ADVERTISEMENT

Mac McClung just declared for the 2020 NBA Draft

I still can't believe he went to Georgetown, unless that was his best offer.
He originally committed to Rutgers, but then changed his mind and went to Georgetown. Heck in high school, people were saying he would never make it in college and that he would never see the floor. I still feel that he will come back to college for one more year. I think he could potentially be a solid role player in the NBA and fill in starter. I have seen many who said that he won't make it in the NBA because he doesn't play defense, but if anyone has looked at box scores from recent years, not many people in the NBA play defense.

If he shot the ball like Steph or even JJ. Reddick the lack of defense wouldn't matter. He's good, but what's his best trait for the NBA? I wish the guy luck. Maybe his game is better for the NBA.

Reactions: BigWinners
If he shot the ball like Steph or even JJ. Reddick the lack of defense wouldn't matter. He's good, but what's his best trait for the NBA? I wish the guy luck. Maybe his game is better for the NBA.
His athleticism is his best trait in my opinion. His outside shot obviously needs to be better, but from everything I've ever heard, the kid puts in a lot of work and I'm sure he will work to improve his outside shot.

Reactions: aw19752
Committing to Rutgers makes less sense than Georgetown.

from a basketball standpoint Rutgers probably would have made more sense.

In Mac’s class they signed Montez Mathis and Ron Harper Jr., and they already had Geo Baker on campus.

They were a top 30 team for most of the season and most likely would’ve made the tournament (if there had been one) for the first time in 30 years. Their style of play probably would have benefited Mac more as they were a sound defensive team but lacked an aggressive scorer on offense.

I understand why he went to Georgetown as they’re a more high profile team and it’s a lot closer to home, but in my opinion he would’ve benefited as a basketball player more by going to Rutgers.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned

dang we agree totally. At his size, with his style of play (being a score first G and not a pass first guy), without hitting at least 40% of this 3pt shots, he won't make an NBA roster. Maybe the G-League.

Tennessee is who everyone is saying on Twitter right now. His entire family is big UT fans apparently.

His sister played soccer at UT after transferring from Florida State originally...

I have heard UNC and Maryland also. I hope he doesn't go to UNC, then I will have to pull against him being a Duke fan... :D

UT makes total sense - family wise, and it’s close to Gate City/SWVa fans that can watch him as well.

Reactions: olemissboy30
SEC or ACC - great competition and TV exposure in either league

Either league will be fine because he can score and isn't afraid of the moment. But regardless of where he lands he has to improve on defense to be NBA ready. He has 2 years to make that happen. According to ESPN he is the most sought player in the portal. That tells me a lot of schools are admitting he was under recruited in highschool. Good luck to wherever he lands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT