ADVERTISEMENT

Luray 41 Central (Woodstock) 25

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
I was thoroughly impressed with Luray. Huge and disciplined line and hard runners, but most impressive was their game plan and play calling. Luray marched downfield on their first possession all on rushes that probably got about 6-7 yards per carry. Central put together a nice drive of it's own and hadn't even finished their first drive after the first quarter. Falcons went for two after a penalty and didn't convert, 7-6.

Luray did much of the same the second drive to build a 14-6 lead and recovered an onside kick and scored again to go up 22-6, backbreaking for the Falcons who had only had one possession and were suddenly down 16. Central strung together an extremely well-fought touchdown drive and converted for two to cut the lead to 22-14 at the half. Woodstock could not capitalize on their first drive in the second half and nailed a FG to make it 22-17. Luray proceeded to score again, then recovered another onside kick and scored again to make it 34-17 going into the 4th. At that point, Central's four drives consisted of three touchdowns and a FG and they found themselves down 17.

The Bulldogs just executed a masterful gameplan that worked to perfection. Excited to see what happens in their game against Strasburg. I thought Central looked pretty good, but Luray was on another level. Haven't seen Strasburg yet.

Gonna be exciting headed down the stretch in the Bull Run.

I was thoroughly impressed with Luray. Huge and disciplined line and hard runners, but most impressive was their game plan and play calling. Luray marched downfield on their first possession all on rushes that probably got about 6-7 yards per carry. Central put together a nice drive of it's own and hadn't even finished their first drive after the first quarter. Falcons went for two after a penalty and didn't convert, 7-6.

Luray did much of the same the second drive to build a 14-6 lead and recovered an onside kick and scored again to go up 22-6, backbreaking for the Falcons who had only had one possession and were suddenly down 16. Central strung together an extremely well-fought touchdown drive and converted for two to cut the lead to 22-14 at the half. Woodstock could not capitalize on their first drive in the second half and nailed a FG to make it 22-17. Luray proceeded to score again, then recovered another onside kick and scored again to make it 34-17 going into the 4th. At that point, Central's four drives consisted of three touchdowns and a FG and they found themselves down 17.

The Bulldogs just executed a masterful gameplan that worked to perfection. Excited to see what happens in their game against Strasburg. I thought Central looked pretty good, but Luray was on another level. Haven't seen Strasburg yet.

Gonna be exciting headed down the stretch in the Bull Run.
Perilous game plan when you're relying on onside kick recoveries. Teams will be prepared for this down the line.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Perilous game plan when you're relying on onside kick recoveries. Teams will be prepared for this down the line.

Agreed, however for this game I thought Luray executed both at perfect times that were just back-breaking for Central. Obviously it can't be a long term strategy, but I thought for the singular game plan it was a perfect call by the Luray HC.

Reactions: Ech8014
Agreed, however for this game I thought Luray executed both at perfect times that were just back-breaking for Central. Obviously it can't be a long term strategy, but I thought for the singular game plan it was a perfect call by the Luray HC.
Agreed, must have saw something.

Luray looks really good. I could not believe Central did not adjust their defensive front at all from what I could tell. Luray is going to be hard to beat if your defense is not playing assignment football and making sure tackles, Arm tackles will not work on Luray's running backs. My one concern for Luray as it was on display a little Friday night is the unsportsmanlike penalties. #55 had two of them and on one he started towards a official and was jawing. His teammates pulled him back and tried to calm him down then he started shoving his teammates. They will need that cleaned up if they want to make a run in the playoffs. That muddled huddle onside kick is now on film so teams will be able to prepare for it as well. If a team can slow the run down enough to force them to pass Luray will be in trouble. It was a good hard fought football game the better team won. Me personally with a team that is as run heavy as Luray I would have linebackers closer to the line of scrimmage instead of 6-7 yards off the ball.

Luray looks really good. I could not believe Central did not adjust their defensive front at all from what I could tell. Luray is going to be hard to beat if your defense is not playing assignment football and making sure tackles, Arm tackles will not work on Luray's running backs. My one concern for Luray as it was on display a little Friday night is the unsportsmanlike penalties. #55 had two of them and on one he started towards a official and was jawing. His teammates pulled him back and tried to calm him down then he started shoving his teammates. They will need that cleaned up if they want to make a run in the playoffs. That muddled huddle onside kick is now on film so teams will be able to prepare for it as well. If a team can slow the run down enough to force them to pass Luray will be in trouble. It was a good hard fought football game the better team won. Me personally with a team that is as run heavy as Luray I would have linebackers closer to the line of scrimmage instead of 6-7 yards off the ball.
Isn't there a rule about ejections for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties in a game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT