I hate to talk bad about officials, but their reputation around here as a crew is terrible.

Kings Fork stacked the box and decided we were going to run so we decided to throw it since they were playing us man to man. Our soph QB had 428 yards passing and 6 td's with Wayne Davis showing why he's going to OSU 8 catches 293 4 td's and a pick 6 when they finally decided to go his way when we were up late. We did a good job slowing down KF do everything RB Wethington as he was held to a season low 82 yards on 25 carries.

The name of the game is survive and advance and I know people will see this and be like man they gave up a lot of points, but we have one game like this a year. In 2012 we gave up 40 to Churchland in a game it was just one of those nights, but we came out on top. Road only gets harder from here.

Reactions: one man and OCBoy
It may be my imagination but the officiating this year seems particularly bad this year , Lafayette is averaging over 100 yards of penalties the last bunch of games. Some of the calls seem incredulous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT